HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Its that time a year again... OMG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Was at a festival Sunday... 
    We had a booth at a festival passing out flyers on our corn maze and haunt. Lady walks up with her husband a few feet behind her. She picks up one of my flyers all excited "Does this tell us how to make our own corn maze". She thought I showing people how to make them.

Step up folks and get all of Wicked Farmers secrets and know how....all you need to know to make a corn maze....all on a half sheet of paper.

Yes I HONESTLY HAVE told someone to not bother coming to my maze because "You are too damn stupid to find your way through it."

Wicked Farmer

2. Default  
    St. Louis, MO
    Actually the best phone calls I get each year are these... already got two

Someone calls me from my own town and says they want to open a haunted house and want to know if I'll help them! LOL

I always ask what did you think this might cost... they always say they have about $25,000 or so to invest. I say back have you ever been to The Darkness? Yeah well $25,000 wouldn't build one scene much less pay for all the safety equipment you would need and then some...

I'll just announce this now... I'm opening a 4th Haunted House in St Louis in 2014. I hope to get it done for a tour during the Transworld Show... I don't know how much its going to cost me but it will be a TON and I mean a TON!

Opening a haunt now is one of the biggest risks possible ... between the building, labor, liability risks, marketing, safety equipment to you all know what else. I would probably say more fail than make a profit... so these calls are always interesting to listen to.

3. Default  
    Mount Pleasant, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    Let me tell you the most popular phone call I get now... people call me and want to know if there is anyone in the industry that does any of the following:

1) Can someone bring a haunted house to my building and we'll share revenue ... meaning you do all the work they pay nothing and get money for it. I tell them NO ..
    I would LOVE for someone in my home town to offer me a location, and have me supply the haunt! But unlike Larry, I don't already own a pro haunted house (or in his case, soon-to-be FOUR haunted houses! Congrats Larry!)

4. Default  
    St. Louis
    What's the location on the new haunt? And what's it going to be like?

Thread Information