Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want digital versions of haunt magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey we have tons of back issues for sale... HINT HINT! Go to www.hauntedhousemagazine.com and you can replace most of the issues! LOL

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I mean, I think it's obvious enough that Larry doesn't want to do digital due to monetary reason. A) He doesnt want to have someone find out how to get it and distribute it for free and b) people can spend more on replacing magazines that get ruined.

And it's Larry's right to do that. However stating that there isn't a market for it, seems a bit silly to me.

Comment

Also, in saying that alot of the stuff is on the website... This may be true, but I find navigating to find stuff on here other than the forums a nightmare. I go to a page and see like 15 boxes with various info in them. It doesn't make finding what I'm looking for super easy (example: the link he posted for back issues, its kinda hidden in with a bunch of other stuff)

I love all the resources the site provides, I just wish there wasn't so much "fluff"

Comment

DO NOT PRINT THE MAGAZINE for MONEY REASONS ... take that one back brother! I think I've said this probably 100 times already it would be better to go digital. Trust me anyone who does a magazine digital ONLY doesn't want to invest in the product, wants to take the cheap and easy route. I've already said 100 times that it would probably be 100 times more profitable thing for me to do... and 1000 times easier. So what in the hell are you talking about... I don't do the magazine for money its loses money!

If I went digital I could probably make some money probably but it wouldn't be much if anything... there is no future in the magazine business, printing or digital not in my opinion. If you ask me this was done to get under my skin the same group also tried to start a blacklight mini golf business because I did that as well, among other things. What they don't realize is I DO NOT CARE they don't bother me one bit they never even cross my mind... I know I can build anything better, can create anything better, do anything I want better, so why do I care? I don't... other people have started magazine and someone came around and accused me of being un-happy about it because I had competition... LOL!

I could care less if this new magazine that magazine a future magazine comes along and make 40 million dollars I don't care because it doesn't pay my bills so why would I care. I think a lot of people in this industry have me pegged wrong... I just don't care what anyone thinks about me. I only care about what my kids thing of me... I'll offer my opinion if you don't like if you think I'm wrong that is your opinion. People should respect me because I do offer my opinion and I put it out there in a manor in which I think is meant to help or at least give food for thought.

I respect anyone who comes on here and tries to help even if I think they are dead wrong... see that isn't an argument that is a debate a difference of opinion it is what it is. I don't care about making money from a magazine, or doing seminars, or traveling around the nation like say Leonard does to speak everywhere... I do none of that.

I enjoy spending all my time with my family ... I never knew what love was until I had my kids. I had a very tough childhood okay... that is why I am the way I am like it or not. I'm not changing although I've mellowed out a ton over the last five years or so. I use to care what other people do but I don't anymore... so as far as I'm concerned 50 more people can start a magazine I wont' care...

This doesn't bother me because I have one mission and one philosophy... if I take even one penny from you I want you to get more than you paid for and then some. My only care with this industry or our customers is to give them everything they paid for to never short change them and never ever take the easy road.

You can say whatever in the HELL YOU WANT about me or anything I do but NO ONE is going to accuse me of not doing EVERYTHING I DO FIRST CLASS... all these other haunt tours that have happened have NEVER spent the time, the effort, and the money to produce them like I have. I don't care if only 25 of you buy a ticket next year I'm going to do everything the same... ALL OUT yes even for only 25 people! Doesn't matter to me that is how I do everything.

So getting back to the magazine... I will continue to lose money doing it so I can give people our customers what I think they need, what I think they want, because that is what I committed myself to do the minute you paid me for the magazine no matter how much we make or lose doesn't matter. You should always expect that from me...

As for whatever anyone else does doesn't bother me... because in the end I know without ANY DOUBT who knows more about helping this industry and that is all I will stay focused on. Right now we are in the midst of probably the single most successful year we've ever had with this website, building attractions, selling products, and I'm hoping this years haunt season does well ... I'm hoping all haunts across the country do well. Last year our business was terrible... I think our one competitor here in St Louis went out of business, probably again because last year sucked so bad. It was even hard for me to survive last year... the haunt business isn't easy, and many try and many lose tens of thousands of dollars. It is not a get rich quick scheme, I've lost money on haunted houses, and I've made money, and I enjoy sharing my experiences with others through these forums and well the magazine. I will continue to do that until I have a year that is so bad I'm living on the street unable to pay for a glass of water. It could happen who knows... LOL

Bottom line is I hope and wish ALL haunts even the haunts who who start magazines, or run websites, or people who bad mouth us, or doesn't matter... we leave this forums on to help ALL haunts of ALL sizes that is the only thing and reason why we are even here not for money.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

I couldnt help but hum "Glory Glory Hallaluja" while I read that post Larry, preach on Brother Kirtchner!
            Allen H lol
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I couldnt help but hum "Glory Glory Hallaluja" while I read that post Larry, preach on Brother Kirtchner!
              Allen H lol
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I know I personally have let my subscription lapse mostly because we aren't digital yet. I do all of my college courses online and with digital books, and it's wonderful. Just my two cents.

Comment

Going to college digital sounds like at least to me pointless... 90% of the college experience is being there, meeting people, experiencing independence, going to football games, parties and everything between. Boy you are really missing out...

In the end unless you there to be a doctor or dentist or something along those lines college really doesn't help much other than the fact that you are suppose to have those degrees to get a job. Very little of what you learn in college applies in the real world working environment... same thing goes for a pilot... going to school learning to fly and flying a plane are two different things. I don't want some grad of flight school flying my ass around... no way!

College is something you experience and remember for the rest of your life! The magazines shouldn't be digital they should be in your hand on the toilet (LOL) dropping bombs and learning something. LOL

No seriously... just joking but again seriously ANYONE and I mean ANYONE can produce a digital magazine, a podcast, a haunted house blog, just like thousands of others produce blogs on politics to whatever. Just because someone does do it doesn't mean its worth fifty cents... if you really believe in what you are doing you'll print a magazine and play with the big boys. That is my thought on the subject...

I feel the same way about so called experts ... you talk a lot but you do little. Either get in the game or stand on the sideline... you learn more from doing than you'll ever do from talking.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Larry, just curious did you go to college?

Millions of people take online classes now and that will only increase.

Jake

Comment

Yes I did but I then quit when I opened a haunted house the rest is history...

As for taking classes online you know a lot of people can't get into college or can't afford it so online classes could be the way to go. There can be a million reasons why someone does that like they have a family to support but they need a better job so this is the only way to make it work who knows. But going to college and experience that lifestyle is 90% of to me anyway...

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

I vote everyone head over to ISSUU.com and start their own digital mag!! HAHAHA, jk jk...

And I like how the assumption was iPads weren't bathroom friendly. lmao

He's an example of ANYONE being able to produce a lazy publication >> http://issuu.com/atmosfear

They offer free digital copies (aka NO MONEY BEING MADE BUT A MARKET BEING FULFILLED), or a paid "to-door" copy!

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYY...
                        O'Shawn McClendon
                        Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

I also find it HIGHLY unlikely that 57 people voted that they only want printed issues. I can understand still wanting them, but why would so many people be AGAINST having digital issues in addition to printed.

I love this site, but this is just another one of those suspicious happenings that go on on these forums.

Comment

Couple things here... first off you've crossed the line making accusations like that. To bad you guys can't count because at the bottom of the page alone including myself it shows I think 92 logged in members have viewed the thread. Two I'm sure that figure isn't even accurate and three I don't know if you can or can't vote without being logged in. As an admin I've seen as many as 500 people viewing threads on these forums AT THE SAME TIME! On a normal day there are several hundred who visit the forums but don't log in... overall there are over 6300 members and probably 25 people sign up new every single week. Not everyone wants to post and be ridiculed like DA does from time to time or have an accusation thrown around as Phatasm or whatever you name just made. Since you brought up all this I logged in the backend and approved another 15 new members... we'd have ten times the members if I had time to approve everyone who wants in here. But I don't... right now there are 43 people viewing with only 7 logged in.

Trust me there are hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds viewing the forums every single week most don't log in... but keep your accusations to yourself unless you have facts to back them up because I don't appreciate them!

Facts are facts brother... if you don't like what we are doing DO SUBSCRIBE PERIOD! The only thing I will say is this... then miss out and great information because it aint going digital not right now no matter how many people post, vote, cry and whine. Like I said anyone can start a digital anything and chances are the info will not be worth paying for but I could care less either way. I'm only concerned about what we do nothing else.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Working...
                            X