Anybody getting nervous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to get a little nervous

We have had a couple of small problems with orders this year but they were all fixed in a timely manner. I still have one prop that hasn't showed its face yet. Gore galore gave me a delivery date of July, but August came and nothing, I wasn't too worried because I've never read anything negative about them. Then September rolled around and I am getting a little bit anxious, contacted them by email and was told it would be out the door last week, still haven't heard anything since, so yeah now I am a bit nervous!!! Hopefully I'm stressing over nothing. With that said, we had good deals with Creature Corps, Midnight Studios, Distortions (as always), and pumpkin pulp. Now just crossing my fingers that gore galore comes through really soon and doesn't give me a reason to skip their booth this year. I really love their stuff, but I don't do the whole fool me twice deal!

Update: received our order from gore galore today. It's awesome and I am totally glad I was worried for nothing. Thanks Kevin!!!
    Last edited by Trepidation acres; 09-26-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Yes, there are excellent companies out there Fright Props gets 5 stars also!

Comment

Yes, I also love fright props! Some of the best customer service in the business! I didn't mean to forget them, just thought it was common knowledge!

Comment

wow!

Have heard of two haunts (spoke DIRECTLYwith the OWNERS) that they both had prop shipped back to SF for fixing (one broke after 2 days) and after a long wait they BOTH had an UNFIXED prop sent back to them. Do not be surprised to see t-shirts in St. Louis saying something like "Ask me why I will never buy from Scarefactory again". They are checking legality of it now! But after going on for a couple years now and always promised it will be taken care of lets just say THEY ARE PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Please don't worry

trepidation acres.
            please PM me the name the order is under and your invoice # if you have it and let me double check your delivery date for you.
            Not to worry, if you gave us a DEADLINE delivery date, and we said we could do it, you will have it.
            We wont leave you hanging without an answer, regardless.
            It has been a crazier than normal year.
            We always do our best, but things happen you can't for see.
            This is the way it is for ALL companies.
            But the best thing any vendor can do is make sure our customers know where we are at.... NO matter what the problem is.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Mike,
              Thanks for your patience.
              And I hope you love your costume!
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
                Mike,
                Thanks for your patience.
                And I hope you love your costume!
                Thanks again Kevin for your prompt response and handling of my order!
                I'm sure we will love it and can't wait for it to arrive!

Comment

I can't comprehend SF dropping the ball again like this.....When their entire business model relies on a fairly small group of customers for a niche product line such as professional haunt props....There is no room for huge blunders like this....It's not like they have a huge target audience to pool from (people with $1000+ to spend on 1 prop)....It's a shame they can't see the bigger picture.....I'm sure it's hard to build the amount of product they need to and still make the deadlines....They are more than likely understaffed....The bigger problem though is you guys are putting YOUR BUSINESS on the line by trusting someone else to deliver what you need to run your business for profit....It doesn't matter how well your running your business if the folks you have invested in (TIME and money) can't deliver....Not only do they fail but so do you....It's not like you can just cancel the order and have another vendor deliver an order to you next week....It's too late....There's a lot of trust that goes into this....I'm not a pro haunter but if I was and they burned me like this, I would not give them the power to do this to me again - 1. Take and hold my limited budget for an indefinite time frame 2. Waste my precious time waiting for something that may or may not happen 3. Stress me out wondering if they are building what I need 4. Leave me in limbo by not returning any kind of communication 5. Wondering when I should start a plan B because the season is almost here....In my opinion that is WAY TOO MUCH POWER for a company to hold over YOUR business....It's too bad because they make some of my personal favorite props....ZR

Comment

Working...
                  X