No announcement yet.

Glenn hetrick's royal creature society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In his defense, it is hard to act nice and humble when there are thousands of people that you don't know, clamoring and demanding a piece of your time and effort for free, because they think they know you because you're a celebrity.

Comment

Well said, Mr. Alvey.
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Very True Info!
        How come other celebs can be gracious and nice .
        No excuse. He should never agreed to come if he cant handle it period.........

Stew

Comment

Ok,
          Let me give you a story that really put Glen on defense at the show. Now, I don't know Glen, I just met him once, and poked a little fun at him actually. I asked him if he wanted my autograph. He smiled and was gracious, and he realized that I was not some fan boy. I am not a fanboy of anyone. I know that all celebs are just people.

Well, Glen and I were talking at one of the after hours parties. I didn't really want to share this because it was a private conversation. But it really helps to illustrate a point.
          He was approached and asked for an autograph and a photograph while standing in a stall in a bathroom while taking a leak. After that, well he just didn't know what to think about some people. He said it really hit a nerve with him. This is no joke, this really happened.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

That's funny cause I posted that on Larry's post lastnight but deleted it cause I thought I was being preachie but in the home fitness world I get asked for my autograph at events
            and more then once at the urinal. I am surprised he got "pissed" at that. If you don't want it get off the stage. I think he has created a character too and that's smart and recognizable for probably promoting himself to those outside his niche. I talked to him at the Mansion after dinner, he was nice to me, to my wife and daughter.. Was not in character. He was also more then nice to a fanatic who came up to him. His masks are obviously targeted to the collector and with his platform shouldn't have a problem pushing them. Just my experience with him....

Comment

Glenn was very nice to Rachael and I while at the Renn. bar. We were seated right across from Glenn and Tim Bunch...Tim got up to go piss and Glenn approached US and was cutting up about how crazy everyone is. We laughed and talked a bit about the convention, the industry and how crazy some of the people seem to be. He was extremely nice, polite and funny. I didn't expect him to say anything to us let along start a conversation.

Nothing but respect for Glenn...no matter what his hair is trying to say!

-Tyler
              http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
              >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

All I knowis.... theres alot of pissing going on......lol

Stew

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
                  I must admit I am pretty disappointed that everyone is attacking this Gentleman.
                  However, He has made an effort, as well as many others who would never have made their way to this industry before, and this is how he is treated. What if he were to see this thread. SO, very insulting. He has made an effort to be a part of this industry, and he gets treated like crap.

But you must realize he was invited to attend the Transworld show, He didn't know anything about it, until Tim Bunch invited him to attend the Transworld show after the Transworld board asked who should we invite to exhibit, and believe it or not he got a booth. He didn't need to bring his company to the show, and that made him decide to start a website and provide product to this industry.
                  As well as many others from TV and other celebrity status individuals. Those from Faceoff, and Robert Kurtzman's Creature Corps. SO, What I am saying is our industry has grown so much that it is pulling outside talent into this industry. Imats makeup artists and film talent And that is something to be proud of.

But if this is how you are going to treat people, then why should they.

You know everyone has the right to have their opinion. But remember what your momma used to say, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Kevin give the kumbaya stuff a break. He's a part of the film industry he has no ties to this industry now that CGI are taking over these "gentlemen" are looking to cash in and be the kings of Halloween. He has to earn his respect like anyone else.

Jake
                  Last edited by Deathwing; 08-20-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Nothing but positive experiences with him. In a personal setting he is quite different. He was in town in June of 2012 as a guest at a horror con. Several of the celebs, Glenn included, came to our building for a tour after the event. Glenn had to leave early so I walked him out and talked for a bit about our attraction. Later that night he approached my girlfriend and I at the bar and offered to buy us a drink for the personal tour I gave him. At this years Transworld show I stopped by his booth, shook hands, talked for a minute and moved on. Just like anyone else at the show. About an hour later as we were walking the show floor someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and it was Glenn. He said that while we were talking at his booth he thought I looked familiar. He remembered and found me as we walked the show. He apologized for not remembering me right away, thanked me again for the tour and offered to buy us a another drink that night.
                    Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

Deadmanwalking is right we just wrapped up doing the large format graphics here in Detroit and will be in Chicago tomorrow for a movie and you won't see our company or personal names on the credits. We are doing these direct for Paramount but we have never made the credits yet. This does not mean we did not do them though. Also the price of the mask are very pricey for a haunter to use in a haunt but for a mask collector the prices are about normal.
                      Phatman

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalking View Post
                        Nothing but positive experiences with him. In a personal setting he is quite different. He was in town in June of 2012 as a guest at a horror con. Several of the celebs, Glenn included, came to our building for a tour after the event. Glenn had to leave early so I walked him out and talked for a bit about our attraction. Later that night he approached my girlfriend and I at the bar and offered to buy us a drink for the personal tour I gave him. At this years Transworld show I stopped by his booth, shook hands, talked for a minute and moved on. Just like anyone else at the show. About an hour later as we were walking the show floor someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and it was Glenn. He said that while we were talking at his booth he thought I looked familiar. He remembered and found me as we walked the show. He apologized for not remembering me right away, thanked me again for the tour and offered to buy us a another drink that night.

Dead Man is right...I think I was the one to give him a ride back to the hotel that night, was really nice guy to talk to....wanted to by me a drink but somehow I got distracted and didnt get a chance to get it. He was a totally diff person then what Ive seen him be on the show
                        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          Dead Man is right...I think I was the one to give him a ride back to the hotel that night, was really nice guy to talk to....wanted to by me a drink but somehow I got distracted and didnt get a chance to get it. He was a totally diff person then what Ive seen him be on the show
                          I'm gonna have to go ahead and call bs here. I don't doubt Glenn was a nice guy, but there is no way in hell you missed out on a free drink.
                          Brett Hays, Director
                          Fear Fair
                          www.fearfair.com

Comment

I stopped by their booth at the show and must say the masks they had there simply put was pure awesome. The issue with their masks like silicone in general is the price. I've been buying a lot of the foam masks from Creature Corps because I like the masks and I like the price even more!!! LOL

I would love to get more silicone masks but the price has to be right... this year we'll have on the busiest day working at one time ummm about 200 plus. You can't put them all in make up and you certainly can't put everyone in silicone masks so you have to find that happy balance. I'm just so happy we have so many options for masks now ... but for me price will always be king.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry I would agree 100% that you need to save you high dollar mask for that special acting area that you must have. I also have been happy with the Creature Corps mask, the detail for the price you can't beat. By the way I got that idea from the tour of your makeup area at TW this year so that just goes to show you that people do take notes and learn from it.
                              Phatman

Comment

Creature corps? Aren't there foam latex masks like in the $250 range? That's not cheap I think it's better spending $500 on a silicone mask and it offers you freedom to have more than one person wear the mask. Foam latex is gross unless its for one actor and one actor alone all season long.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X