Reality Show ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay?

All the other "rescue" shows put out the vibe that the show pays for it. The bar rescue show most of the people claim to be in massive debt and will be closing there doors next month if there's not a major change in revenue.
    How can you pay for a major renovation if your in massive debt? Even the tattoo show looks like the show pays for it. If people are broke and sinking they don't have money for any renovation.
    Why should the haunts pay if no one else is?

Comment

Good point... however we all know you can't renovate a haunted house for no cost. No show is going to pay 100k or 50k or even 25k to renovate someones haunted house. I think a lot of the home shows you have sponsors of the show who give product but in most cases like say Vanilla Ice Project he buys the houses he's paying to renovate them because he's going to re-sell them. He's getting paid to renovate them on TV is all... but he's still paying.

If we come to YOUR haunted house and we renovate your haunted house that could be a life changing experience... your haunt could go from bad to awesome in two weeks. It can happen...

Look at this way... I talked to a guy remains nameless and his haunt detail wise isn't very exciting. He's got one of those typical haunts that goes to the shows and buys stuff and throws it where ever he thinks it might look good. I asked how much do you spend... he said 40k 50k every year at TW.

Okay lets start with that... I can spend 50k really fast btw, but we'll roll with 50k, we can do more to make your haunt better than ANYTHING you could buy at TW and that is fact. Your haunt wouldn't even look the same ... what is better 5 animations, a few props, a few masks, a couple of these and thats or your entire haunt renovated to look like its suppose to look? What is more of a game changer?

So basically we'll be looking for haunts who want to renovate their haunts who have say 75k who want to make their haunt look amazing, or maybe they need to make a cool lobby lets say and they have 25k so there is a budget and we try to work within it for the show... starts off looking one way and ends up another way.

In the end there is only one result BAD ASS!

So that year you don't go to TW and buy anything... oh well your haunt will look a million times better for it. Look at me I didn't buy anything at TW this year... nothing. The only thing I bought was that inflatable from Scarefactory he took my money and guess what I still don't have it yet... go figure. So yeah nothing. I spend most of my money on set design, paint, concrete, ummm real props you get from junk stores, not store bought animations so to speak. Yes we have those things to but they only enhance what we do... so I'm assuming you already have a lot of that stuff great... we'll make that stuff look better as well. We'll repair animations, we'll build out rooms, we'll make the place look totally different.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Concept

I think I took your concept all wrong. I thought you were trying to do a bar rescue style show were you go in and try to save a failing biz(haunted house). In that show the guy goes in looks at all aspects of the biz( there record books, spending, employees , etc). Then he teaches them were there making big mistakes, renovates the place and most of the time saves the biz.
        I think that could be more helpfull to this industry then a making monsters style show were you come in and just add eye candy to some show that's not in trouble.
        Think if you can go in, teach people how to be a success at what we all love to do and turn failing haunts to great haunts.
        That I think would do a great favor to what you have dedicated 30 years of you life to.

Just my two cents

Comment

Agree

You are right detail makes scenes. My exorcist room last year not to good. Bought more detail to the room (flickering lights, chest were the drawer slams open and shut, spinning picture, and motorized moving books, also used mix shellac to the walls). That room is crazy now. Not one thing will sell a room it takes ALOT more.
          My term is room filler.

Comment

We might only do one room in your haunt maybe the whole place just depends on how big and what the budget is... this includes dark rides and more. I think it should be fun. But rather than you spending money that year on at the show buying random things you put your money into a renovation. Also another point to be made is yes we can help a failing haunt we can get into those things as well like help them with their website look at everything they are doing and help all around the board yes we can do that. Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
            X