Reality Show ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive always looked at you as a

Mentor a teacher a leader ect in the haunt biz. You have been a great inspiration since I first started going to your haunts almost or about 20 years ago! Keep teaching! Spread the knowledge! Pass it on! Let everyone know about hauntworld, haunted houses and Halloween! And maybe more future haunters will come of this! Make it a positive thing! All I can say Larry is do it! You have done everything else! Why not?!
    Damon
    www.frightmaster.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson
      Yoo hoo? Moderators?

You guys wouldn't have let my post see the light of day if I said the F word.

DA

Comment

just do it

but like everyone says use caution with who you work with. You know it would be a hit so many of us watch anything somewhat haunt related. From face off to monster man I even tried to watch that awful cosplay show. The best thing I ever seen on tv even though it was edited down to a few minutes was the minis-odes for AMC they filmed out at Kevin Mccurdy's

Comment

Woah wait...Damon explain yourself buddy why was I drug into this...it clearly says SPOOKHOLE, I know I am always on your mind but damn man...get the right user at least
          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Call me crazy but I too was approached and signed the talent contract last week.Were signed up and ready to shoot !!! We actually had a sizzle shot last yr for anther show and was approached for a reality haunt project . Freemantle (American Idol producers ) spoke with me last Sept however they wanted to completely down play the haunted house so re declined. Our concern is positive exposure for the industry !!!
            I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Larry,
              What I have learned is it really does come down to liking the people you are working with.
              YOu don't like what they are doing and you tell them and they will change it. If not then you back out.
              You write it into the contract you have the right to back out at anytime.

But the main thing is, you will work a whole LOT more.
              We have filmed a sizzle real, and 2 separate pilots, one for US and one for Canada. plus I have done voice overs and other stuff. It is an interesting experience and I know more about the reality show industry now.
              and those demanded sOOOOOOOOOOO much time. We got our work done, but at about 1/2 speed.

The main thing about it is, you just don't know where it will lead. THat is the exciting part of it.
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Nice cober up Tater Scott Lyndd

Nice cover up Tater Scott Lyndd! Two of the moderators know who Spookhole is. Larry now knows who Spookhole is so its time to stop the Charade! And Dark not to start any shit w you but I don't really care what I posted earlier! Your constant posts you have made over the years and your still on here. I could care less! Good day Everyone! (:
                Damon
                www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                Last edited by damon carson; 08-21-2013, 06:01 PM.
                Damon Carson

Comment

Larry, if you have the time and you can negotiate an acceptable contract that includes the parameters for what you would consider a positive experience, why not go for it? If the only temptation is the money, which it sounds like is not the case, then it's an easy "no". Sometimes though, when opportunity knocks, you have to make sure that the only thing preventing you from opening the door isn't fear. I agree with the advice to talk to Ed at Distortions and get his take on it.

Also, why not pitch them the show YOU would like to do? You have the experience, the clout and the leverage to do this where most wouldn't. Script your own dream show and counter with it! You know you have the skills to do this too.

Just more thoughts for you to bounce around...

Kel
                  sigpic
                  Kelly Allen
                  Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                  www.RaycliffManor.com
                  www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                  www.HauntBook.com

Comment

seeing the giant zombies get delivered a few weeks ago was enough !!!!

just kidding !!!!!! you're in the drivers' seat, Larry !!!!!! what an opportunity !!!!!! what ever you decide is OK with me !!!! Good luck deciding !!!

Comment

Larry I have been there

Larry,

I have gone through it in Canada.

All I have to say is DO IT, not only will you be offered good money the exposure will come 10 fold.

I worked for a haunt that did the same thing. I was the GM/ head set/prop builder and it was the best thing the owners ever did for the business.

If you want to stay lazy I would be willing to join the team and take the brunt for you ..lol

It is an amazing experience and the majority of those shows are 75% "scripted reality" so don't think your business will crumble

If you would like to discuss send me an email
                      chat soon
                      Corey
                      liv2Haunt@yahoo.ca

Sudden Death Studios
                      WE GIVE THE BOOGIEMAN NIGHTMARES

Comment

This weeks episode on The Darkness exposed,

Watch Larry write checks and get into feuds with small haunts on his forum.
                        Matthew Rairden
                        Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
                        Project Manager
                        Find us on Facebook
                        www.circleofash.com

Comment

Kelly and Damon each have great points. Larry, try pitching a show that is truly educational to the average American in that it shows the industry as an international system, rather than just a market-by-market phenomena as Scariest Halloween Attractions seems to show. America Haunts did an alright job with that but, you guys restricted it to your small group of the very top, elite haunts. I think you should show all the tradeshows in-depth and different proceedings between them and then, the development stage over the Summer of a different group of haunts every year and finish the season with the part everyone likes the most: an episode each of haunt tours through every element of all the haunts with full lighting, sound, actors and no voiceover.
                          Mike Cirrincione
                          Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                          MAC Productions presents:
                          Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
                          AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
                          Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
                          Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Here is the deal... we are going to do a reality show. We are going to go with the company that we feel most comfortable working with. I think what we are going to do is renovations ... where we renovate attractions. My main hang up honestly is I don't want to do a show with a bunch of running around yelling and screaming even though I know that is what would make me a mega millionaire like American Chopper. We could pull that show off in a new york minute... i'm a very excitable person and that is an understatement. LOL

But that is now how I want to be now I'm more relaxed or trying my best to be... I want to do something fun something that would excite me and renovating someones say haunted house would be. I'd love to bring myself and my team to YOUR attraction and renovate it showing you a before and after. I think that would be awesome. I want to do something positive not something negative.

So I think we are going to do it... more coming soon!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

This week on The Darkness Exposed: See how much money can be thrown at a single haunt in a condensed 30 minutes!
                              Matthew Rairden
                              Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
                              Project Manager
                              Find us on Facebook
                              www.circleofash.com

Comment

Okay this is being sold now... question: Look I'm not trying to tout our company but I'm sure you realize we can really renovate an attraction and quickly. We can do detail so fast its not even funny... there is no company in this industry like us not even close. There are many people out there who can do amazing detail but fast??? Who would be interested in having us come to your location to your haunted house and totally renovate all of it or parts of it within a one week period??? We basically would bring our team to some sort of impossible mission to help turn your haunt around with an amazing renovation ... yes it would cost you. You have to pay us for the renovation but within whatever budget you have and it would be on national television. We'd do the same thing to dark rides, or other types of attractions... we'll start with haunts. Who wants a renovation who wants their attraction to look breathtaking fast on national tv? Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President
                                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X