Frightprops solenoid help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frightprops solenoid help

I am putting together a prop together and am pretty new with controller and solenoids, so I'm just looking for some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I have a motion detector hooked up to my picoboo jr to trigger a solenoid to open for an airblast, but when the controller activates the the solenoid nothing happens. I wired everything exactly like the diagrams showed and checked to make sure I did it right and still nothing. Any trouble shooting advice? I checked frightprops site and there isn't much about solenoids.
    Last edited by Trepidation acres; 08-17-2013, 10:49 PM.

Solenoid

Hello Trepidation. Without a picture or schematic of what you have done this will be a little tougher.
    How are you powering your solenoid? The Picoboo Jr. Will work for this set up. You can power the solenoid independently or use power from the controller with a jumper wire provided you have a 12 volt dc valve. Frightprops has a manual online for this controllers wiring options. If the manual does not do the trick come back and we will get you figured out. Here is the link to the web page. http://www.frightprops.com/faq/index...=99&artlang=en

Comment

My solenoid is 12 vdc, I am using the picoboo jr to power it via jumper wire. I wired it exactly how the diagram in the booklet showed. When triggered the led light on the solenoid lights up and I hear it activate but no air comes out of output.

Comment

How many ports on your valve?

List of things to check:
        Power to the controller
        Air to the valve
        Make sure controller is programmed to operate the function where your valve connects (#1 or #2)
        Check to make sure it is wired properly
        You can run the program manually to check the valve without a trigger
        You can check the valve with the button on it to make sure air goes through it
        Last edited by horrorman666; 08-17-2013, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by horrorman666 View Post
          How many ports on your valve?
          Just two, input and output

Comment

Is it the 1/2" dump valve for an air cannon?

Comment

Is it the 1/2" dump valve for an air cannon?
              No it's for air whips/ankle ticklers. I want to say it is 1/4 in.

Comment

You can check the components individually. Maybe try a light on the controller to make sure it is working properly.
                And also you could try to hard wire the valve with a 12 volt dc wall adapter to make sure it works.
                Can you get pictures of how it is put together?
                Last edited by horrorman666; 08-18-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

You check the components individually. Maybe try a light on the controller to make sure it is working properly.
                  And also you could try to hard wire the valve with a 12 volt dc wall adapter to make sure it works.
                  Can you get pictures of how it is put together?
                  For some reason I can't attach pics on here, I could send some to your email

Comment

I'm sending a PM

Comment

The solenoid should operate as you program.
                      Will the solenoid work if you just connect your power source directly to the valve, forget about the controller at this time. Get your valve and air pressure working and then when this works, wire into the PicoBoo Jr. That way you can narrow it down as to where your problem may be.
                      Scaring the yell out of them
                      Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

Comment

Working...
                      X