No announcement yet.

are overusing strobe lights nessasary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are overusing strobe lights nessasary?

Ive been out of the big picture for a year or so. But what ive seen is a lot of people using strobe lights to a unnecessary degree? Personally Im trying to work out strobe lights from future haunts because of the growing amount of people that have problems with them and tend to stray away from haunts. I would like to hear peoples opinions tho

Thanks
    Matt

Not necesary but a good effect, cutting them is like cutting something out of your diet, pretty tough to do. my thinking is that people who are sensitive to them avoid haunts already so I do not cater to them unless I could market that Im strobe free, and so far that has been unpractical.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I like strobes but don't use them in the Darkness anymore... just not realistic enough. I've instead chosen to go with these strobe like effects from Mini Spot. I like programing the lights to blink like they are broken lights... looks cooler. At Creepyworld and Lemp we use a lot of strobes.

Strobes are a great way to add something to a room that has nothing. Great tool for a haunter.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We get question a LOT

"Can you turn off the strobe lights?" Seems like we get this atleast every weekend if not every night. I like them on some props outside in the corn. But ALL of them are located with the controller easily located by closest actor. Rule giver/ "you may enter now" person has direct connection with one guy who will get the word out that a group needs strobes turned off. As soon as they pass the few we use come back on.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I have one strobe.

It is "On" for maybe 2 seconds. It helps to create the illusion that a massive electrical "Short" just happened in conjunction with the sound 'Defects" I made happen.
          My customers are more Familys and females and possibly often times older than most average October -only haunt crowds.
          Loud noises hurt "Ears" bright flashing lights hurt "Eyes",spinning things, visual or physical can make some vomit.. so I really strive to Not have such aggressive experiences available here for my precious customers. (And they ALL are "Precious" to us)
          This sounds pretty radical to commonly accepted thinking (along with the other things we do or don't do here) but I do believe in :"Whatever "WORKS",... "Works", still here open every night of the year for 26 years.
          So if these thing "Work" for you and your haunt, I have no problem with that in the least because I have always believed in this "Whatever" idea.
          And there ARE different audiences out there, now aren't there?

We are more "picky" as far as who we allow to enter the house because this place has never been nor will ever somehow be a quick run-through haunt. We are dealing with the customer for 60 to 90 minutes inside the house. Staggering, screaming drunks will not be in here.. too long, if they get in.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X