Seeking Facebook Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Facebook Help

For the past couple of weeks, when I log into my "home" page of my Facebook profile at https://www.facebook.com/HauntBook, I receive the following error:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc...zYV20GBU.js:23

If I click Continue, the error pops up again each time I make this selection. If I click Stop Script, the page only shows the last two updates by my friends.

I tried updating Flash. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Flash. I tried a few other suggestions I found by searching on Google with the error message. I use Firefox. When I tried loading the page in IE, the page locks up and I have to shut down the browser. Anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate any direction or assistance!

Kelly
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Couple things... I would start by running an anti virus on your computer you might have some there. After you do that see if it find something that might fix your problem right off the bat. Next try to download updates for your browser. Last but not least shut your computer off and restart sometimes your computer runs low on operating memory need a restart. If none of that works try clearing your history, cache, everything on your browsers... that should fix it.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry. I appreciate your reply. Unfortunately, I did try all of these things and the problem persists. Maybe FB will update something on their end that will resolve the issue. I checked FB Help and it appears a number of people are experiencing the same issue. Thanks again though!

Kelly
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I don't use Google Chrome but did you try that browser or how about a different computer all together? Did you try that? Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Well Larry, you're a genius! I've been resisting the switch from Firefox to Google Chrome, but that appears to have resolved the issue. I don't have the same problem using Chrome. Thanks buddy!

Kelly
          sigpic
          Kelly Allen
          www.RaycliffManor.com
          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I had it happen for about 2 months..didn"t matter what I did and it went away by itself. Never figured it out... but I posted and it happens to lots of peeps.

Comment

Might help? From someone..

it's because you have too many proccess running and also this can happen from too many browser windows open and not emptying your browser cookies. so press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click on processes and end those you don't need running. Be careful, don't click on anything that you don't know what it is , it could be a system file. Just end the ones you are familiar with, things that tend to run in the background that don't need to be are programs, like apple, itunes, realplayer, they are notorious for starting up at boot. Then clear your cookies, depending on your browser, click on tools at the top of the browser window and in firefox it will say clear personal data in internet explorer it will be at the bottom of the tools list "internet options" then click delete cookies, in firefox it says cache, then shut all your browsers and reopen one. you may even want to reboot. This freezing on facebook always happens to me too, and it usually happens while i'm playing farmville... that fills up your browser cache pretty fast so emply it regularly

Comment

It might be a browser add on that's interfering with Facebook. Disable all your add ons and see if it changes anything. If you don't have anything important on Firefox then just uninstall it and then re install. You may also want to reset Firefox to its default.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

This is caused by Facebook. Make sure your plugins are up to date and reset Firefox to make sure this issue is gone.

Comment

Lots of issues with FB running very very slow and freezing my computer, both home and at work, then it pops up. Try clicking the broken page link in the search bar (compatibility view).
                    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I really do appreciate it. In case you missed my earlier post, Larry's suggestions of switching to Google Chrome resolved the issue for me. I hope you are all enjoying an awesome weekend and thanks again!
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                      X