I would have done a search on this in the forums, seeing this topic has probably been addressed before, but the search feature on this site bites. Why I have to answer a random question of things in which I have no knowledge makes no sense.

That being said, we hired a professional company to build our indoor haunt. It's been built and painted. The fire inspector did his inspection and said we need to coat the entire thing with flame retardant - which confuses me, because A) what products I've seen so far is for non-painted surfaces only and B) why would a company that has built dozens of haunts not know this? I am getting a sinking feeling we are up the proverbial river with no paddle. So here are my questions.

1. Anyone have this issue, and solved it?

2. Any suggested product that could be used on painted surfaces?

3. Any idea how much product would be needed? We have two events with a total square footage of 4400 sq. feet - not all that big, comparatively, but still requiring a good deal of product.

Any advice is most appreciated.

Mephisto the Great