No announcement yet.

Hangsmans - Dallas Texas to Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark you could not be more wrong I can show you a whole bunch of haunts in the Dallas area that all pretty much get along and they are very successful. I know one in particular that has built there own building from the ground up and has paid it off lock stock and barrel in 6 years. All you need to do is talk with Allen Hopps about how they do it down there. I have owned my own companies for over 35 years and I can say that when I was in a dog eat dog inviroment I made less money. When you do is worry about what everyone else is doing you are not watching your own house. I don't let any companies get a edge in my back yard but that does not mean that I am not a gentleman. The Hangman's Haunt problem is not a problem with the competition from what I saw of it, it is more the same story you find with most charity haunts, they do well until the person that was the driving force behind it needs to hand it over to someone else and they find there is nobody to hand it to. And if you read the article that is one of the points that was made.
    Phatman

Comment

Its certainly not Minnesota down
      here !!! In Texas your competition will happily hang you from a tree, slit your throat and watch you bleed out all with a smile on their face !!! I climbed down from that tree a time or 2 myself !!!. Hangmans could probably last another 10 yrs. I do not feel its for lack of resources that they are closing . Deann has been doing this a long time and may just wish to have a life for herself. Those of you who know her wouldn't consider think for a sec her going down with out a fight unless its by her choice.
      I have fond memories and will Miss her and the haunt !!! Hangmans was my first to act in 22 yrs ago !!
      I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

FYI
        I am certainly not against any other haunts writing me a check lol !!!! address on request !!
        I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Phatman,

Thank you for your kind words and support, maybe it amounts to what state you live in.

For the record all of the haunts in Minnesota do very well and are very large in size, and have multiple attractions. Plus they keep up with something close to Knotts Amusement park. Don't judge or dismantle any of our haunts and let your ego get the best of you as our haunts are 20+ years in operation.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Wax Sculptor View Post
            Its certainly not Minnesota down
            here !!! In Texas your competition will happily hang you from a tree, slit your throat and watch you bleed out all with a smile on their face !!! I climbed down from that tree a time or 2 myself !!!. Hangmans could probably last another 10 yrs. I do not feel its for lack of resources that they are closing . Deann has been doing this a long time and may just wish to have a life for herself. Those of you who know her wouldn't consider think for a sec her going down with out a fight unless its by her choice.
            I have fond memories and will Miss her and the haunt !!! Hangmans was my first to act in 22 yrs ago !!
            Exactly and that's how it should be not this kumbaya nonsense. Business is like sports, and war, its survival of the fittest and only the hungriest will thrive. You immediately contradicted Phatman saying Texas haunts all get along. What people say to your face and what they do or want to do is entirely different.

Does Coke and Pepsi work together? How about Home Depot and lowes? Does Disney and universal have meetings in how they can help each other? Let me answer that its a resounding NO WAY they want to destroy each other and that's the competitive nature in business!

DA

Comment

Then there is "this".

The Kids:"We want to see that really incredible haunt called "XYZ!"
              Then the parents take them to see haunt" ABC."
              How did the kids end up being in a haunt but not ithe one they wanted to see?
              A very simple and everyday answer is:"Haunt ABC.. was cheaper!
              The Parents now feel as if they have satisfied their child's wishes!
              Wrong!
              Cheap-o's is what they is...most kids are not "Happy" then either?!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm not knocking any haunts especially Minnesota haunts. I love that they can get along. all I'm stating is TX can be brutal for charity haunts or profit. I for one would love to see such harmony and unity here as well !!

Comment

There is in groups in your area, but you have to find those guys. Like I said you must protect your back yard but there are other was to work with other haunts. As far as the cheepo haunts, we dont have that up here. This is what happens here we have sub par haunts charging $20 a person and when someone goes to that haunt they think that all the $20 haunts suck. This means they don't even look at another haunt to go see what they have. The guy I want to run out of business are the ones that have black wall and a bunch of Spirit mask and call themselves a haunt. We have over 110 haunts in the Detroit area and I would say that 60% are junk. these guys need to step it up or get out. But as far as the guys that are doing quality shows I will work with them to try to get rid of the fly by night guys. The better we make the industry then the better I will be in the long run. Its like the movie theaters they put one up in each area and make sure they are not right next door to the the next closes one. I have been running my company for a long time and we have become one of the best in the nation so maybe I look at competition a little different, I hire them to do the work I don't want to do and use them for big projects I need a extra 40 guys for.
                  Phatman

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Does Disney and universal have meetings in how they can help each other? Let me answer that its a resounding NO WAY they want to destroy each other and that's the competitive nature in business!

DA

Incase you havent heard...Disney owns Marvel...Marvels Islands of Adventures is at Universal, if Disney truly wanted to destroy Universal they would make them pull all marvel stuff from that park...however Disney being smart sees that 2 parks are better then one and will continue to help out...will they ever be best friends prob not.
                    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I would agree weeding out the bad haunts would help a bunch, I don't think we have any of these out my direction or based on the black plastic and Spirit masks lingo from above.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                        Incase you havent heard...Disney owns Marvel...Marvels Islands of Adventures is at Universal, if Disney truly wanted to destroy Universal they would make them pull all marvel stuff from that park...however Disney being smart sees that 2 parks are better then one and will continue to help out...will they ever be best friends prob not.
                        Scott, that deal only recently took place about 2 or so years ago and there was a stipulation that protected marvel universe. Believe me they do not like each other go to universal they take shots at Disney all the time.

DA

Comment

If you think that there is really a rivalry between Universal Orlando and Disney World you are a little off on that one. I have a Aunt who works in upper management for Disney and her daughter work for Universal, the only thing that goes on really is that a lot of Universals employee are jealous of the mouse. 2012 Disney World did almost 41 billion dollars in revenue and Universal Orlando did 2 billion dollars in revenue. I think that more like a pro haunter vs a home haunter. And Disney basically sent Harry Potter to Universal after they offered more money for the project and then withdrew the offer based on creative differences.
                          Phatman

Comment

Working...
                          X