Scarefactory? More like Slow Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarefactory? More like Slow Factory

Ok after a dozen phone calls, I have no choice but to bring this to the people. I ordered a chair costume in January that's right JANUARY before all of the shows and the orders. I was assured that I would have the Chair Costume before Transworld. Well Transworld came and went, and still no chair, I was fortunate enough to get Dave on the phone which he quickly blamed the girl that was no longer there and promised me that it would be moved to "Priority" status. Guess what kids? Its frickin SEPTEMBER, they wont return any of the messages they wont answer the phone. I was able to reach someone by phone a month ago only to be told that Dave wasn't available and they knew nothing and Dave would call me! Yeah and Obama is a conservative!. So they were quick to take the money for the Half down they require and here I am 3 weeks from opening and no costume and out almost $700. I have heard a lot about scarefactory but I normally reserve judgement until they do something to me. I have ordered from them before and no problem. But I guess since I am a piss ant and don't drop buku thousands of dollars on there stuff I get pushed off into forgottenville. Just thought I'd let it out, Hell Scarefactory wont listen. Had to get it off my chest. Its a shame to cause they have a lot of cool stuff but I wont risk it again. It feels as though if you aren't blowing your wad on them they crap on you. Not sure if that's the case or not but how do they know that next year isn't the year I spend $30,000 with them instead of the other guy? we can add this to the forever long list of complaints about the vendors in this industry.
    Joe Phillips
    The Shallow Grave
    Winter Haven FL
    http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

You are not the first to say these things and I am sure not the last they way it sounds.
    Phatman

Comment

I have sent several emails and phone calls myself trying to reach someone about an order I had and I'm open now... still no return phone call and no email back. I have no idea what is going on over there... does anyone know. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It sounds like they overbooked... AGAIN!

Comment

Why was this posted in Halloween Tech...

I tried again today no response.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Rats jump ship first when it is going down...

...thinking of driving by and seeing if rats are running out of a sinking ship. I have had some of their best stuff. It was stuff that drew news cameras in past so I reward prop makers who help me. But after this year.....I do not know how I would ever go back as a customer.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I have left more messages, more texts, more emails, still no return call no return email nothing. They have 10,000 of my money and I can't even get a phone call... how does anyone operate this way? I hope they get back to me because I really thought the inflatable zombie was cool but I've already opened... they need to get it together over there. Does anyone have any info on this? Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Larry I feel for you, it seem like this maybe the worst year so far for complaints about them. I have heard 3 other people having problems and have loaned out one prop to cover for the prop they were expecting to get from SF. Don't know what is going on but some one should knock on their door and see if they are still in business.
                Phatman

Comment

Another day and another day of no phone call, no email, no text nothing... you would think with all the forms of communication they could get let you know what is happening. I'll tell you what if I don't hear from them soon, and get this resolved I'm going ALL OUT off the wall on Scarefactory.

There is no reason for this level of communication.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Can't reach anyone at Scarefactory

We purchased a new prop from Scarefactory early September and have been trying to get someone at the factory as it is not working. All emails and phone calls unanswered in six weeks. Very disappointed and disgusted! We had wanted purchase much more but do not see how we could after this.

Comment

You know you’re never going to get a response! Talked to a couple from Holland at Transworld that had a stack of copies of message sent that were not responded too.

About that lady secretary who was blamed. She actually did a good job, got herself eventually in trouble for No fault of her own helping customers. They’ve had some caring good people work for them along with horrible ones.

Just today finished tightening six set Allen screws that were way loose on three props. This after taking a whole to day to repair one because of those screws being loose! It was a major task! I missed checking them from the factory. I could go on about these particular props…………many other issues including blame not getting what I ordered and paid for.

If, SF was not at Transworld in time someone would take their place. As long as the entire well known ARTISTS are allowed to show up, after paying their space FEE, this is what WE WILL GET. Point is someone needs to blame themselves. Was it worth it in the end? Sorry, but it seems we the customers are not being protected at the show.

Comment

Working...
                      X