Groupon Yeah or Nay ... Pros and Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groupon Yeah or Nay ... Pros and Cons

$17 dollar ticket (half price) to all the attractions !!!!! (northern suburbs) philadelphia a super , great deal !!!! deal closing soon

Who cares... selling tickets on Groupon is a very very poor business decision. I think the people who benefit the most from Groupon are people who are struggling looking at anything they can try to raise some awareness.

Shocktoberfest must not be doing well to resort to selling on Groupon.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Bad Idea

The only people who benefit from Groupon is GROUPON! I never liked this idea it's better just to spend your own money on advertising than cut a deal with a company that going to make more money then you in their program. Shane and it's just my opinion!
      sigpic

Comment

I've been to Shocktoberfest twice and for him to compete with the others in his market he probably needs the added sales. It's pretty good but not on the scale his competition is at in my opinion. Hope it works out for them,

DA

Comment

The haunts in his area step to the table and swing for the fence something he should consider doing to stay up with them... working with Groupon is not the answer. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Groupon is a fad no one uses anymore. Better to spend the lost funds on more/ more effective advertising.

Comment

Every single one of my local radio stations to TV stations run their form of groupon, even amazon.com runs a groupon, social living and the list goes on and on... it is beaten into the ground. Its easy money for those who swindle you into a deal... haunted houses should not do groupon and those who do at least to me appear desperate for business because when you do the math you are taking a bath.

You don't have to pay out of your pocket so a desperate haunt would try it... that is my view. But the money you do spend the money they keep is advertisement money you are pissing away. If you sell 1000 tickets on groupon first you are giving groupon like 40% or so then on top of that you are offering some discount so now you are at 50% PLUS you are giving away... so you sell say 1000 tickets at say 10 to your pocket that is 10,000 dollars that you could have bought a radio station and maybe got back 4000 customers at FULL PRICE. Groupon is for desperate haunt owners.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Well, I would say with 100% certainty that you are wrong.

But that would mean I know everything, and I don't, so I won't.

I'm not sure how you could lose anything if the promotions are at the fringe of your market area, where you might not buy radio anyway, but still manage to sell tickets... for zero expense?

Would I buy into this if it was centered in my market? No. So there you go- lemonade...
                How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Add fright factory to the list another great deal !!!!! (south philly)

In this economy, this is the only way i can go to these places. Sorry, i'm not rich like everybody else. Plus.... Just think about how many people will buy these and not even go. (like using gift cards) people buy them, or rget them as gifts, and then, don't use them. More in the philly area will pop up here soon, trust me !!!!! Things arond here are not good money-wise.............

Comment

I've been to shocktoberfest every year for the past 5 years

It is 49 miles from my house. Yet, i still go there and have paid full price. It is a haunted theme park. You can spend the whole night there. I've been going to different haunts for years. In my opinion, this is one of my favorites. Now, with this groupon deal, i will enjoy it even more, as times are tough with gas prices and all. Thank you, shocktoberfest for the great deal !!!

Comment

They are in a tough market, but I don't think that it matters. Shocktoberfest is bad ass. One of my all time favorite haunts. The actors in the prison are insane.
                      www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Groupon

One of the oldest haunt owners in my state (his haunt has been open for around twenty years) told me every haunt in my state that tried groupon went out of biz.

Comment

A great deal just got better !!!!!

Fright factory (south philadelphia) has just given another 13% discount on tix for their friday the 13th sale !!!!! 2 tix are now $25.00 (regular $30.00 each, with no restrictions) glad i waited !!!!! With these deals not only me, (but alot of cutsomers) can now afford to attend these events !!!!!

Comment

I remember someone saying they'd rather have 20,000 people paying $30 each than 30,000 people paying $20 each. More people more headaches and the show suffers.

Jake

Comment

Not gonna happen up this way. (paying full price)

Everybody is outta work. Philly is a very depressed area right now. The only ones selling out here are the eagles (football), taylor swift, and oh, ya...... Black sabbath just sold out too. (august 10th), but it took a while....
                              Were not trouble makers, we're just customers. Maybe they'll sell more food, t-shirts, etc. With all the security they have there, there won't be any problems. I go every year, both mentioned attractions are great shows. At least this year, (the way things are) i will still be able to attend. Thank you groupon , living social deals, and amazon local deals. Thank you !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X