Hayride Wagons/Trams/Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayride Wagons/Trams/Trailers

Just out of curiosity... Where does one find a wagon/tram for hayrides? Who makes them? How much $$$? Thanks. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Tram for sale!

I have a 60 person Tram built by Specialty Mfg FOR SALE.
    1984 GMC with only 30K original miles It is like the ones at Universal studios. The power unit is street legal so you can use it off season for other things and also has a hanicap lift. It would make a great unit for a haunted ride sides come off and has PA in both units for narration.
    We used this for our haunted Adventure last year ADA compliant and can move 60 people at one time Your actors can approach both sides for in your face scares.
    We use it during the year for private charters,parties and promotions and Parades It was previously used for Biotanical Tours and Flightline tours
    I dont know how to post pics here but will gladly PM anyone interested msroscoep@aol.com
    Last edited by msroscoep; 07-09-2008, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Trams

I decided to go with something unquie instead of the hay wagon. We build our own trams that seat 20 adults. Our cost is around $3,500. You can see a photo on http://americahaunts.com/images/spookywoods/index.html the tram photo is in the rotation of photos.

With these trams we can get an actor onboard very easy with the low lying step all around the tram. We can even get a awesome scare from above from the roof top. During the day we hitch all of our trams together and make a tram train for our daytime corn maze that seats 100 kids.
      Tony Wohlgemuth,
      Comes up with the fun stuff!
      Kersey Valley, Inc.
      www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Im not sure Im spelling this right but... Amish people make them and sell them for about $3500 or more dollars. Spookyworld use to buy them from these people. You can also buy kits or axel packages look around you'll find them.

I'll tell you what we do... we bought 20ft flatbed trailers and then welded on railes in my opinion they're better because they are cheaper and can be used for normal stuff. Additionally they're only a foot off the ground so no need for loading and unloading ramps, makes through put faster.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Im not sure Im spelling this right but... Amish people make them and sell them for about $3500 or more dollars. Spookyworld use to buy them from these people. You can also buy kits or axel packages look around you'll find them.

I'll tell you what we do... we bought 20ft flatbed trailers and then welded on railes in my opinion they're better because they are cheaper and can be used for normal stuff. Additionally they're only a foot off the ground so no need for loading and unloading ramps, makes through put faster.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Long time ago there was an article on building a hayride wagon. Was a tad too high, IMO. Me likes the one you had in the picture, Tony W. Why not write up an article on construction for that type? Also, would it work ok with a hilly rocky pathway? worried bout bouncing everyone up and down there...
            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Im going to upload some photos of my haywagons right now.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

I added photos of our hayride wagons here.

http://www.hauntworld.com/gallery/th...lbum=70&page=3
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

OMG I luv hayrides!! They r fn AmAzInG!!

-Taylor

Comment

we have made 3 hay rides trailer but we do not use them for our haunt because it just located at my house only..we use them for our christmas hay ride take groups for free to see everybody lights in the suddivison...here some pics i hope will down load on here. We use the ideal or the plans from this compamy www.wengers.com who sells them already made..we are poor people so we made our own
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by howierd3866 View Post
                      we have made 3 hay rides trailer but we do not use them for our haunt because it just located at my house only..we use them for our christmas hay ride take groups for free to see everybody lights in the suddivison...here some pics i hope will down load on here. We use the ideal or the plans from this compamy www.wengers.com who sells them already made..we are poor people so we made our own
                      Nice!,
                      Got any more pic's or a web site of your Christmas Event..
                      Ghoul Town

Comment

Originally posted by campdoc View Post
                        Nice!,
                        Got any more pic's or a web site of your Christmas Event..
                        more of the trans but nothing on the display will be making sure I have a picture taking person this year...pretty bad when I MAKE sure we take pic of our Work Jobs and nothing on the fun after hour work...Howard

Comment

wagons

just a couple questions, how many people do you get on your wagons and how big are they?
                          Thanks Leo

Comment

they are 8 x 20 and it depends on how much candy they have eaten ...lol app 30 to 35 I think...Howard

Comment

4x6 double tongue and groove doug fir floor, red oak support beams, folding stairs that swing up when they hit something, I have since added cushions that go on the straw bales.

I'm in the process of building a second one complete with pinstriping.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X