X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortions gives in to dog lovers... Check this out

Check this out folks

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...18406564910307

A bunch of stupid dog lovers are trying to make Distortions stop selling a PROP of a dead dog and Distortions gave in... whats next a dead body, an electric chair what?

Post on there and call these morons what they are morons!

Larry
    559902_639434002738007_1061566000_n.jpg
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Bowing down to dog lovers this takes the cake as Distortions says they will pull the prop... I would tell them to take their dog for a walk into a lake and stop picking on small business owners. These people are idiots!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Larry,
      It is hard to argue with STUPID. It is like banging your head up against the wall. I don't think Distortions should pull the prop. "If you don't like the show turn the channel!"
      Bart Butler
      HobNob Productions
      http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

If you give in on this one thing they will want more. I really can't believe Ed would turn his back on items that made him what he is. He may as well gut half his line. As for the "Animal Lovers" that feel offended get a life. I would say that 99% of these people are not his target audience anyway. His continuing success with Making Monsters is proof enough of that. I love animals too but I am not STUPID enough to be offended by a fake prop. Yes STUPID
        Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Yah, you'd think that activist had more...constructive things to do than to put the pressure on Ed and his crew. That's pretty lame. It's a hard spot for Ed though - because he may have felt like he was in a no-win situation. On one hand he has an activist group breathing down his neck and on the other the haunt industry. Either way you piss someone off.

I'd think though that activist have some more "real" problems to fight, like you know, actual abuse on animals...not a Halloween prop.

Just my meager $0.02

-Mike Ruyle

Comment

All I can say is, has Ed become a TV star and not a prop builder. The only reason to give in is to satisfy the viewers of the TV show, not haunters. If his concerns were for the people that buy his products this would not be a consideration. Sorry Ed but when ratings are more important than artistic freedoms then it may be time to decide if you are a hauter or a TV personality. They tried to do the same with the guys from Duck Dynasty and their response was shove it where the sun don't shine. Maybe you could send the molds over to Creepy Colection or Dark Ride and they can make them, I am sure they won't bow down for TV ratings. I just lost a little respect for the Distortions crew, I thought they were hard core horror guys, but I was wrong.
            Phatman

Comment

Maybe a good time for a prop maker to make a new dead dog to grab national attention. Way to get in the spotlight and the majority of peeps would think these nuts are nuts! Free marketing!

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                Check this out folks

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...18406564910307

A bunch of stupid dog lovers are trying to make Distortions stop selling a PROP of a dead dog and Distortions gave in... whats next a dead body, an electric chair what?

Post on there and call these morons what they are morons!

Larry
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17107[/ATTACH]
                First of all let me say that not all dog lovers are stupid, and the people you are refering to are more like animal extremists. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, these people are fine with all the blood and gore until that blood and gore belongs to an animal. I don't understand the thought process! The prop doesn't offend me at all, and I love my dogs. From a business point of view, Distortions probaly did the right thing. It takes the heat off of them and they can go back to peacefully doing what they do best. I just saw this today and have been posting good comments on their page to counter these lunatics. I think everyone should go post something good on their page, they have got to be sick of being bombarded by all the negative crap. We all know them to be a great company and great people, we should show some support.

Comment

Walmart

It seems like its deeper then what we thought...Almost like the people put pressure on Walmart...who then turned around and said well its Morris..Morris then turned and said its Distortions....I can see Morris saying something to Ed because they dont wanna loose the walmart account...therefore making Distortions buckle and pull the prop

http://www.examiner.com/article/walm...id-public-fury
                  Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I can't even believe someone would give into this... Distortions made a HUGE mistake worrying about what 50 idiots think about their dog prop. Its really no different than what you see when we open haunted houses and call them Asylum... we get the mental health advocates calling the local media. Screw them also... what pisses me off to no end is they pick on us but they dont' go after Arkham Asylum Video game or the countless movies where they say a nut job is a serial killer... no just pick on haunted houses because we are easy PR. I say stand up to these morons and turn it around on them! Stand up for what you believe in just like many people stood up for what they believed in before you...

These dog lovers are morons. I own a dog and I love my dog, and never would I think a skinned dog prop made from latex has anything to do with animal cruelty. Furthermore let me just say Ghost Ride is going out of business flat out if they gave into these types of demands half their line is skinned animals. I can't believe Distortions would give into these fools... take a stand tell them to go walk their dog!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Larry see the article I posted above

Distortions doesnt wanna loose the Morris account....Morris doesnt wanna lose the Wal-Mart account....People bitched at Wal-mart, Wal-Mart put pressure on Morris which turned around and put pressure on Ed I bet...
                      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

First off no one on Walmart knows Distortions sells it so they can go on selling it themselves... they didn't have to post that on the facebook. So Walmart drops the prop who cares... so they dropped it. The people in the industry who want the prop can still buy it and they can still sell it on their website to people who want it. I think Distortions needs to belly up here...

I'm sure all we'll be seeing from Distortions in the future are happy clowns, friendly zombies, magical elves, and the Tin Man!

LOL

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Good times

We received about 50 nasty e-mails yesterday demanding that we remove this prop from our site. Of course we left it up there and sold them all out within an hour. Now that the supplier has given in these wacko's think they have won the battle and now we are getting nasty e-mails demanding we remove ALL dead animals from our site. Apparently dead humans are ok because humans have a voice but animals don't. This is all so highly entertaining and great for driving traffic to my web site! Love it!

http://www.frightprops.com/dead-dog-prop.html

I can understand Distortions dropping the product... you have to choose your battles.
                          I'm just glad I bought myself one before they were discontinued!

Doug.
                          Last edited by FrightProps; 09-18-2013, 06:38 AM. Reason: updated link
                          www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                          [Google+] [YouTube]
                          [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by austind View Post
                            They tried to do the same with the guys from Duck Dynasty and their response was shove it where the sun don't shine.
                            Duck Dynasty and this event are hardly similar. Duck Dynasty was beholden to a contract and were completely hypocritical based on their reasoning, which I can explain via PM, not here.

This is a private business owner being harassed by some extremists. It's his decision, no one else's. If he did it for ratings, then he did it for ratings, good for him!

Personally, I'm not offended by the prop in the least bit and find that the activists have wasted their time; however, unless Distortions is openly calling to harass the activists, why bother sinking as low as they? What's the end result, anyway? The activists are not going to say "Oh, never mind keep the skinned dog prop! We love it now!". No, they are going to push back and/or ignore you completely; it's going to embolden their beliefs, not shake them.

On top of that, pushing back shows the activists that it was worth their time, that there was such a visceral response to what they are doing that their act HAS to be "good" and "holy". Being silent and showing they did not make a big splash is going to tell them they wasted their time.

Plus, harassing the activists just makes Distortions look bad, as if they went out and asked people to "strike back", despite the fact that Distortions made the decision to be amenable to the activists. How is this going to look for their future business?

You want to show support, go buy a bunch of skinned animal props from Distortions or something; show that there is demand for the prop still. Professionalism will go a lot farther than gut reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              It seems like its deeper then what we thought...Almost like the people put pressure on Walmart...who then turned around and said well its Morris..Morris then turned and said its Distortions....I can see Morris saying something to Ed because they dont wanna loose the walmart account...therefore making Distortions buckle and pull the prop

http://www.examiner.com/article/walm...id-public-fury
                              Well there you go, it's business.

Comment

Working...
                              X