New POSITIVE update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New POSITIVE update

I am posting this brief message to thank everyone on this site who encouraged me and helped me in many different ways. I am not posting this to stir up any old feelings about me or my situation. So, if this is something that you think might piss you off, then I encourage you to not read it.

I am finally coming out of the hell I was in. I still have a bunch of health problems, but I am starting to get back on my feet again. My back seems to have finally healed almost all the way. It has only taken 11 months when they told me it should only be about 3 to 4 months. My knee was correctly diagnosed as bursitis and there is not much they can do although the last few weeks it has not been bothering me. I am on a new insulin that seems to be helping to get my diabetes under control. The only huge pain I am in right now, knock on wood is a very painful wrist problem which appears to be bone chips from an old injury. They will have to go in and clean them out.

I never got divorced. My wife has decided not to throw away a 23 year old relationship. We are in counseling and doing much better. The last month I have even been able to start job hunting. So far nothing, but I am trying now which I have not been able to do for a long time.

Financially, I am still hurting. I did lose my home and my truck. I am in the process of filing bankruptcy so that has relieved most of that financial pressure. I am living in a tiny house that I found that at least has room enough for me and my son who I now get to see almost every day. I also did sell almost everything I ever owned including almost my entire horror collection that I have been collecting since I was a child. At least I was able to be picky on who I sold it to and I am confident that it all went to people who will enjoy adding it to their collections and not for someone who was going to resell it for profit. But, it was hard watching some of the stuff go, especially some of the one of a kind pieces that I had.

So, in general I am pulling myself up and getting back into a "Normal Life." I even am working on some plans to get myself back into the haunt industry. Not as an owner, but still involved on a professional level. That is the plan moving into 2014.

Once again I would like to apologize to anyone who I angered or upset a couple months ago with my posts. I never intended it to be a topic that would anger so many people. I wrote some things that in a normal state of mind (not on narcotics for pain) I would have never said. I hope you can all forgive me for that. I have so much love for this industry that I would never purposely do anything to hurt it or my reputation within it. To spite what others think, I still believe that this industry is like a large family. I still believe that we should all try to get along and help each other when we can. As always, I am here to give advice or share ideas to anyone who asks and I have been doing so this whole time without regret.

So, I hope this is all over with. I am very hopeful that 2013 will be one of the best haunt seasons in years and wish all haunt owners a great year full of fun and profits!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Keep it up Howie!

Howie, I for one am glad to hear everything is coming together for you. I had no idea that you were going through so much. Keep your chin high, everything works out in the end. The bankruptcy thing happens (been through it twice). Sometimes there are circumstances that leave us no choice.

Hope you are able to get back into haunting soon!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Thank you so much Travis!

Howie
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Good.......

Good to hear things are getting better that's what everyone was hoping for. Shane and it's keep your head up!
        sigpic

Comment

Good to hear Howie, keep your head up.
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Thanks Rob!

Comment

Good luck man!!!! Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
              X