What an fool... Naked Haunted House Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an fool... Naked Haunted House Offered

The President of the association which can you even call it that anymore Patrick Kopenliski (Shocktoberfest) or whatever his name is wants to be the spokesman of the industry then he goes and pulls a stunt like this... http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/0...red-challenge/

This is the most unreal thing I've ever heard in my life. He wants his customers to walk through naked ... this is crude on every single level! And this guy is suppose to be the spokesman of this association and he wants his customers to run around naked through his haunted house.

Is this guy desperate for business, PR or what... What is up with this guy?????

Do you think this guy should be the spokesman of ANY association with a stunt like this???

This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen, heard of and flat out makes haunted houses look like idiots in my opinion. And again in my opinion he's an idiot and the association of they have any level of respect for this industry they should dump this guy quick. This is absolutely the worst thing I've ever heard someone doing in a haunted house as a promotion! How does this make an event more scary, its like something some old desperate man would come up to look at young girls or something. I can't even think of a reason why anyone would do this! I wonder if this is even LEGAL ... that is the big question.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Naked!

I think I will try to get my customers to walk on there hands and if they make it to the end without falling they get there money back. NAKED!

Comment

This is a great idea and a genius piece of PR/Marketing.

-Tyler
      http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
      >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

Why not?

What's the big deal? If nothing else it got him free press right here on Haunt World by you writing about it and me reading the article.
        www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
        [Google+] [YouTube]
        [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

***No I agree with Larry , Pat's a fool for using the concept of a big TV show and using it as a PR Stunt. There's no way we should have a person IN OFFICE, of all places that thinks outside of the box or really has any kind of new ideas about anything. It just bad for the industry. This industry needs people in office that are steady and true, Come on people, you buying more radio or maybe letting us know just what size ad is the best in your local newspaper.

Pat you have shamed this whole industry trying something new and finding a new way to create buzz for your haunt, and it a sad day for us all.

Robert Dudzieck
          Fright Factory
          Philadelphia PA

***This post SARCASTIC !
          Last edited by Terrorknight; 09-19-2013, 07:57 AM.

Comment

This is disgraceful and sets us back with this trashy, Larry Flint like garbage. Apparently he's known for being a drunk and flirts with woman at the shows I'm being told, so this falls right in line with the low class persona he perfected I guess. People say its good PR, but you have a choice to get PR good or bad, why not doing something that's a royally good to get PR? Black eye for us all.

Jake

Comment

I don't understand why this is an issue. It doesn't appear to be sexual in nature, more about being vulnerable while naked.

What is the underlying logic regarding the disagreement with this? Is it philosophical?

Comment

One things for sure, there will be a long line of actors volunteering to work this haunt...
                http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I disagree , as long as your not putting costumers in danger any PR is good PR. We are haunts, we push the envelope, it's our job. People go to haunts to have a crazy on the edge outrageous experience that makes there blood pump, in a safe environment. Also not all haunts are the same, some are geared younger, some are geared older, and there are many styles. I hate haunted house that use Freddy or Jason and other movie characters like that, to me it's cheap and unoringinal, but I'm not going to come on here a bash people that do it.

People can have opinions, but I hate this agenda driven bullshit.

Robert Dudzieck
                  Fright Factory
                  Philadelphia PA

Comment

Really? Did someone say its not sexual it's just nudity? That's the most idiotic thing I've heard since this lame idea itself. People don't have sex with their clothes on very much. It's a perverts dream this is. But seriously, the real problem I see is have you seen the average American lately? It's not going to be a pretty sight but I guess if your goal is to see a bunch of naked people then it doesn't matter so much.

Probably he's getting his A** kicked in his market so he's desperate to make an impact. How sad.

DA

Comment

First off I'm going to say I find nothing wrong with the video I'm about to talk about, and if I built a spot for it I would us it.

This is to Larry and Jake ( Deathwing )

It is So outrages to have a PR stunt where loosely base on a TV show someone goes thru a haunt naked. This is disgusting , a black eye on the industry, trashy, crude and then to the point of calling out a person personally by saying ( I'm being told ) that a person gets drunk and hits on women.

But Larry makes a video where a Ice Cream truck clown has a young girl tied up and kidnapped as he drives thru the streets killing kids and then kills the kidnapped girl in the truck with him. And you think that is awesome and funny LOL,

You have an odd sliding scale there between what good and bad don't you.

Again I find nothing wrong with the video but I also find nothing wrong with the naked thing either.

Robert Dudzieck
                      Fright Factory
                      Philadelphia PA

Comment

Robert I'm confused. Your first post you were against the idea now you have no problem with it?

Jake

Comment

Nudity

I have always found it odd that in America we are so overly concerned about the human body being exposed. After all, "nude" was our natural state before we stumbled upon a fig tree and covered our junk with a leaf. If you look to Europe as a case study in public nudity (it's on regular TV for example) you will find that it has not turned their society into a bunch of sexual deviants - actually, there is far more of that in prudish America.

Odd to me how extreme violence, kidnapping, rape, gore, is far more acceptable than nudity to most here in America. I'm not making a stand here - just stating my observation. This is a topic that is not worth debating because people are so polarized in their beliefs. Just like you can't argue about religion, abortion, or gun control. Now don't even get me started on dead dogs!

Doug.
                          www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                          [Google+] [YouTube]

sigpic

Comment

@Deathwing

[MENTION=19784]Deathwing[/MENTION] ... Read Robert's post closely again. He was being facetious.
                            www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                            [Google+] [YouTube]

sigpic

Comment

seems my old gramps knew what to call a statement like that...

he used to tell me when i was young...

the mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye .......the more you pour upon on it.......the more it contracts..

the heading of this thread and statements within are hateful ...not becoming of an industry leader or any true christian

differences of opinions are just that...
                              in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                              www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X