Storage for masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage for masks

Hey guys, I am trying to figure out a way of storing masks other than in boxes, or hanging on a wall I do not have. I was thinking about some cases of some type that will fit wig heads. Any ideas?
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

I built a rolling rack out of pvc with the foam wig heads on it to hold the mask. It's nice because it rolls out of the way and I put a cheep clear drop cloth over it to keep the dust off.
    Phatman

Comment

That is what I did about 15 years ago when I still used mainly masks. I built a crate from scratch with folding doors on the front which locked. On the bottom it had heavy duty castors. It was approximately 6 foot tall and around 4 foot square. On the inside we were able to space out about 30 1" dowel rods facing upward at about a 30 degree angle. Most were secured to the back inside wall of the crate and the rest were mounted on the two front folding doors. We the placed foam heads on the dowels and were good to go.

It was fairly heavy but the castors helped to move it around and two strong guys could always move it anyhow. If it needs to be hauled any distances, a simple dolly will get it done. It cost around $50.00 at the time to create (now probably $80 or so) but at the end of each night you know if any are missing and you also know that at the end of the year you can pack them up safely. One other thing about it. It also left plenty of room to store some small props, a few costumes or anything else that was not too large to fit.

Hope that helped a bit,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

You guys are great with ideas!

Awesome Howie thanks. I like that idea. I currently have a rolling "salesman rack" for all the costumes which allows me to wheel costumes into makeup and wheel them out at the end of season for storage. I like the idea of a rolling mask cabinet. I think I will make some plans to fit in one of our trailers off season as well.
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

You've also got to consider the type of mask. Light, heat and air are the enemies of latex masks, and, while silicone is more durable if just left alone, keeping them in a cool dry dark place in the off season is probably a good idea as well

Comment

Jack is absolutely correct. I forgot to mention that. I always assume that everyone has indoor year round locations because I have had that privilege for many years now. Yes, different mask require different things as mentioned. I would never store a $600 to $900 silicone mask in a box!
            1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Working...
            X