Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goretorium (I found some very reveling information!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goretorium (I found some very reveling information!)

So I recently paid a visit to the Goretorium in Las Vegas (which filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy). I do not think it would make sense for me to write a detailed review, as the Goretorium is not currently running in the way that the creators have planned. For example, when I visited there were only around 6 actors in the whole show (which apparently was built for 40-60 actors). I must point out, however, that those actors did a great job making the best of the situation.

Of course I was rooting for the Goretorium to become a success but (like most of you) I questioned its year-round business model and pricing strategy. After visiting, I did some research to get a better understanding of Goretorium's business model. I found this interesting document that I wanted to share with you all (Start on page 32. Open the link and do a search for "Goretorium"): http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...n159_fwpx3.htm

Here are a few key parts of the document:

On page 40 and 41 there are some great pictures of the building and the floor plan of Harmon Corner (you can see how much space Goretorium takes up!)

Heres a quote: "Eli Roth’s Goretorium (14,799 sq. ft., 22.1% of NRA, 15.2% of U/W Base Rent) Eli Roth’s Goretorium (“Goretorium”) is a live, self-guided horror experience created by Eli Roth, an American film director, producer, writer and actor. Goretorium consists of more than 20 rooms with different displays and ends with a drinks lounge featuring outdoor space overlooking the Las Vegas Strip. Goretorium opened October 1, 2012. According to the Harmon Corner Sponsors, Goretorium has invested approximately $8 million ($541 PSF) to build out its space. Goretorium has a lease expiration date of September 30, 2022 and two five-year renewal options."

Unfortunately, it looks like the Goretorium was always destined to have financial problems. Even on paper the Goretorium's business model does not seem to make financial sense. I wonder what would have happened if Eli Roth took the seasonal attraction route instead. From what I hear, Eli seems like a great guy. I wish him (and the Goretorium) much luck for this season.

$148,000.00 per month base rent.....

Ouch!
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

I think you are judging a biz model comparable to standard haunt. You're missing the fact and calculation it is a Las Vegas property. When I set up I had over a million people in October alone brought within a few feet of my haunt. The problem is getting them to chose you over a hundred other competing mega shows.

Comment

It's official, they're closing October 2nd.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdelu...2-after-one-y/
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I'm sorry but the haunted house industry can't support 148k per month, and a note of 8 million in debt just can't happen... no way! They are closing for good after Halloween... just milk this thing through Halloween and its gone.

I wanted to get out to see it as well... thanks for the info!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

i like the quote, "on the third floor of a walgreens with no parking" lol well when you put it that way....

now can they host the sale here?? i could use some eye candy, someone get them on that auction site that the other haunt used haha (no but really....)

Comment

Today

I just saw today, they are saying the last day is today that they are open. Not even open through halloween, Shame

Kale

Comment

Who is going to the auction as everyone predicted months ago.... Lol. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

auction

Count me out, nothing worth having

Kale

Comment

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdelu...2-after-one-y/

I think someone already posted this but... from reading it looks like there will be an auction soon maybe right after Halloween. If this is the case I think I'll go!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Well then how is the darkness still open ??????

Same size building and only open 2 months, right ????? The vegas gig is year round , correct ???? Please explain..........thank you !!!

Comment

When The Darkness is open September and October it's making lots of money because this is the time of the year when most people visit haunts. During the rest of the year they don't have to pay makeup artists, actors, security etc like they do during the haunt season. They also aren't using much electric compared to the haunt season because the haunt isn't operational. Plus the rent is a lot cheaper in St. Louis vs Las Vegas. I'm guessing Larry owns the building. You factor that all in and it's much much much cheaper than having a year round haunt on the Vegas Strip. A seasonal haunt is much cheaper to run than a year round haunt for obvious reasons.
                        Spooky Wishes
                        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Pumpkin View Post
                          When The Darkness is open September and October it's making lots of money because this is the time of the year when most people visit haunts. During the rest of the year they don't have to pay makeup artists, actors, security etc like they do during the haunt season. They also aren't using much electric compared to the haunt season because the haunt isn't operational. Plus the rent is a lot cheaper in St. Louis vs Las Vegas. I'm guessing Larry owns the building. You factor that all in and it's much much much cheaper than having a year round haunt on the Vegas Strip. A seasonal haunt is much cheaper to run than a year round haunt for obvious reasons.
                          Also a lot more is run out of that building, Black Light Mini Golf, HPI and I'm sure any side work prop building ect.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                          X