Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for people to back my project on building a haunted house for my community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for people to back my project on building a haunted house for my community

All my life I have loved horror movies and haunted houses ,and also Halloween. I have always enjoyed going to haunted houses and getting dressed up for Halloween when I was a kid. I'm a big believer in having a hobby that you love doing. For the longest time I have wanted to put together a a haunted house for everyone in my community. Im trying to find people that would be willing to back my project on opening up Flour Bluffs first haunted house for the community. The link is at the bottum of the page so you can look at the project. I also plan on having canned food drives and raising money for the local laguna little league baseball with some of the money that I raise at the haunted house.I have been in contact with a owner of a haunted house that is looking into selling his two haunted house and all his props. I have the location for the haunted house I just need the supplies for run the haunted house. I plan on opening the haunted house to the community on October 18th,19th, 20th,25th,26th,27th,28th,29th,30th,31th, and the 1st of November. We will be open from 7pm to 12pm every night. If you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will be willing to answer anything you need to know.

The Devil's Playground Haunted House by Norman Gresham http://kck.st/1aoyOTs via @kickstarter

Have a business Plan?
    http://limbohaunt.com
    Twitter: @LimboHaunt

Comment

Yugh. How about someone who says:

"I've been building my own animatronics for years"

"I have a 97 page business plan detailing every room throughout the haunt as well as operations manuals I've been writing for years"

"I have studied human behavior and marketing systems, and have a firm grasp of business decisions that will benefit my business"

"I've been working for many other haunted houses throughout the years doing scene and set design, lighting, sound, and detailing"

"I have a great idea that no one else in the area is doing and I firmly believe I can do it before anyone else"

Everyone wants free handouts without doing years upon years of hard work and dedication to other haunts first.

The "love" of a haunted house you visited isn't enough.

Be prepared for 18 hour days, heartache, weight loss, friendships being tested, and a slew of other things that lead to the eventual possibility that you may succeed.

And you want to do this THIS year?!?! Or next??

Because this year is out. Period, unless you have no job, shitloads of money, and plenty of time to give in to this.

Cut your losses, save the embarrassment, go partner with a firehouse doing black plastic and latex props, and start planning for NEXT season starting November 1.

Sorry to be blunt, but many are thinking it.

Comment

Building a Haunt

Hey Nightmare, You may be right, there may be many thinking it. This guy was just trying to tell people what he wanted to do and see if there was some help out there. He wasn't looking for some rude,unprofessional inconsiderate horses ass to belittle, humiliate and demean him and his idea. I'm sure he came onto the site where everything is about Halloween thinking he would at the minimum actually get some professional advice. He didn't. He got a jerk. You make everyone in the industry look bad.
        Last edited by extreme evil; 09-26-2013, 05:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hey EXTREME:

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ad.php?t=20722

Guess we're all evil and terrible persons on this post eh????

Comment

And he didn't ASK for advice, he came on here looking for handouts like everyone else. No one wants to WORK for what they get, they want to setup shop, get free money, and hope it pans out.

Guys looking for handouts and banks too willing to do so is what caused our economic debacle in 2007/8.

I would have thought as "retired military" you would understand the value of working hard for what you have to doing things the right way, even if it means taking a long time to get there.

Good day to you sir.

Comment

Handouts

I do know the value of hard work. No I don't think everyone involved is wrong. I think you could've handled it in a more professional manner. I have my own haunt, I started with a pumpkin and now it's a nightmare. I understand what you're saying and I don't disagree with you. I do know that when I first started if someone had treated me the you just did him I might not have gotten into in just because I was treated that way in front of everyone on the number one Halloween website.

Comment

Then guess what?! He doesn't DESERVE to be in this industry. It isn't rainbows and butterflies sir. Never has been. People are assholes. Period. And I am HONEST. If that makes me an asshole, then so be it. But people don't understand how much hard work and time it takes to do what this joker wants to do in 3 weeks! And if he DID SUCCEED it would be a DISGRACE to your haunt and others. Black plastic and black plywood walls don't constitute a haunt, and taking money from people, advertising that it's an amazing haunt, then ripping them off with a terrible show will make those same people LEERY of YOUR haunt when you advertise as being just as scary and just as good of a show.

Turns out, you may have an amazing show!!! But jokers like this guy will give ALL haunts a bad name. Let me tell you: if me being honest has run this guy off? GOOD. That means he doesn't have the passion, the determination, or the WILL to succeed, and certainly doesn't deserve to be in this industry, or any for that matter.

Sorry you took it any other way.

Comment

We are a little tough on people that come on here as newbies that think that this is the place for hand outs. I just checked out his profile picture and he is a young man and just did not know how to go about starting a haunt. My best advice to him is to go work for someone else to see what it takes for a year or two. There are guys on here that have been rough on people that are new to the forum and I know I have been one of those. The truth is if you don't have thick skin you should not be in this business, but we may go over board some times. Some of us are not haunt enthusiast but rather extremist and take it very personal. I think this is a place for a moderator to step in and remove the extra post and contact the person to tell them where they went wrong. I know that it bothered me he posted the same thread 11 different places and they should have been removed, but the moderators are busy at haunts right now so that did not happen. Good luck to all Hauntworld newbies the sharks are out.
                  Phatman

Comment

Don't underestimate passion. Ive put up a 30K SF Haunt in three weeks and that was my first pro one. The building had its own atmosphere. Got great reviews even though I thought it sucked and about killed me. That was 4 years ago... the hotel actually called me last month cause no one has been able to duplicate that show... I was like I live in Japan now so no thanks... hell no ! Because I wouldn't put myself through that short time period of preparation for a big event again. Plus Im attempting to close on a property now for next year. That was an experience I learned the most from in the haunt world more then these boards or making animatronics could ever teach me. People need to fail a little or a lot to succeed... thats how they DESERVE to be in this industry. There is no one right way to do this... and no one can make your show look bad but yourself. Burger King has no impact on
                    Gordon Ramsay Steak House. Im down this year and Im trying to help my bud get his show up this week... just got a spot with its own traffic...late to the game but in it.
                    Yeah its bothersome when someone duplicates posts in all the threads but honestly I like his passion... if he gets past the ankle biters and learns to fail he could be a legend down the road. Never ever discount anyone!

Comment

Point taken.

I simply have a personal issue with people who "love going to scary movies and such" but have no experience or concept of the industry.

It's much more promising and possibly would even elicit money from me if it was "I've been working at haunts for a few years and I'm ready to take the plunge." Type of a feeling ya know?

Comment

Butch, check your PM. I just sent you a message...

Kelly
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                        X