HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Some Ruiners (for the rest of us)

1. Default Some Ruiners (for the rest of us) 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Before posting here I looked through recent posts,.. I saw nothing mentioned concerning the haunt worker here in Illinois who was arrested, booked, mug-shot after he was said to have been saying lewd things to customers passing before him and poking them with a chainsaw.
    The article didn't say if the poking was sexual in nature, maybe it was not.. but someone took it that way?

An hour ago as I was paying for a sandwich, the clerk began talking about "Haunted Houses". When a teenager she was in a JC haunt , not in Illinois, but close by, as she walked through a dark passage someone bit her on the back of her leg!
    Her Mother called the Police. The bite did become infected.
    I wonder if Jeff Dahmer was ever in the JCs?
    John Wayne Gacy was and was even the state winner of the Illinois and Iowa JC awards for the "Man-Of-The Year" recognition.

2. Default  
    (in the voice of Peter Griffin).... Soomeeetimes... Jim, I don't.. believe I, know you.

Out of your typical posts I can't tell if you're even serious on this one, though the writing tone seems serious.

There will always be "Bullsh1t" like this. However, now days there is NO FREAKING EXCUSE! Haunt owners have every ability to background check their employees / volunteers / actors.
    When I start advertising for volunteer actors at our haunt this year, I will state to them "We need to become friends on facebook...like.. right now, so I can do a personal background check" If they refuse, I'm going to send them packing. Reason being, if we wait, that gives them time to hide anything they want to. If they refuse, I'm just going to assume they're not good for dealing with people.

I have seen many actors get hired in for haunts and different charity events and attractions and let me tell you, it always seemed like just a moment away from cops being called, or an ambulance or something. People always harassing others, patrons etc. Doing stupid $hit with dangerous tools, you name it. Why? Because the authoritative figures aren't always around. And MORONS ALWAYS be themselves when "the boss isn't around"

All I can say is there is no excuse for haunters to have so much trouble. They can do all kinds of background checks, even legally for a few bucks to make sure they're not hiring felons, sex offenders etc. No, not all offenders, morons and idiots have a previous record, but it helps, no doubt.

3. Default  
    Wasn't that this past October? Did this happen again?

Thread Information