HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Need advice on how to act possessed for this year's haunt season

1. Default Need advice on how to act possessed for this year's haunt season 
    This is my third year as a scare actor in a haunt and this year I am portraying a sick possessed girl. I've done a bunch of research to try and at least find some behaviors I can mimick or some kind of tag line but I can't find anything. If you genius' could help me out I'd be forever happy. Please and thank you! :]

2. Default  
    Greenwich, CT
    Some quick possession tips off the top of my head:

• Speak in multiple voices/tones/accents/volumes. Don't be erradic, but maybe show the demon speaking as the girl, and the demon speaking as the demon.
    • Create controlled chaos in your movement. bring your energy from 1 to 10 then 0 followed by an 11 that slaps people in the face! The trick here is to seem unnatural, like… (bum bum baaaaa) a demon is in control.
    • Think of interesting twitches, adopt one, and then take it over the top. Clicking your teeth, playing with your hair, twirling your tongue in moments of silence, a wrist or finger that seems to be unable to rest… Don't take all of them, just pick something to carry as an underlying note of demonic creepiness.
    • If language isn't an issue, the demonicly possesed tend to have a touch of poetic potty mouth syndrome. Put some curse words together with begnign phrases and say it with conviction. Thats IF you can get away with it.

I might be able to think of some others but this is just what came to mind

Hope it helps.

3. Default  
    Thank you so so so so much I really appreciate it!!

4. Default  
    OOH I LOVE ACTING POSESSED! My friends got this weird "ghost finder" app on their phone and it said there was a ghost directly on me then they thought I was possessed so I acted possessed it was fun. I just threw a spasm and smiled at them and started screaming "it burns it burns!" Like from Exorcist. That movies scary.

Thread Information