Numbers up or down for 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbers up or down for 2013?

Some haunts started as early as the 13th and a lot opened this weekend, what are the numbers looking like in comparison to 2012? Hope everyone has a great season, I always enjoy hearing how things go early in the season around the country.

Heard from a cooperative;

Scuttlebutt coming at me through grapevine is "down" for same week as last year even with good weather this year. This was from a haunt in Michigan that puts together a small publication of about 20 haunts. We are holding good though after 3 weekends of maze and our 2 nights of haunt. But had rain Sunday morning Sept 29th and our corn maze attendance today at opening is way below what good weather would be.

At least this year the news media din't drive "short corn this year" into peoples heads. Tired of hearing "oh you have tall corn this year" to which we answer "we had 10 foot tall corn last year." Now as long as we do not have another I-96 shooter with swat teams all over and cop helicopters buzzing us this year i think we will be ok.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Numbers

So far, we are right about the same as last year, but both are still down a good bit from 2011.....anybody else have any numbers to share?

Comment

Down from last year and last year was down from 2011 as you said... I think price has become a major factor now. I'm adjusting right now ... I'm always learning about trends and when faced with serious issues you have to be willing and able to quickly change things up. That is what I'm doing. I think the entire haunted industry is overpriced and we've reached the limit of what is realistic... I'm making adjustments. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We did about three times as much this past weekend than we did the same time last year .

Comment

I've been to 7 haunts so far and each owner has said that their numbers are slightly up from last year and most of them have said that the numbers are much better for this early in the season. We've had great weather so far and this weekend is looking good too...
            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I have made 17 haunts and most have said that they were up a little and one was up by 25% its opening weekend and it was a established haunt that you would not expect large fluctuation in attendance.
              Phatman

Comment

So far pretty good in Ohio

Last weekend was our opening weekend for the ScareAtorium in our new location. We were up about 20% over last year. I was concerned because the Ohio State Buckeyes were playing a night game on Saturday, but we still did pretty good. We’ve been fortunate our PR has been paying off early this year; we’ve had 2 entertainment newspapers/magazines feature our haunt and the local newspaper did a front cover story with a picture too.

This week we had two TV stations at the haunt and we have another appearance scheduled for this Sunday morning. Also the ABC station set up a night vision camera in our of our scenes and they’ll be streaming live from our haunt all month. It really helps because they usually talk about it every night during the weekend evening news.

Now if we could just get our government to open for business, then I think we’ll all do great!

Kelly Collins
                The ScareAtorium Columbus, Ohio

Comment

Reservations calendar UP for next 3 weeks..

Last weekend weather was THE driving force...but hey the lightning show in the skys was awsome!
                  We raised our haunt from $10 to $15 this year. Ok we were underpriced for many years still making money. We are known widely and the price change doesn't seem to be hurting. Now; I do not intend to make a living off the haunt.
                  Wicked Farmer
                  Last edited by wickedfarmer; 10-10-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Started with best our best opening weekend in 5 years. This is the second year in the new locations, so that hurdle is clearly over.
                    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
                    Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
                    2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

I am praying weather is good to us....we really need it!

But so far, we're just over double last years numbers. Keep in mind this is only the second year were open as this haunt and at this location, so that's almost a given. But there's no real money until next weekend anyway, that'll be our true deciding factor.

Comment

We've been up every night so far about 40-45%! Hope this continues all season!

Comment

Phatman is bad voo-doo for haunts!

Do not let this guy come to your haunt! He is bad voo-doo! We were rocking with cars puling in last night and about to go into our overflow parking...then Phatman showed up. As we stood there shooting the breeze I was thinking... "wow..the Tigers game at 8:07 pm must have really hit us because traffic slowed way down pulling in...damn Tigers! Well come to find out there was a bad accident 1 mile away at our Interstate 96 interchange and no cars were allowed to exit for several hours. And it happened just as phatman was showing up! So you all have been warned....KEEP HIM AWAY!

Wicked Farmer

(Sorry Phatman couldn't resist)

Comment

We are up

Just opened last night, had the biggest ever for our non-profit haunt, today started out good too, hope to continue this way

Comment

Saturday was great and so was Sunday... prior to those two days everything has been down. So its nice to go UP for a change. Sunday was awesome over double that of last year. Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X