Distortions gargoyle for sale $4,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortions gargoyle for sale $4,000

I have a Distortions Gargoyle for sale. It is in excellent shape. I only use it as a static prop in my indoor haunt because there is no room to animate it so there is no stress on the neck area. Asking $4,000 or best reasonable offer. Local pickup only Salem, MA (unless you want to travel) as I do not have time to get it palletized and shipped.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kenmen30; 10-02-2013, 06:28 PM.

I think you need to drop that price in half ... that is a very old piece but the value is probably half of what you are asking used. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry is correct

The price is steep for a used animatronic.

Comment

I figured this was posted asking $3,000

DSC02529.JPG

I figured since this was posted asking $3,000 with the John Denley voiceover back in January; the Gargoyle is much more prop than this VP one and it is only four years old, not 10+ years old. I think half the asking price is too much of a reduction. But that is only my humble opinion.

Comment

Hey FYI... that animation cost a lot more its two multi motion animations in one. It also includes a turntable that changes the animations around. That has nothing to do with that animation you have there doesn't do much... you don't need to get personal I was trying to help you. That is an old animation its big but it doesn't do much... I'm thinking if you try to sell it for like 2500 you might get a taker. I was trying to help you! Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

If in good shape..

I normally post for 2/3 of new price. If I cant sell one of my props for at least 2/3...I dont sell it. The economics for me say to just sideline it for a year and rotate stuff. But I have large barns and storage is no problem.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Funny thing...

Posting things before transworld are hit & miss. Seems like haunt buyers are like the racoons in my corn field. Afraid of committing to something good because they might miss out on that cool prop that just knocks their socks off with excitement at the show. Racoons take a bite out of one ear...never finish and are looking at that next ear on the stalk down the row. But two weeks after transworld...the calls start coming on old posts I had. Humans are a funny species. We let that raccoon like fear of missing out on the next one from committing to what is right in front of us. Smart buyer would snatch a bargain....and if you blow your cash alottment for the year on several used props and can't buy that new one at Transworld SO WHAT!!! It will be available next year....or you can snag it 1-2 years old from someone at a huge savings. I HAVE NEVER NEVER NEVER heard one of my customers say "Oh...they got that used from Haunt Bloody Floors at 2/3 price....so it is only 2/3 cool.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Thanks for the help

But $4,000 is a fair starting point for this piece as it is a special edition piece especially made for the gameshow "The Price is Right" and I would entertain fair counter offers. Distortions will back that up. I know your piece Larry and what is cost new. VP made excellent props. But the fact remains that that piece was probably made in 1995 and is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it...as is mine. If mine doesn't move quickly, I would lower the price or just keep it. I don't find it helpful for people to express opinions about their interpretation on the value of items without knowing all about that item as it may deter others from making offers.

It least that is my humble opinion...

Comment

That gargoyle is one of my all time favorite pieces, a true classic. I'd want a pair of them though.

Allan

Comment

Couple things... one I agree with maybe I shouldn't post a value. However you are putting it out there and yes people are going to post what they would offer and or simply email you get both. So its not totally out of line because it happens on almost ever item but I get you... Now to the value no its not worth 4k not even close. I'm thinking if you asked 2k you might find a buyer.... maybe. But you are right everything is worth what someone is willing to pay. You got me there 110%. I also agree with Allen that would be better with a pair rather than one... I agree on that one as well. As for the VP stuff... what VP sold that stuff for back 15 years ago and what its worth today is two different things. Its a multi motion animation and honestly hardly no one makes them anymore... and I mean no one unless you want to talk 20k plus. So I think they have a bit more value. But again you are right in what you said. Here is my rule of thumb selling stuff and I've been successful... sell stuff for what you really want not a starting price work down. Put a price out there and say this is it take it or leave it... you'll get 15 people crawling on you to buy it rather than sit around and field no offers. Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Sent a PM...
                      Kirk Boemmel
                      Dark Ghost Manor
                      www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the original poster?
                        Thanks...
                        Kirk Boemmel
                        Dark Ghost Manor
                        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X