Clear All

• Top 10 horror films

Okay lets see your top 10 horror films.

Not in any particular order.
    1. The Shining
    2. Silent hill
    3. Silence of the lambs
    4. 28 days later
    5. Halloween (Original) Although I did really like Rob Zombies version.
    6. Nightmare on elm street
    7. The Omen
    8. Alien
    9. The Ring
    10. The cabin in the woods
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

WAAAAY to many to list, let alone narrow down to 10.

As I get older my ability to appreciate things for what they are increases- I guess I'm just getting soft and easy...

Anyway, in my time, and as far as I can tell previously, there has never been such an impact on movie fans as Alien when it came out.

My first and only real Horror Love Affair.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Exorcist #1
      Halloween #2

Comment

As for Halloween Movies go- my favorite is Trick 'r Treat.

It is pure Halloween Spirit! Makes me smile for days every time I watch it.

They've been kicking around a sequel for years- I hope they don't. Some things just can't be improved upon.

How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

I agree... Trick r treat is a great movie! I'm a big fan of physco, It, halloween, hellraiser, nightmare on elm street 1, poltergeist, omen, and on and on........!!!! I really liked a movie not a lot of people have seen called "may", if you haven't seen it check it out. Not the best movie but the girl is creepy as hell!

Comment

I'm shocked that anyone liked Trick r Treat, it was horrible. It felt very low budget and the producers knew it was a failure because it kept getting pushed back more and more until they finally released it in limited theaters. The Sam guy looked cool but it was far from a great movie on the likes of all the others mentioned so far.

Jake

Comment

Actually not surprised you said that.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Anything hammer horror dracula ( with christopher lee) of course!

Comment

Hammer Films are awesome! My favorite is The Devil Rides Out, with Mr. Lee of course.

Just try and find a copy that doesn't cost you more than 20 or 30 bucks! Sheesh, you can by last years top movies for $5 in the walmart bin....

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Love the old Dracula stuff.

American werewolf in London was great.

Trick r treat was a disastrous flop, some people may like it but can it really be in anyone's top 100 list? Small cult following at best.

DA

Comment

Nothing like the classic ones.... but far as the new horror movies go I think the insidious movies was really good

Comment

Which one could be real

Out of all the movies mentioned, only Alien could be for real. A freighter being hailed by a distress signal and then the story begins. The follow ups to Alien just sucked though. Especially Predator vs Alien. In the first movie the creature was just about indestructible, then in the follow ups it got killed rather easily.

I know this sound weird, but when I was a little kid, Rodan scared the crap out of me, wouldn't go out of the house for days, all the while staring up at the sky

Ron Ortiz
                        Moss4U

Comment

No particular order.

Original Halloween
                          Original Exorcist
                          The Shining
                          Original Alien
                          Original Psycho
                          Original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
                          Original Night of the Living Dead
                          1931 Dracula
                          Original Evil Dead
                          Original A nightmare on Elm Street

Honorable mentions:

1931 Frankenstein
                          Rosemary's Baby
                          Original King Kong
                          The Birds
                          Dawn of the Dead
                          Suspiria
                          Friday the 13th
                          Jaws
                          Zombie
                          Hellraiser

Just my opinion,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

You should make a list of 10 horror movies that influenced the haunt industry... but my favs would be exorcist, lady lemora supernatural vampire tale, Halloween, texas chainsaw 2, evil dead 2, I like some of the new movies like sinister, conjuring, the first insidious not the second one. Trilogy of Terror, Creepshow, heck there are many. Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                            X