Shootings @ the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shootings @ the Capitol

By now you all heard about the shootings on Friday in front of the Capital. It happened around 2pm less than 2 miles from Gravensteen haunted house. I was busy working while it was going on but later, at 4 pm I had to leave. Talk about traffic congestion! I nearly drove for 2 hours that day. Our facebook suddenly showed people talking about not showing up because of this shooting. Naturally, for a fist ever haunt in DC, we panic. But fortunately, yesterday was our busiest day so far and we had a great time. We had screams that could be heard from outside so it would seem the shootings didn't stop anyone from wanting to be scared. Additionally, yesterday afternoon, a man set himself on fire at the mall in downtown DC. People still came. What does that tell you about people here in DC?

www.gravensteen.net
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

The place makes my skin crawl

Just visiting my cousin in House Appropriations is mind numbing. Gee all we have to deal with is a shooter taking pot shots at cars all last fall and cops in helicopters circling us for several weekends. Well that and shell casings found 1/2 mile away as the crow flies.

Wicked farmer

Comment

There are lots of shootings in DC, but what makes that one so unusual is that all the shots came from police... The woman they were chasing and shot had no gun. Now that's gotta be one for the books.
      www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood. Get used to shootings around here.

Allan

Comment

Didn't a guy set himself on fire there as well? you have a lot of nutty things going on there right now because of the government shutdown... there are more people in the US working for the government there than anywhere else. That is going to be an issue for you... hey I've got the Cardinals so we are both in a bad spot. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
          X