Some anonymous "Vandal!"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some anonymous "Vandal!"?

This happened maybe 15 years ago right here in my house, I might have known about it at the time but toally forgot until today.
    I was ripping out my upstairs maze,"This hallway is haunted, haunted by a $17.00 tape recorder, made in China!", and I discovered that "someone" almost exclusively equally used nails and screws to build with and most of these nails and screws are all 3 inches long!
    What vandal did this?
    Talk about work! Yee Gads! (It wasn't "going anywhere").
    On the positive side it never had to be reapaired!
    A three inch screw REALLY holds a piece of 3/8 plywood to a 2 by 4! (as does a three inch nail!)
    My new room will be an 1880 bedroom, I will then have at least one room in my house that fits the style and age of the house, how about that?
    I'm not going to build external display boxes of the two windows in this time so natural light will be entering the room. The vines outside the window moving in the wind, making patterns on the wall will be just like the night my son told me there was "A Lady was standing behind me in the corner of his bedroom 30-some years ago.
    Of course that one window was where two local women saw a youngman there late one night wearing an old-fashioned suit , waving to them!
    Yes, it's a Haunted House.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Damn those vandals! We have those too. Someone (I'm not gonna name names) used both SQUARE head and TORX head screws at our haunt! The square heads are garbage, so we have to cut them out with the recip. saw...

-- I
    -------------------------------
    http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

The first torqs screws I bought around here were made in Canada and were very sharp, semi-lubed and went into the wood so fast that you couldn't release the drill trigger fast enough to leave the screw where you needed it to be , depth-wise!
      Now they are all made somewhere else and don't have these supurlative features any longer.
      A local lumber guy had his 12 yr. old sone with him at a trade show where they had the kid bury a large torqs screw all the way through a log using a 12volt battery drill as a demonstration.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
      X