Need audio advice for a non-profit haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need audio advice for a non-profit haunt

Hello, my name is Terrance and I am a member of a non-profit group that holds a haunted house each year to raise money to support the local youth. We are looking to upgrade our audio effects system from an ipod and a home theater system with extra speakers spliced in. We have about $1000 to spend and we would like something that can play 3 or 4 different tracks in different locations at the same time. I really don't know where to start with all of this so any advice would be great, thanks!

These have the power of a small guitar amp and can operate via AC cable or on a charred battery for about 6 hours. Just put your audio on a flash drive and pop it in. They run around $100 each. The sound quality isn't the greatest, but they're great for getting audio in multiple locations on a low budget. -J
    http://www.podiumproaudio.com/guitar...espeakers.html

Comment

Most stereos are just that stereo" two channels, R & L" if you record two different sounds on each of the tracks you can use one stereo device to archive one source with two different sounds one each channel. If you have the ability to record in 5.1 surround sound you can use a 5.1 surround sound system to get 5 different sounds out of a single device. Most people do not have the recording ability to take advantage of 5.1 surround so they opt for multiple stereo devices. If you can fin them, a small guitar amp and a CD player make a simple sound system that isn't that hard to hookup, or something like a boobox that has built in sound can be used with instead of a CD player. There are devices on the market that will play multiple sounds at once with separate outputs for each sound but you still need an amplifier to play the sounds over a speaker unless you decide to use powered speakers. Hope some of this helps.
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I have 9 of the battery amps by Podium and the work great out in the woods where you don want to run electricity to. They last 7 to 8 hrs. Very simple to use too.
        Phatman

Comment

Wav Runners and Factory Direct

I use a combination of the Podium Pro speakers with USB and Wav Runners from Haunt BOts. The Wav runners are great because as soon as you turn on power to the unit, it begins to play audio. No messing with play buttons. They do require amplified speakers though so that adds a little to cost. You can get one that is triggered for $130 and the speakers range from $100 to $150 from various sources (including FactoryDirect, which has an amplified speaker for less than $100).
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
          X