Looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice

I'm a new actor this year at Fear Overload located in NorCal in the Bay Area. I work what we call is the SlamBox a very dark closed space and I wait for patrons to walk past. What I do is slam down this piece of wood to reveal an opening and I scream out. A few times I have found it hard to scare some of the patrons, could someone give a bit of advice?
    ScareActor for Fear Overload 2013 (fearoverload.com)

Be fast

This is also known as a Drop Panel. I find the most effective way is to make it fast. Open quick, scream,, and close it fast. Dont linger trying to get a reaction. Even though some people dont seem to be scared many still are but just good at not showing it.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Keep in mind that even experienced actors have about 50-60% scare/not scare ratio at any given haunt on any given night.

One thing to consider is to not use cliche sayings like "Boo", or "Get out". Come up with some different sayings or comments. One of the most memorable drop panel actors I've ever seen was an actor that popped out and said "How YOU doin'!?!" It had me completely taken aback and I still remember him even though this happened in 2001.

If you can't be scary, be entertaining...
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Work on your timing, too soon or too late and the effect is reduced.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks guys

Thanks for the advice guys, I've since this post been moved to a different spot in the haunt and will be passing this advice to the guy working in that spot! :-D
          ScareActor for Fear Overload 2013 (fearoverload.com)

Comment

Working...
          X