Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need a really, really, REALLY cheap website/graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need a really, really, REALLY cheap website/graphics?

Well, do you? What would be the price range you would be willing to pay, that you consider dirt-cheap for graphics or a website? Just curious.
    http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Being a web developer myself I think you should do away with the intro. If you're gonna have a video demo reel, make it apart of your main page.

Three things many haunts could do better with is optimizing their websites/having a good web hosting company. A lot of them have huge images and sound files that load slowly. Yes more people have broadband but if it takes longer than a second to load it's too slow. Another thing is to use javascript and canvas instead of flash. Lastly, use "responsive design" so pages adjust to look their best on all screen sizes. These are also pointers you can apply to the work you do.

Best wishes.

Comment

Thanks for the advices, I really appreciate it.
      Intros are mostly up to customers, if they want one I give them one. Rather than a web developer, I am a graphic designer, illustrator and animator, therefore I try exploit and capitalize on these abilities. That's also why most of my designs are not responsive. Although I will be implementing reponsive design to the newest websites, it's hard without sacrificing looks. Since in a responsive design everything is movable you need to make a lot of cut-outs, CSS, tiled graphics, etc. and that adds to the production cost. Of course you can argue, I could just make it simple, but then again, that wouldn't be my style. As for flash, yes, I guess Flash is dead. Such a shame, I used to love to animate in that thing, now making animations in Javascript is way harder and they don't look half-as-good. Besides, the whole point of hiring me are the graphics, illustration and animations rather than the code, there are way better coders out there than me, but really few animators and illustrators that can do what I can do, most importantly, there are too few people who can do sound design+music composition+graphics+illustration+animation. At least I think that's my selling point.

But back to the original topic, I was asking what would people like to pay for a website or graphics that would be really cheap, other than free. I am just curious.

Comment

I love the intro keep it.

Your work is incredible !!!!!!!! Your site is incredible !!!!!! I will be purchasing (something) soon !!!!! All the best, you are a true artist, john haines

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by john haines View Post
          Your work is incredible !!!!!!!! Your site is incredible !!!!!! I will be purchasing (something) soon !!!!! All the best, you are a true artist, john haines
          Thanks! I do what I can! I love to stand out and improve over what I've done previously. I am glad people see that!
          Last edited by redcrowdesign; 10-19-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Armando has been my web designer for 7 years now. he goes above and beyond his pay to make sure customer is happy.

Comment

Working...
            X