It Hurts to alwasy be right but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Hurts to alwasy be right but...

I'm always right! LOL No actually I'm not right all the time but I was DEAD ON THE MONEY with this one... despite several haunters telling me I an idiot for predicting this well now its reported true exactly what I predicted. I said teens would abandon Facebook and it would end up being nothing but what your mom and dad would do... and in end I predicted facebook would be the new myspace.

You start facebook pages, you can live on facebook, you start facebook chat groups you can whatever you want but very few people see what you post, read what you say, and mostly you are talking to thin blue sky... move over facebook you are no longer #1 or #2 and soon you'll be the new myspace.

Read this quotes... The reports are a contrast, but not a contradiction to, Facebook's own statements on teen users. CEO Mark Zuckerberg has twice spoken publicly recently about whether teens are abandoning Facebook. In September, Zuckerberg said "coolness is done for us.

Here's Pew's money quote from a 14-year-old girl: “I got mine [Facebook account] around sixth grade. And I was really obsessed with it for a while. Then towards eighth grade, I kind of just -- once you get into Twitter, if you make a Twitter and an Instagram, then you'll just kind of forget about Facebook, is what I did.”

see this graph... and look at the fall of facebook original-53.jpg

Read this article ... http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebo...130357364.html

Let me just say this... the way things change so fast beepers to cell phones to basically a computer in your hand, from kodak to everything digital from myspace to facebook to ... yes facebook will be a thing of the past very soon. Don't put to much stock in this because its over!

That is how fast things change and once parents get bored of it then it really will be over... and for the record hauntworld.com send more traffic to my website 6 to 1 over facebook despite the fact that I have 62,000 friends for my haunt. Just saying...

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

BTW... since I started the new topic can someone share how to really promote your business via instagram do you just buy ads or what? My kids use this site every day not facebook or twitter in fact... just instagram. Does anyone have experience on this site??? Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

i agree fb is on the way out...but in the mean time i post away..

kids tell me twitter is the new fb..
      in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
      www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

My kids use Instagram as well! The way to promote your business on there is similar to Facebook. And Instagram uses the data from what the users do on Facebook and Instagram to decide what ads to show them. We have had an Instagram account and a Twitter account for a couple years now and I use Instagram to post most of our photos because I can have it show up on our Instagram, Twitter feed and Facebook wall at the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
        Stephen

The Twisted Forest
        www.thetwistedforest.com
        www.facebook.com/TheTwistedForest

Comment

Instagram information

Here is a link to some information Instagram has about advertising.

http://help.instagram.com/1415228085373580
          Stephen

The Twisted Forest
          www.thetwistedforest.com
          www.facebook.com/TheTwistedForest

Comment

I think if you start a thread about "always" being right you should at least spell "always" right, before tooting your own horn. Lol!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

I'll preface with the admission I don't even use Facebook myself - my wife does. I agree, so far the Internet has turned on a dime on services. So Facebook could disappear overnight to a better idea. However, the better idea hasn't arrived yet. And by arrive, I really mean being accepted by the masses. And by masses, I really mean grown-ups with money.

BUT just because kids aren't using it as kids, doesn't mean they will continue to not use it when they grow up. It could be that as they mature, grow up, go to college, they will have external pressures to rejoin Facebook. Again, that's assuming something better hasn't replaced it. If Facebook is still the dominate social network for grown-ups, then naturally, they may very well re-adopt it.... since that's where the other grown-ups are.

It's just a thought.

Comment

It's all about marketing...

I think that with the right marketing strategy Facebook can still be saved, they just need to steer it in the right direction.
                http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

I'm sorry........but I have to completely disagree with EVERYTHING EVERYONE IS SAYING *dramatic duh duh duhhhhn*

No but seriously, I don't necessarily think it's that teens are leaving Facebook for x,y,z or that parents are all that use Facebook now, I strongly believe that there's just too many options. Myspace died because it was around for too long, but then Facebook came and it was just Myspace or Facebook. Now if we fast forward to today, there's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine,Tumblr, Google+, etc, there's a multitude of options, and I think people are just joining whatever is more oriented towards their interests. Sure, our demographics sign up for a majority of the new sites as they come out, but most people end up settling on one or two to use more often than the others. Facebook is only still in the lead because just about everything is Facebook compatible, so people link everything back to their Facebook, and just check on one more than the other. Very few people in my friend circle actually don't use Facebook anymore, it's more, oh I use Facebook but only for this or only for that; or it's I prefer X over Facebook but I know X isn't really for everyone, so I use Facebook to stay in touch with people who don't really use X.

I know it's kind of hard to explain, but I hope I explained it well. It's all about the choices people have these days, there's so many social media sites that it's almost impossible to find one that pleases everybody.....so find what's most common to YOUR market, as it's probably different from OUR market, and then advertise via Facebook AND the other social networking site. Then again, if you talk haunt marketing, the best thing you can do is just GOOGLE "haunted houses in *INSERT YOUR STATE HERE*" and then advertise with the top listings that pop up in that....I don't think advertising (outside of free fan pages/business accounts) on social media is ever a good idea, it raises your customer acquisition cost wayyyy too high. I'd rather take a billboard on a busy highway and guarantee my exposure to 500,000+ cars/week than pay $0.23/click/person lol. Search engine results are your best affordable bet, but physical signage is always a major plus. Let the people view your site before friending you on social media, or better yet, encourage the people you see leaving and looking extremely satisfied to like you and kindly ask them to leave their feedback on your social media page(s). There's nothing wrong with that! Then as new customers see the positive reviews you encouraged your happy customers to leave, they in turn come and have a good time!

Comment

My kids don't use FB at all

I have a son in jr. high and a daughter in high school. They both say FB is dead to their age group, they never use it. Instagram seems to be the flavor of the month.

Doug.
                    www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                    [Google+] [YouTube]
                    [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

All zombies...

Who knows what they will be on next year. But guaranteed they will be walking around like zombies with head down and fingers hitting keys on their gadgets.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I don't use Instagram to promote a product, but I do use it to sell products (non haunt related) and have been fairly successful for the small amount of energy I put into it. There are actually tons of people out there using it as a marketplace to meet up with buyers. I follow a few haunt related companies, but they seem to post very sporadically & are typically just a shot of an actor or something like that, with no real promotion behind it.
                        As far as I know, ads on IG are still rolling out & aren't publicly in people's feeds yet.

Things that I've seen others do that seem help: post relevant & interesting content, use relevant tags in your posts (a lot of people don't for some reason), find user posts that use the same tags as you & like their photos, find & follow people in your area that are in the demo you are after (there's not really a way to narrow results by location though). I've seen many brands also have contests where they create an image & ask them to repost it with a specific tag like #nameofyourhauntedhousecontent for free tickets/another prize. Users then repost the image to their entire feed which gets you exposure to their entire follower list.

Comment

Now this is a great discussion and I hope it continues... and for the record I know some say I think I know it all or I think I'm always right so the topic header is a joke against myself just FYI! I hope it grabbed your attention and we can have a healthy discussion about what in the social media world actually works.

Here is a post I put out to some friends today...

Twitter is a waste of time because unless you can get people to follow your tweets and that is next to impossible to do then it’s a waste... you take Scarehouse for example someone who has maximized the potential of Twitter more so than anyone else in the industry and he can't get followers either. . He’s made 14,896 tweets now lets compare that to Netherworld only making 214 Tweets big difference... Scarehouse only has 487 following and 4676 Followers. Netheworld has 1900 something followers and only 200 or so following. Isn’t it a waste of time to to post to twitter 14,000 plus times and all you get for it is that low number of following? It shows no matter how much time and energy you put into something it really doesn’t pay you back for the effort you put into it. FYI... the point here is that even when you do EVERYTHING RIGHT as Scarehouse has done you can't get followers like a High School Basketball Player to a Pro Football Player.

With Twitter I can show you 200 examples of a high school basketball player who has 50 times more following him because sports fans want to know or get clues where he might decide to play basketball same with football. His tweets are followed by colleges sites who recruit him they join his twtter to encourage him to come to whatever school.

Twitter is the way sports stars or celebs communicate with the media... nothing more. Twitter is 110% more useless than Facebook because unless you are a sports star or movie/tv star no one follows you. Twitter might also be seen as a new fad because that is all the sports stars and celebs that I mention use now... its all that the news talks about or ESPN talks about.

If a celeb or sports star wants to apologize they use twitter if they stir the pot its through twitter... twitter is the only thing people talk about. But I think kids now only care about instagram.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

When it comes to social media now most of it is connected so you can post across all at once. Twitter, facebook, tumblr, wordpress, and pintrest. Utilize it all.
                            Proud to be able to work at
                            http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Its hard to do what you suggested because it gobbles up a lot of time... rather than working on your haunt, working at your haunt, or doing interviews, or even making new youtube videos you are posting away 50 times a day to these things and you really don't know if anyone cares or is actually reading what you say.

To spend that kind of time on social media you need to know it works... twitter does NOT work at all not even a little for a haunted house. Facebook works on a limited level but if falling... there are so many out there and new ones everyday. Its becoming like your life is consumed by it...

I'll throw out an interesting idea I had...

The St Cardinals in the World Series, The Rams playing on Monday football there are 30,000 cars and 100,000 people 2 miles from my haunt... instead of screwing around with all this stupid social media stuff, I could have had flyers and an army of people to do it the old fashion way. I could have put my time and money into some kind of cool promotional vehicle that grabs attention and hand out flyers. For the money you spend with facebook or time you spend you could actually attend parades, fairs, and sporting events in force!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X