Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding a new haunt in North Carolina

Hey Kids,
    Been a little while since iv"e been on as life has taken a turn. Work in Illinois constructionwise has come to a screaming hault,my wife and I both work in the construction industry and the pay checks have been getting smaller and smaller every week.

So we decided that after spending our whole lives in Illinois working our butts into the ground to just get layed off and loose everything, that we would like to try life in a different area.

She has a sister in North Carolina and her husband has been in Iraq fighting the war for over a year now,he is due to come home for a few weeks in July but is to immediatley shipped back for another year. So we are moving down to help each other out.

We are going to settle in a town just 45 minutes south of Raleigh Durham.

I did do a haunt search on this site and a few nice looking haunts have come up.

But i would love a little input from folks here and hopefully somebody from these North Carolina haunts uses these boards and will swipe me up before i even get there.

Has anybody been to any haunts in Carolina that they liked and would recommend.

My qualifications are pretty good as i love all aspects of the haunt,my true passion lies in the building feild, acting, and Make up. But i have also managed a haunt, i know how to get sponsorship, and im very good at keeping the crew interested and busy year round.

I do have many references that i can refer people to if need be.

Can somebody help get me started in the right direction or line me up with a contact?

Thanks in Advance,Babyman

Hello!
    North Carolina is where the first "Pigman's Lair" show was born!- in Winston-Salem... I made two friends down there and would recommend either of them! Eddie McLaurin owns Woods of Terror and Tony Wogelmouth owns Kersey Valley Spookywoods. Both are excellent haunts, and they will be able to steer you in the right direction!

Good luck down south!

Chip DeLong
    Pigman's Lair
    Chip "Pigman" DeLong
    Scared to the Bone Productions
    Pigman's Lair Haunted Attraction
    Chelsea/Ann Arbor MI
    www.pigmanslair.com

Comment

First, check here.

http://www.nchaunts.com/

I know Cliff at Hacker House, one of my best friends, also my good friend Tony at Spooktwoods, Eddie at Woods of Terror. All fine haunters. I have even worked Cliff's show a few times and had a blast. They have a great time, good show too!

Look at the NCHaunts and figure out which is closer.

Good Luck welcome to the neighborhood, I'm over in Tennessee.

Tim
      Hauntus Emeritus
      Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
      Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Need help finding a new haunt in North Carolina

"If you haven't found a Haunt Home yet" Sounds like you may be right on top of http://www.originalhollywoodhorrorshow.com/ its one of the best .

If you want to explore all your options you can also contact me
        Harrelloween@aol.com

Thanks Kevin

Comment

Thank you very much guys! Man all of these look like great haunts I guess trails are common in warm states,not a problem i have always wanted to work a trail as well but Chicago dosen't have many with the weather up here.

Im job searching tonight but as one of you said i should do a distance search and see which ones closest,I"ll try that tomomrrow or later tonight if i get the chance, i may contact you again for further help.

Thanks again guys i really didn't want to go into this blind.

Comment

Have you tried www.spookywoods.com

or

www.woodsofterror.com

If you go to www.hauntedhouseonline.com you can find every haunt in NC.

Good luck!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry, Yeah i had already run through the list and tonight i did the mileage,looks like Spookywoods is the closest,just under an hour.

I Found their myspace and asked for a freind add, they returned with the # for Donna to contact. Now it's to decide wether i want to jump in as an actor for 2007 or just visit all these new haunts this year and enjoy. Tough Decision!!

Thanks for all your help Gentlemen, i appreciate it.

Comment

In Charlotte there is a big event the month of October called Scarowinds. Theres about 5 haunted houses and throught the theme park people will constintly jump out at you! It pretty awsome! Also in charlotte thers one on independence blvd. i cant remember the name of it tho.

Comment

Working...
                X