Fog Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Machines

I have seen a post about fog machines before. I thought it was on here but I can't find it now. I am curious to see what brand of fog machines everyone recommends. The thread I had read before said to just buy up a bunch of cheap fog machines so you have plenty of replacements for when they fail. We have been doing that but this year we had WAY too many of the cheap ones not work right out of the box. VERY FRUSTRATING! Is there a fog machine that we can expect to pay a little more for, and get several years of use out of it?
    Stephen

The Twisted Forest
    www.thetwistedforest.com
    www.facebook.com/TheTwistedForest

I bought several American Dj Fog Storm 1200 Hd Fog Machines for $150 each from Amazon (free delivery on Amazon Prime). I've only had them since last year but I've already run them each for over 50 consecutive hours each and not a glitch. I love them.

Comment

Fog

Hey Twisted

Chauvets Hurricane 1300's (price is about 149.99) are what alot of haunts use....they have a continuous mode on the machine as well as a timer. It is a good price point and a decent machine, Antari just came out with their Zstream machine (Price is 199) it is also a continuous machine but its 10,000 CFM then the Chauvet. The plus side is Antari seems to be a better quality then Chauvet...If you stack them all together

Least to best

FunFog
      Chauvet
      Antari
      Hazebase

Heres a link so you can compare all the machines

http://www.froggysfog.com/category/20-machines.10-fog/
      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Ive been using the American DJ fog machines--both 1200 and 1700--for the past 15 years and they have ran without any problems. One time I bought the Chavet 1300 and it ran for a season and a half and died. I called Chavet and the rep there told me they have no replacement parts for their units. American DJ on the other hand sells all the replacement parts for your machine if they ever go bad. The American DJ 1200 is compariable to the Chavet 1300 in fog output (and they both run around the same price). The one advantage with the Chavet 1300 is it comes with a timer where the American DJ does not.

Comment

Thanks so much for the input everyone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
          Stephen

The Twisted Forest
          www.thetwistedforest.com

Comment

We use foggers from Twisted Monkey FX. We've been very pleased with them. Can fill a room in seconds and has a wireless remote our actors carry in their pockets so they can control the amount of fog in certain areas. I highly recommend them. http://www.twistedmonkeyfx.com/foggers.html
            Daniel Burnett
            PR/Operator
            Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
            13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
            whenhingescreak.com

Comment

We went through 3 in one prop, the cheap Wal-Mart ones. I keep telling them to buy good and it will last, but they think the cheap ones are better. I guess it is better to spend a $150 a year on the cheap ones than $200 for one that will last a couple years. Can't tell the cheapskates they are wasting money.

Comment

We got a deal from Party City and bought a pallet of 1000W fog machines. They were dirt cheap, but when 5 of them in a row didn't work right out of the box... FRUSTRATING!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
                Stephen

The Twisted Forest
                www.thetwistedforest.com

Comment

Chauvet 1300 hurricane

I have purchased 18 of these machines in 2 years. I have 4 dead, but they are easy to work on. The pumps are easily replaced, the motherboards can be switched if one dies, and the heater core is the only thing that we haven't found a replacement for. We are hard on our equipment, and these hold up the best. If you're looking to be cheap, we used to use the eliminator lighting 1000 watt machine, but at 79.99 its not even half the machine of the Chauvet. I have more than 20 of those that are dead and irreparable.
                  Patrick Barberry
                  www.legendsofthefog.com
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm using Chauvet 1800 flex these days, a few of these pump out more than enough fog.

Allan

Comment

Working...
                    X