Just had to share this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had to share this!

While we have our core group of actors, we always have some new volunteers who join up looking for the opportunity to scare the living daylights out of victi...err, customers. Last weekend, like many nights we're open, we had a new person show up to scare. This young lady seemed shy, but eager to scare some people. We got her dressed up, worked with her in a spot, and got her ready to go. Then...it was showtime. Since I work the queue line, I didn't get to see how she was doing that night, but I heard good thing from my cast and from customers as well. The end of the night rolled around and when everybody was cleaning up and getting ready to go home, this girl had the biggest smile on her face. I asked her if she had fun and if she would be back - her answer was a resounding "Yes!" to both. So I got her information and that night added her to the Cast & Crew Group on Facebook. I wake up the next morning to find the following posted in the Cast & Crew page:

"I really wanted to share this with you guys. I am part of a support group for people who are really sick. I shared this with them today because it's true. You guys give me hope for a new day:

"Recently, I started working at a different haunt. I wanted to escape the past and become anew with new people and new experiences. When I started working at Deceased Farm, it was kind of awkward. I didn't know anyone. I felt like an outcast. These people quickly drew me in and let me become one of them. I felt like I had a family. All those years from high school and years before melted away. I felt like I belonged somewhere. These people don't ask where you've come from or why you're there. All they know is we are all there for a common cause; our love of haunts. I have never felt so happy in my life. For once, things seem to be going right. My medical problems only exist when I'm not in character. While it is a constant struggle for me to keep pushing forward day to day, I have found light in all the darkness. I look forward to seeing these people whom I barely know. Even though I can't tell you most of their names, I can tell you I love them all the same. We care for one another, we take care of one another. I'm not afraid anymore. I'm not scared to go to the doctors anymore because I know even if my haunt family doesn't know my condition, they would still be behind me 100%, pushing me all the way. I may be really sick on the inside, but I'm beaming with happiness for a new day with my new family. I'll keep pushing on for them.... This is what happiness feels like....""

Talk about something that makes your day! It just reminded me that the customers aren't the only people we're doing this for. I just felt like I needed to share this, because to me, it's a giant part of what haunting is all about.

Happy haunting!

Colie Stancil
    Deceased Farm - Actor Coordinator

That's awesome!

Comment

THAT is awesome! Congrats to you and your "haunt culture and family vibe"!

Those ARE the kind of moments that make it worth it.
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Working...
      X