airbrush makeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbrush makeup

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a airbrush kit and makeup to start off with to start experimenting with doing haunt makeups? I have looked around but haven't really found what I was looking for....I'm hoping you might have some suggestions for me. Think face off make up meets newbie!

Airbrush Make Up

Hello BruceJuice. My best recommendation for just starting out is to get Allen's DVD on airbrush make up. He has product recommendations and techniques to get you going. He also shows how to do to some amazing make ups on a haunted house time table. He also shows you how to get going and practice without spending a fortune.
    Here's the link to his site. www.stiltbeaststudios.com
    Let me know if you have other questions about it. Take care and good luck!
    Last edited by horrorman666; 11-05-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Makeup

I would agree on Allens makeup dvd but I would disagree on his choice of airbrush. We fought so hard and were so frustrated with the cheap airbrush that I bought brand new ones last year.
      LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the European Body G?? something brush. xpensive but worked flawless for 18 nights and 40 actors a night. Also love the airbrush makeup they sell. It is more money BUT I dont have time to waste when I am trying to open my show.

Just my worthless 2 cents.

Buck
      Capt.Chaos
      Fear Asylum Haunted House
      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Worth More Than 2 Cents

The Capt. makes a very good point and his advice is worth more than 2 cents! Better results can be had with better equipment. Allen did use inexpensive airbrushes (Harbor Freight). His logic (my opinion based on watching the DVD) being that he had to use so many of them and that it was easier to replace a $20 airbrush when a problem arose. It is hard to call it quits on an airbrush in the $150-$200 range. He may chime in on this thread with some good info as well. The EBA ZeroG airbrush is a great tool but it does function as a single action brush. Fine details are difficult with this but overall it does a good job. If you need fine detailing for make up or other uses a double action airbrush is the way to go. The best situation would be to have a variety of airbrushes to broaden the range of things you could do with them. If you are just starting out and experimenting, I would recommend trying it out without spending a ton of money. If you are serious about it or love it once you get started, then you can sink some money into what works best for you. I hope this helps.
        Last edited by horrorman666; 11-05-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Im actually working on a second Airbrush DVD right now. I also use european body arts make up- the endura line is awesome. I will admit to also upgrading airbrushes since my video- but I think they are great for starting out. Pasche VJL and the Iawatta eclipse as well as the Paschee talon are all good airbrushes.
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info! I'm starting out with airbrushing but from what I can tell there are so many applications that an airbrush could help me with I'm so excited to try some of these out. Allen I'm gonna be picking up your DVD soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
              Im actually working on a second Airbrush DVD right now. I also use european body arts make up- the endura line is awesome. I will admit to also upgrading airbrushes since my video- but I think they are great for starting out. Pasche VJL and the Iawatta eclipse as well as the Paschee talon are all good airbrushes.
              Allen, do you have an ETA on the new DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by remyghost View Post
                Allen, do you have an ETA on the new DVD?
                I think he has to make it first before offering a time of arrival.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                  I think he has to make it first before offering a time of arrival.

Jake
                  I know. I was wondering when he thought it would be completed. Poorly worded. Sorry.

Comment

Im pretty sure I will have it by Transworld. I hope to be doing an airbrush makeup 201 class there. I think its necessary, it seems like every airbrush make up class starts with "This is a double action airbrush, you push the button..." and I think we are ready for more than that.
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                    X