No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry what do you think about doing a poll on opening Creepy World! Even if its not manned with actors you could get a feel for the logistics of running Transworld people through during the 2017 show, to see if it would work "with" actors during the 2018 show. I know the weather is a big concern, But you know the hard core Haunters will be game!

Thanks,
    Jack Beckwith

PS: My Vote Is Yes!

Comment

• We want to do it but last year it flooded there twice causing a TON of work to get it ready just for this haunt season. This season was the best its ever been I have to say... we boarded up everything already. I think if we opened it we'd get like 1500 people or something. I think it would be HUGE no doubt about it.

We want to and I'm going to do it eventually but I'm probably not going to do it this year. A couple reasons why...

1) I really want to do it ALL OUT which would require me to make sure its ready to go 110% minus a few things like putting up the tent etc.

2) I just started to rebuild the hayride and I want to have that totally awesome before I open Creepyworld because I know there are a lot of hayride people out there. I want to open CW when I know the Hayride is one of the best out there. Right now its not.

3) We are adding 1 new haunt to Creepyworld this year and its going to be a HUGE SURPRISE to EVERYONE even in this industry. So I'd like to build that first.

4) By 2018 TW Show I'll have one of the best hayrides in the industry, I would have my new secret haunted house, and I'd have the opportunity to rebuild a few things inside the attraction that aren't on par with everything else. I'd say one more build out year and it would be ready!

For those who don't know The Darkness is 2nd best haunt in St Louis... Creepyworld is #1 by far! Creepyworld gets as much if not more attendance than Darkness and Lemp COMBINED!

Creepyworld takes over 1 hour to walk thru and this year was the best year ever!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Transworld 2017 Tour

I hope this isn't getting tired... same haunt 8 or 9 years in a row! I know. What else can we do... well I wanted to not open it and focus on Creepyworld but I'm going to focus on Darkness again because of some glaring holes. Here is what will be different and here is why you should come.

1) Escape Room Tour: Last year people loved our escape rooms. Some people said the best ones they've ever seen. Well if you're in the Escape Room business or you're thinking about getting into it... this is the year you want to attend our Escape Room Tour. Why?

Last year we had a lobby and two escape rooms. This year we added a PARTY ROOM and TWO NEW Escape Rooms and the two I added are ten times better than the ones you saw last year. The new Escape Room I'm opening I believe that NO ONE in the ENTIRE country will say anything but 'okay we have to admit this is the best one in the WORLD'. Yes its going to be so far out there that you simply just won't believe it. I'm putting about 500k worth of stuff into it... mostly stuff I already own. Its going to have like 4 or 5 custom cgi fx, 8 to 10 multi motion talking animations, a ghost hunt and so much more.

2) Escape Rooms to Play: Our escape rooms will be open mourning noon and night to PLAY throughout the Transworld show. I'm going to open that up for bookings here in about 30 days... you will be able to book your group very soon. There will also be a time BLOCKED OUT for a tour of the facility. I have to plan all of that once I do I'll block out everything for the tours.

3) Zombie Laser Tag: We are doing this again.

4) Darkness Tour: We are totally ripping out our que line and rebuilding it... there will be new scenes added to the darkness as a result. The indoor que will be half the size as before, the haunt itself will be extended. The new section is going to be focused on SCARES!

Once we get more progress I will let you know. Work on the escape rooms started TODAY!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• We will be launching our website for the tour in just after Thanksgiving. Ticketes will go onsale January 1st. The escape rooms you'll need to book this ASAP because that is open to the public and the industry. The industry time slots will go onsale January 1st as well.

We will do openings starting same time the show opens and late into the night. We expect every time slot will sell out because we don't have enough time slots for all the people attending the show itself. So jump on that pronto.

Our Escape Rooms will feature FOUR different rooms, which includes a new party room that wasn't there before and Subway Escape plus Haunted Hotel escape all-new from last year.

I also wanted to mention that yes the Darkness will be renovated again we already started. I will start uploading pictures after thanksgiving.

BULLET POINT CHANGES:

1) We gutted the que line totally. The que line will be re-developed into both a new more organized que line and expansion of the haunted house itself.

2) Indoor Que Line: This will be totally carved from foam and feature major props from Unit 70 and feature a talking animation that is like a pre-show.

3) Haunt Addition: Yes the Darkness will now be longer first there will be a new scene that attaches the new que line to the previous entrance. This will be this room we're calling the Kings Chamber. This will feature 8 new animations all built from Unit 70. This will be a pretty major scene. It will take a while to build this.

4) Dark Zone: We are building a dark zone into the darkness. The new dark zone will also be housed in a big section of the old que line. Everything is dark until the actor triggers the scare. Everything is being built around an actor triggered scare. Meaning that you are walking in the dark and you can't see then boom you can see when something happens to you. This section will feature many never before seen things which I'm having Ghost Ride design for me. Additionally this section will also feature some stuff made by Gore Galore.

5) We are also changing some other rooms upstairs to make them scarier by moving some animations, changing some things.

6) You will also see two new escape rooms and a party room built for the escape rooms. BTW the party room is NOT your typical party room it will feature animations, fire place that works, and many other things.

7) Zombie Haunt and Zombie Laser Tag will be back and slightly changed from last year. Made several improvements after Transworld.

Pictures coming soon!
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• Alright then... here comes some pictures. As you can see we are re-building our Escape/Zombie que line area. Now the counter is directly in front of the door and there is a small indoor que for that attraction because we are adding a party room and another escape room. More pictures on that later this week. Additionally we are re-doing our que line for The Darkness. It will now be smaller and the additional room will be added to the haunted house itself. As you can see in these photo its torn down already. Most of it going into the trash can. Lastly you see our team is re-building all the animations we bought from Hyde ... many are going to be used in our new Escape Room.

We'll have the website up soon with all the details about this year's tour... but let me remind you what we're doing and what you will see you didn't see last year.

1) Two New Escape Rooms: Subway and Haunted Hotel
            2) Escape Room Party Room: Its going to be major league
            3) Darkness Que Line: Majority will be transformed into a haunted house while the que line itself will be made super elaborate.
            4) Minor changes here and there thru out the haunted house.

The Darkness downstairs section will now technically be a much longer haunted house than last year. There will be all new scenes.

IMG_6694.JPGIMG_6695.JPGIMG_6696.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• I will have all the final details on our tour this year out this weekend.

We are building out the escape rooms big league! We are also rebuilding a massive section of our downstairs of Darkness. Lots of new things to see this year!

See these animations all of them are going into our new Escape room... Haunted Hotel.

Larry

IMG_6695.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Sorry I've been away I was actually in the hospital for two days. Finally got out... lots of stuff going on at Darkness. So as I stated we're totally rebuilding the que line and this will be a sample of what is going on in that que line. I've hired Unit 70 who apparently isn't coming to Transworld this year so you can see his new stuff at Darkness... anyway I've hired Unit 70 to do all sorts of new stuff for me. Inside this facade there will be like this hideous king troll that will talk to you before you enter the darkness. I've got all kinds of photos coming. But just trying to catch up since I was out for a few days.

We are also working on the magazine right now and inside the magazine all the latest info on our tour will be inside.

I wanted to mention however that we're not just redoing the que line... we gutted the que line see pictures coming up. We're adding onto the darkness and making it longer!!!!

Darkness 2017- Queue Line artwork [3]-1 (800x618).jpg
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Here is a drawing of our new Haunted Hotel Escape... this is one room of three. I will give more details soon!

Larry

Hotel Seance Room [1] (2) (640x413).jpg
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• This is the entrance to our new Party Room. This isn't what its going to look like after lighting but it will be behind this curtain. Larry

IMG_7866.JPG
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• So check out our almost complete party rooms for St Louis Escape.

When you come this time around you'll see two all new escape rooms and our private party room plus our new lobby.

We're going all out on this and now we're going big league on the marketing.

What do you think?

Larry
                      IMG_6944.JPGIMG_6946.JPGIMG_6950.JPGIMG_6952.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                        What do you think?

Looks fantastic, Larry!
                        --
                        RED VEIN Haunted House
                        Richmond, VA
                        www.redveinhaunt.com

Comment

• Here are some more... we worked on this again until about 2 am. We have it done now.

So to be perfectly clear when we do our tour the escape rooms are part of that event. We have a new party room as shown. We have right now a new escape room (SUBWAY) and we have a new escape room coming soon called Haunted Hotel.

When you tour our escape room facility you'll see four escape rooms, party room plus our new lobby.

The Escape Room tour this year is going to be off the scale. Plus we're going to have our escape rooms open from Tuesday until Sunday from 10 am until Midnight so you can simply book them.

Larry

IMG_6950.JPGIMG_6957.JPGIMG_6977.JPGIMG_6979.JPGIMG_6981.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• BTW this is the logo for our new escape room. And here is another announcement on the escape room tour.

Seminar will include Ginger Flesher owner of Escape Room Live DC the most successful escape room in the United States. We will also feature Dwayne Sandburn from 13th Gate Escape. Plus I'll be there and I have a lot of great information because I've been learning about what to do and not to do big league over the last 6 months. I'm about to launch full blast with all the information have gained. So book the escape room private event because last year it totally sold out and we had people begging to sign up after the fact.

!cid_E4FFF56F-C8FC-44DB-827B-2B976669B508@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• More updates...

We are executing four points of renovation for this tour and I will update you on all of them.

1) Build a new Adventure Party Room: DONE you will see that if you attend the tour.

2) Build a new Escape Room that makes every haunter to escape room owner lose their minds... this escape room is framed out and much of the props and stuff already purchased. I will be able to start uploading photos of this in about 2 weeks.

3) Rebuild our que line and make the darkness longer: This has already started and next week we'll be knee deep into this process. We will also be adding a new section to the haunt that consists of adding about 4 new scenes.

4) Change some things inside the Darkness: We're doing that as well but just haven't started anything yet.

So far things have been purchased from: Unit 70, Ghost Ride, Gore Galore, Mini Spot Light, Creative Visions and Poison Props. We will be adding a few things from other vendors.

I think when you come to this tour you will agree this is the best stuff we've ever done.

Todd Ferren stopped by and took a peak ... he only had one word 'amazing'.

I think we're going to blow everyone away I'm about 109% positive.

Website coming soon with full details.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• Sounds awesome.

Who is Todd Ferrin?

Jake