Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's good to be the king!

Sounds amazing. Should be the bestest, ever.

Comment

• best?

isn't it the best very year? Just bustin ya balls. I've been the last 6 years and this will be 7
      Joe Phillips
      The Shallow Grave
      Winter Haven FL
      http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

• Well yeah it kind of is... you know what if you keep improving your haunt then it should be the best ever. In this industry you learn from mistakes and you learn from your experience. So every year you should get better and better. By knocking out this que line and starting over we're going to make it 100 times better than before. Our big thing this year is to show the industry how to have an interactive que line... we've done this many times for clients now we're doing it for TW.

Additionally we're making the haunted house itself longer and we're adding a DARK ZONE area with cool scares. So yeah I think it will be better. As for the Escape rooms that is a no brainer its over the top!

That you will have to see to believe! LOL

Lastly updating the website TONIGHT with all the new info!!!!

!cid_5F8FF83F-B362-453A-AD6B-832C9EB43251@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• One more thing... I have a crew right now in North Carolina setting up an escape room and another crew in China installing a haunted house. Its slow moving right now getting The Darkness going.

So you don't see a lot of pictures. However starting next week I'll have one crew back working on the escapes DAILY! We have two massive projects going here...

1) Rebuilding the que line which is only torn part right now. Nothing happening here for a couple weeks.

2) Building a new haunted hotel escape room. This will start next week and will take about ummm 2 to 3 weeks to complete and one week to detail and paint. So within 4 weeks from this coming Monday it will be done 110% minus the puzzles which we're building from scratch. Those might not get installed until February. During the show you can book the room that will go up for booking within 48 hours. You might be the first to play it. We'll see if we get it open prior to Transworld.

3) We are also planning to redo our monster museum and we'll be adding a 3 minute escape room... was inspired by seeing one at Netherworld.

4) We will also have several photo ops going out outside something new we're doing with Unit 70.

5) We're also redoing several scenes inside the darkness to create more scare points and moving some animations so they are more effective.

6) We're adding a handful of animations from Poison Props ones that will actually touch and grab customers. These will be added to really get the customers.

7) We have already improved the Silo-X that happened after the Tradeshow last year... it was never fully done now it is. So you'll see stuff there you didn't see last time.

8) Lastly part of the que line is becoming a haunted house ... hard to explain how that is going to happen but you'll see. There will be one REALLY MAJOR NEW scenes we're building with the help of Unit 70, we already pulled out our sleeping giant a new UNIT 70 animation is being added there. Furthermore you will enter this all dark area and we're adding puppets from gore galore and these new TOP SECRET wall panels Ghost Ride is making me. I can't reveal anything yet he'll kill me.

ITS A LOT PEOPLE!

IT will alll get done prior to Transworld 2017.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• REALLY QUICK... www.thedarkness.com is up and running.

HOWEVER 75% of the information has not yet been added. There is only three pages I've worked on so far. However alot of the details are up and going.

Tickets will go on sale within a couple days into January.

The entire website will be totally updated and running with all correct info by January 3rd. Again a lot of the right info is there including dates and times of events and costs.

Larry

PS: Let me just say this to you. I spent about 3 hours going over how to build out this que line last night. What we're doing and I said I wouldn't do this again but what we're doing is MORE WORK than any other year to date. I don't know how this happened but it is... I spent 2 hours on the phone with Bo from Unit 70 last night as well. This project is going to be massive and its going to be pretty damn awesome. I'm basically positive this is going to be the last time I do a major renovation to The Darkness. We've essentially run out of things to renovate unless we give up production and start doing something in the shops. There is nothing left really.

Our Escape room/Zomibe Laser Tag building is MAXED you can't build anything else. So again this is going to be the biggest and best Darkness ever done and for sure the last major renovation. The que line is a lot more work than i thought but I'm getting excited about how it will turn out.
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• Here are some pictures of our lobby and some of the subway escape which no one saw last year. We have actually re-done the lobby as well as built the subway from scratch since last year.

Larry

20150527_082310.jpg20150527_082413.jpg20150527_082659.jpg20150527_082717.jpg20150527_082726.jpg
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• More pics... and a quick update.

I will have the website up and running by the end of this week. Working on it now. www.TheDarkness.com

!cid_640F60E7CEDC40B587B112615989F50D@HPEnvyoffice.jpg!cid_A6474C80CDF8480D94BEDB4DA784D79D@HPEnvyoffice.jpg!cid_CC4A1E0B3EA846EABE7CDD571CBA6195@HPEnvyoffice.jpg
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Tickets are live now... so is the website with all the details.

The website is once again www.thedarkness.com

Tickets are https://thedarkness.fearticket.com/

I want to mention that the escape room tour last year sold out like 30 days before the show. We did end up adding like 20 more tickets and those sold out the same day. During the show over 100 people asked could they buy a ticket we said no. This year we've added the MAX 175 ... we can't do more for one good reason and that is with you being able to walk all around inside it would take hours to do more. We're not doing that. So if you want that ticket buy it NOW!

You can start booking the escape rooms tomorrow I'm still setting that up. In other words if you want to play the game.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Is there a tour of creepyworld this year?

Comment

• Any chance us out of towners can see Lemp again? It was so cool a few years back!

-Joel-
                      Heartstoppers
                      Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                      www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

• Would like to know as well, about Creepyworld especially. Would love to go see it but can't during season.

Comment

• Sorry I've been away so long...

I have suffered some medical issues that led me into the hospital. I'm feeling better now and getting right back at it.

I was off my feet for a bit over a week and not much got done while I was away. We had part of our crew in North Carolina setting up an escape room while others went to China to install a haunt.

Anyway a long story short... I made it down to The Darkness twice this past week. Here is the update:

Our new haunted mansion escape room is getting done. By the end of today two of the rooms will be completely built and we'll start painting them on Monday. The main room will take a week all by itself but it also should get painted by the end of next week beginning of the next.

Our que line project all we've really done is gutted the area and we spent an entire day doing nothing but removing the slayer so that is gone now.

So in short I'm back in action and hoping to really get you guys updates.

In the meantime I have created a new schedule for the escape rooms you can book them now at www.thedarkness.com

And the tour tickets are live as well https://thedarkness.fearticket.com/e...ket/eventid/79

This Escape Room tour we're doing is going to be awesome... you will see four escapes, party room and go inside to look at everything.

The Darkness renovation is going to be simply incredible... we're jumping back on that project starting Monday.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Questions:

Lemp: No I'm not touring Lemp this year because simply put we're not doing any updating there or upgrades. We have future plans for the space but not at the moment. All the focus is on Darkness. I wanted to mention again same as before... I wouldn't do any more Darkness tours unless we do something super cool to show you. If I thought for one second you guys would say oh man that wasn't that great he cheaped out... I wouldn't do it. I'm telling you right now the new upgrades to darkness are going to ROCK!

Creepyworld: We decided to skip it. We're building two new haunts in Creepyworld but won't start that project until after Transworld. Couple things...

1) I don't want to show it to anyone until I've renovated every square inch of the place. Don't get me wrong Creepyworld is pretty damn awesome right now but I want to install my new haunts.

2) After really thinking it thru here is the ONLY way I can open it... if I did NOTHING to Darkness. Its the ONLY WAY! Since we're building this party room, new escapes, and que line to darkness I won't have time to do both. its impossible. So maybe next year we'll do Creepyworld but then we wouldn't open Darkness because I wouldn't have time to mess with it. Setting up Creepyworld is a massive project then I'd have to take it all back down plus work in the COLD!

We're going to try it as our last tour ever... I promise you we will open it but it will be the VERY VERY VERY LAST TOUR I ever do!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Say it isnt so

Then what the Hell are we gonna do?
                              Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                              Questions:

Lemp: No I'm not touring Lemp this year because simply put we're not doing any updating there or upgrades. We have future plans for the space but not at the moment. All the focus is on Darkness. I wanted to mention again same as before... I wouldn't do any more Darkness tours unless we do something super cool to show you. If I thought for one second you guys would say oh man that wasn't that great he cheaped out... I wouldn't do it. I'm telling you right now the new upgrades to darkness are going to ROCK!

Creepyworld: We decided to skip it. We're building two new haunts in Creepyworld but won't start that project until after Transworld. Couple things...

1) I don't want to show it to anyone until I've renovated every square inch of the place. Don't get me wrong Creepyworld is pretty damn awesome right now but I want to install my new haunts.

2) After really thinking it thru here is the ONLY way I can open it... if I did NOTHING to Darkness. Its the ONLY WAY! Since we're building this party room, new escapes, and que line to darkness I won't have time to do both. its impossible. So maybe next year we'll do Creepyworld but then we wouldn't open Darkness because I wouldn't have time to mess with it. Setting up Creepyworld is a massive project then I'd have to take it all back down plus work in the COLD!

We're going to try it as our last tour ever... I promise you we will open it but it will be the VERY VERY VERY LAST TOUR I ever do!

Larry
                              Joe Phillips
                              The Shallow Grave
                              Winter Haven FL
                              http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                                We are going ALL OUT ON THIS deal because this is our last tour we are doing.
                                Couple things... this is probably the last year we do a major renovation to The Darkness because we bought a new building.
                                This is it. And I'm sad to say this will probably be the last time we produce a tour.
                                And I'm here to tell you for those who don't believe... I am NOT DOING another Darkness renovation on this level EVER AGAIN! This is seriously like the very last one.
                                So again this is going to be the biggest and best Darkness ever done and for sure the last major renovation.
                                Sorry, but I had too. :P

Looking forward to seeing everything!
                                Zach Wiechmann
                                www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Working...
                                X