No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are more pictures... and an update.

The escape room is totally done from the construction, lighting, sound, theming everything and its been totally cleaned up. Our tech guy is actually spending the night. I'm not kidding he brought a blanket and everything. We have a real bed in the escape room plus our party room has a huge couch. Anyway it turned out awesome.

The escape room will take another two days to finish programming. We'll be doing some testing with real people this weekend. You can book the rooms NOW at www.stlouisescape.com

I wanted to mention that Saturday is already almost booked up... our customers from here in St Louis usually book the week of. So once they start to book its over Saturday will be totally sold out. If you want to experience our escape rooms they will be open from WED thru Sunday from 10 am until 12am.

So book now!

IMG_7547.JPGIMG_7548.JPGIMG_7556.JPGIMG_7557.JPGIMG_7569.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Here is an update. I've been staying at the haunt almost every single night until 3 or 4 am. Tonight I got home around 3 am.

We're trying to build a booth at the show, we built one in about 5 days. We're recreating the Psycho house ... I hope it turns out good. Holding my breath.

Haunted House (Darkness): Okay I'm going to just say it here... the new section in the Darkness is flat out awesome! And here is the best part we built it all out of stuff we had laying around. This was the cheapest upgrade we've EVER DONE to The Darkness itself. We added like 45K in new animations and props, spent about 3 weeks on the build out, and I think its going to be one of the best things we've ever done. We're getting so damn good and doing things awesome and fast... all together on the haunted house itself we maybe spent around 100k with labor. Cheapest ever... but you'll never tell. If you haven't been to The Darkness in a few years you need to go now because we're not doing this type of tour again. I walked thru the Darkness last night and we thought we had everything but we dont we'll be working probably all day Wed to finish it. You're going to love it!!! The new section is now my favorite!

Escape Rooms: We STILL DO NOT have the new escape room done. We MIGHT be able to beta test this on Sunday. We're going to get maybe 2 or 3 groups to test this TOPS! So you'll be our first players by far. We wanted to open sooner but this is just taking forever. I never thought in a million years a room so small could take so long. Now this is where we spent all the money and time for this show... we probably have spent about 175k TOTAL in this area JUST since November.

Since last year we built Subway Escape, Party Rooms, and added all kinds of new stuff.

Lastly, I wanted to say thanks in advance for all the support over the years. I hope every loves the tour!!! There will be no more pictures or videos or anything until Transworld itself.

We have to focus on finishing a list that is two miles long, get this haunted hotel escape room done, finish a booth and install it then get ready for these tours.

THIS IS IT... last time we go all out like this again. If we open again it will be pretty much as is or a few things changed something like that. Nothing like this level.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• Oh what the heck... see the puppet in the middle from gore galore its in the new section and pretty cool. The last picture is of the escape room last room and the first pic just another pic of the new mummy scene.

I'm going to tell you right now if you don't think our new MUMMY scene isn't one of the best scenes you've ever seen I'll pass out. You have to walk thru it to understand just how breath taking it is... get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

IMG_7486.JPGIMG_7488.JPGIMG_7566.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• Check out our new facade for the show. Its going to have a lot of CGI FX... after the show its going to Creepyworld.

Larry

IMG_7586.JPGIMG_7587.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• Looks Great!

Cant wait to see it all w the cgi and everything.
            Damon
            Frightmasters
            www.frightmasters.weebly.com
            Damon Carson

Comment

• Quck update... our haunted mansion escape room may not open. If it doesn't open we'll have to rebook you into another escape room or do a refund. Its 50/50 right now. Our tech on this game just as he's about to finish the project hit his head really bad on a steal beem or something and he's got a very serious concussion. He hasn't been able to work for the last three days. There is no one else who can finish the game. We only have like 3 or 4 thigns to finish.

I'm hoping he feels better today if he does we should be able to get it finished. If not I will let you know. He's been staying with me at my house, he was planning on working today, I took him there, he fell asleep on the bed in the escape room. I sat there all day for like 14 hours organizing papers, paying bills... so I took him back to my house. We'll try again tomorrow. We'll see.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Some stunning work in this thread. The new haunted escape rooms look perfect! The psycho house facade also looks brilliant.

Sending good wishes to your tech too.

Comment

• Hoping your help improves. I think I know who you are talking about. If he gets worse I think he should be seen by a Dr. Just saying to be on the safe side. Nice of you guys taking care of him. Get better soon! Be a shame for him to miss TW and everything. After all the hard work!
                  Damon
                  www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                  Damon Carson

Comment

• Here is a picture of our booth. It will only get better after tomorrow. This booth features SIX custom CGI FX including a Bates Motel No Vacancy sign which is not actually up yet. So this is a recreation of the Bates Motel.

Btw, our escape room tour is almost totally sold out. So if you want to come you should get that ticket now. We're also going to be shutting off tickets for the behind the scenes tours as well maybe even after tomorrow. We've learned when you add to many people it takes forever to get everyone thru the haunts. So hurry up! www.TheDarknes.com

IMG_7598.JPG
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Everything looks great, Larry.... coming to the behind-the-scenes tour and hoping to check out an escape room, too.
                      --
                      RED VEIN Haunted House
                      Richmond, VA
                      www.redveinhaunt.com

Comment

• OMG - this looks absolutely amazing. Keep up the good work.
                        Shocka-Con Australia
                        Australia's Newest Horror Convention

Comment

• The psycho house looks stunning!

Comment

• Here is a better picture however its still not done. We have a bunch of CGI FX wrong. But here you can see the awesome Bates Motel sign we made its also CGI.

Larry

IMG_7631.JPG
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Couple thoughts from the tour... the judge from faceoff came again and said he loved it. Thanks!!!

We wanted to do a full blown thing outside but didn't because it was raining so I wanted to mention we got everyone inside our shop. We also let people in a bit faster than normal but we didn't want anyone getting poured on. By the end of the tour the rain had stopped and we put a couple monsters out there but nothing as we had planned. None of the guests got really wet as we went faster and let them wait inside.

As for our new que room everyone loved it... got rave reviews. On the escape rooms we had a couple issues with the haunted hotel but overall everyone loved those as well. We've learned from the past mistakes so I think everything went great despite the rain.

We had a massive turnout for our escape room seminar I think nearly 200 people. Almost everyone was a haunted house owner. So I can tell you this now that its over our entire crew is on PAID LEAVE this week... everyone is worn out. We're not going to do a massive deal like this again. Even though the haunt itself seemed light on renovations this year, we put a ton of work into the escape room area. The section we did do for the tour of darkness made a lastly impact. We did the que room for a reason... we wanted haunt owners to see you can think bigger and it really starts with the first thing they see. I think our customers in STL will notice the change.

So as of right now right here as I stand if we do any type of haunt tour we're going to try and make it at Creepyworld. Someone offered to buy Terror Visions... and if we sell Terror Visions we'll have another haunt tour at Darkness. Why? Because we'll tear down Terror Visions and build something totally new. If we don't sell Terror Visions we're not going to do some massive overall.

In order to do Creepyworld I have to speak with local fire officials and building people. Won't know for a while. Will get back to you on it.

One thing I did learn from this tour however... to about 85% of the guests they thought we did a bunch of upgrades to The Darkness because they go every other year. Two years ago we did Silo-X and the Church plus the que room and new section of Darkness... to them it was a massive overhaul.

Anyway I wanted to mention THANK YOU FOR COMING OUT AGAIN!!!! Larry

IMG_7800.JPGIMG_7807.JPGIMG_7808.JPGIMG_7811.JPGIMG_7814.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• BTW anyone in or around the STL area we're open this weekend from 7 to 10pm. First time ever opening out of season. I'll let you know how it goes. Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X