HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness Haunted House Transworld Haunt Tour 2016 - Renovation Thread

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Take a close look at this photo... its boring not exciting and doesn't look like much. Pay close attention to this photo... in a few days I will show you another one finished. This room is getting painted as we speak even before the construction is done. This room is KILLING ME... every day I come in and something looks screwed up and then another day gets added to it. It just won't end... it will take yet another day of construction work to finish. This room will be painted over the weekend and detail work will begin sometime next week. The animation in the stairs will also get started next week. But I'm telling you this room does not appear to be coming together... so pay close attention to when it does before and after. Larry

DSC00122.JPG

2. Default  
    Stunning visuals

Stunning effort

Stunning dedication

Congratulations
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

3. Default  
    Same room just a little further along... By this time next week this room will look UNREAL! Trust me!

We have never spent more time on one room than this one.

Larry
    DSC00130.JPG

4. Default  
    Today spent a long time cleaning and cleaning our shop it was a total wreck.. we had two guys continuing the work on the grand staircase room. We are painting at the same exact time. We tried to install the Sawzilla that didn't go as planned. We will get back after that on Tuesday. On Monday we are going to finish our new jail which I have uploaded any photos of yet, we are going to get some more props we need for Sawzilla room as well on Monday. By next Friday this wheelchair room will be done, the hallways will be themed, the bathroom will be done, and Sawzilla will be done as well. We'll be onto the downstairs from there... its going to be unreal. When you come and see this in person once its all done you are NOT GOING TO BELIEVE we did this!

Larry

www.TheDarkness.com

DSC00128.JPGDSC00132.JPGDSC00133.JPGDSC00136.JPG

5. Default  
    We are about to starting putting some new animations in The Darkness... next week is going to be a big one getting new sets and animations complete in the attractions. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
    phot3343o 1.JPGphotoweeeee 3.JPGphotwwwo 2.JPG
    Attached Images

6. Default  
    I just wanted to mention this is one of the worst winters we've had here in St Louis and I hope because the show is further back in March it doesn't impact the show itself. Its been at or below zero degrees multiple times, its snowed more times than I can count, my pool in the back yard is frozen over I could go ice skating. We are still working snow or no snow otherwise we won't get it done.

I just hope this cold weather breaks in March... last March it was still cold but now its 10 times worse.

Some other issues to consider this year... there is major construction going on right now check out this website http://www.cityarchriver.org/

View the slideshow you see before pics then slide the tool bar over and you see 2015. Its a little harder to move around here right now because they are spending like 500 million dollars to revitalize the entire downtown arch area.

They blew up everything a few weeks ago...

I'm hoping that because the show got moved back it will be its normal 70 degrees here by the time of the show... keeping those fingers crossed.

Larry

7. Default  
    This year we are doing something way different we are doing multiple t-shirts with multiple designs. Check them out. Which ones do you like? Much to my surprise the behind the scenes tour is already 75% sold out... I'm surprised because last year it didn't totally sell out until about 2 weeks before the show. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com
    darkness_I_survived.jpgdarkness_lives_hand.jpgdarkness_t_line_art_zombie.jpgdarkness_t_skull_lineart.jpgdarkness_t_something_lurking.jpg Larry

8. Default  
    Couple things... this is probably the last year we do a major renovation to The Darkness because we bought a new building. We plan on building a new haunt in St Louis for 2015 ... so maybe in 2015 we'll showcase a new haunted house. So we are really trying to blow out this place... this is by far the best renovation work we've ever done. Its going to be mind blowing. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Picking up 90% of everything from Unit 70 stuff Thursday. More pics coming soon! www.thedarkness.com

Larry
    DSC00141.JPGDSC00142.JPGDSC00145.JPGDSC00148.JPGDSC00149.JPG

9. Default Something is lurking... 
    My fav. shirt. I like the realistic "photolike" look.

Wicked Farmer

10. Default  
    FYI... we are coming out with a new DVD which we are shooting right now called 'How to Renovate Your Haunted House' will be available in about 30 days. Will be added to the store soon! www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com The video will be us explaining how to renovate your haunted house what steps you need to take, what you need to do, how to do it, and some how to tips to boot. Will be going on sale on the website any day! Its tied into the Darkness because we filmed it inside The Darkness. Larry

how_to_renovate_haunted_house_2014_dvd_cover.jpg

Thread Information