Looking fwd to it!
Down to the BRASS TAX... So what did we really do? Now we know because we are almost finished with construction. We will be working on the attraction at least another week on odds and ends and it will take a while still to finalize all the animations. But outside of that what was really done?
1) Changed out one room into the left overs of the old Jail. Scale of 1 to 10 on the cool meter ... 5
2) Changed out the old Dungeon into Medusa total gut and total from scratch. Scale of cool meter ... 8
3) Cave added an animated mosquito and switched the room around... the animation is an 8
4) Gutted the final room in the attraction added a really huge puppet monster and rebuilt the room can't judge yet because its not done but should be an 8 or better
1) Gutted the trophy room built a foyer with animated wheel chair cool meter ... 10
2) Bedroom added a new bed, and a cool animation that will leap over your head ... 8
3) Bathroom built THREE new detailed hallways complete with new CGI, built the coolest bathroom I've ever seen ever ... 10 plus
4) Dinning Room was changed slightly due to the needs of the bathroom and the improvement is kind of cool
5) Falling Barrel Room... got all new barrels so they are scarier roll better
6) Sawzilla ... massive upgrade to the room detail is amazing complete with animations that will blow your socks off ... 10 plus
7) Green House... totally upgraded this room now has EIGHT animations in ONE ROOM including a plant puppet, three venus fly traps and more. ... 9
Terror Visions in 3D
1) Magic Room Upgrades: Giant Rabbits, rabbit animation, and other improvements. 9
2) Gutted the old Freak Show and built a Circus scene with a giant farting clown and a giant animated puppet from Gore Galore ... 9
3) Dynamite Room added a giant clown from Unit 70 also added another giant clown in the jack in the box room
4) Repainted several floors
5) Built a CGI based game booth human dart game 10
6) Built a human claw game complete with claw animation and CGI based clown who controls it hard to judge yet not done
Horror Museum and Gift Store
1) We added more figures including Exorcist, Grinch and Pumpkinhead
2) We got 8 new and different t-shirts including pink shirts for the ladies
3) We created a photo op with monsters with darkness name on it
Do you think that is enough?? LOL
Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com
Looking fwd to it!
One ? When do you all sleep?! Or do you keep a Monster Energy truck parked outside the Darkness 24/7?! Lol! It all looks awesome!
Damon we don't sleep... I can tell you everyone is worn out tired and ready for this to be done. I don't think we can do as big a renovation next year... no way. I just got back myself ... me and John worked together to finish Medusa. By night I'm working on the new Hauntworld.com and we haven't even started to think about a booth for TW. LOL
Anyway we are going to try and get about 15 people to the Darkness next week and really try to get it done so we can build a booth for the show.
Here are a few more pictures.
I just hope we can get everything done. Its going to be tough! I did talk to Unit 70 today everything we ordered that we haven't got we'll get next Friday. So we are moving in the right direction I guess. LOL
C'mon Larry you say the sane thing last year. You'll be doing a bigger and more over the top renovation next year GUARANTEED!
It's coming along great though.its great seeing the progress pics.
You got me... LOL!
Honestly though I'm afraid this haunt season is going to suck again here in St Louis because of the Cardinals. Last year we had great PR, we had great feedback but the attendance keeps going down because the Cardinals keep making the World Series. I think their team this year is way way way better than last years team... they could win the WORLD series this coming year putting us into the stone ages. I have to be really careful going forward because the Cardinals look set to be really good for the next several years.
This is NOT the best town to do a haunt right now which is why I'm considering opening a haunt in a city not far from St Louis like Indianapolis or Memphis or somewhere. St Louis is just not very strong right now...
We will do something yes you are correct and we'll open for the show again and honestly we already KNOW exactly what we are doing... building a DisneyWorld style LIbrary filled with ghosts and FX and building an attic type scene. Maybe we'll do something to Terror Visions but nothing like this year. We'll see.
But yes you are right every year I say something and change my mind... this is actually fun but by this time it wears you out.
Really excited about the tour this year Larry! I can't wait to see your line of cgi fx. You will probably have to kick me out Thursday night. And I second the "this is the most extreme renovation EVER! " comment. Lol. Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to it.
Okay this is related to The Darkness renovation we are building a CLAW game inside Terror Visions. You are inside the claw game and this video plays like this clown is in control of the claw. What do you think? Larry
Get tickets now www.thedarkness.com
we need a new haunt here in memphis so come on do one here so i can act at it
We'd move to come to Memphis and we might be coming to a few cities near you soon enough. Its a new thing we are offering... haunt owners out there can contact us and we'll discuss transforming their haunt into the market leaders.
On another note...
This week we are really hoping to get this thing done we haven't started a booth yet so we are hoping next week! This week expect a lot of pictures of Terror Visions and a lot of picture of Medusa. We did NOT get to hard coat it on Sunday now that is getting done Tuesday night.
It snowed sleeted and everything else here its a mess here.
Several pics of Terror Visions later today.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)