No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally fly in to Transworld so a bus would be best for us. I would do a trip that Is no longer then an hour away. Talon falls was great but not worth a three hour trip each way. HELL TO THE NO! Not again. I would definetly be the first to sign up for a behind the scenes day trip to creepy world. But again my issue would be transportation.

Good luck! And look forward to seeing what you come up with next year.

Comment

• wasnt able to make it to TW this year, but would do either Darkness or creepyworld or hey both! We fly in and a bus is good or we would rent a car?

Comment

• Bus or No Bus

I always look back and compare to when Transworld was in Chicago. The Dream Reapers tour was always a good time and a highlight to the night. If I remember correctly tickets were only around $15 a person and if you took the bus it was $5 more. Nothing fancy just a yellow school bus to take you there and back. Run 5 or 6 buses all night that pick up in front of the convention center. I think it worked out for them and would allow everyone a chance to check out Creepyworld!

I vote bus to Creepyworld

Comment

• I am warning everyone now if I open Creepyworld it will be a very expensive ticket... we were kicking it around between 80 and 100 dollars. Its not a haunted house that can be worked on every day when its cold, its snowing and its not a haunted house that is set up. It would cost me a FORTUNE to try and open the thing... you mention Dreamreapers well they just kind of opened the door and that was it.

I can't do that with Creepyworld I just can't... I'd have to hire an ARMY of people to get it open for the one night, and an ARMY of people to act there the one night. It would take a monumental effort!

We are trying to figure out as we get it back open for 2015 how we would do that as cheap as we can.

Either way we could open Darkness but the main dish would be Creepyworld. Creepyworld is our best haunted house its just not the easiest to open.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Larry, what if you only staff some of the attractions and leave the others as a behind the scene type of walk through. Maybe pick you favorite 5 to staff. Just a thought to cut some cost.

Comment

• I can only imagine how difficult it would be to get Creepyworld open correctly with Transworld happening just out of the big snow season. Maybe a behind the scenes tour of Creepyworld would be easier to do on Thursday with a limited number of tickets, kind of like you do with The Darkness behind the scenes tour. Then that leaves you the option to open The Darkness or The Abyss again on Friday and Saturday if you choose to do so.
              Daniel Burnett
              PR/Operator
              Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
              13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
              whenhingescreak.com

Comment

• Creepyworld in November???

Hey Larry, why don't you contact TW about the November Legendary Haunt tour in Chicago. What if you did a lights on tour during the day on Saturday? The haunt would still be up from October and you wouldn't have to staff it with many actors. Your cost would be less to operate and everyone on the bus tours would get to see the detail of Creepyworld. It's an awesome haunt and could possibly add value to the Legendary tours! They haven't posted activities on Saturday during the day and it could give people something fun to do before the evening haunt tour. The challenge could be the weather in November could be cold, but Creepyworld is legendary!!!!

Kelly

Comment

• I agree just open Creepyworld with staff or not. We love what you have done to Darkness, its very inspirational for what we do here however we would prefer to see something else. I think Creepyworld sounds like a great experience with or without actors. Just 2 cents buddy.

Comment

• It takes about 100 people to operate Creepyworld and although it would be very difficult to get enough staff even if we ran off full the real problem isn't staff. The problem is setting up the place... we have roughly 8 trucks that need to be unloaded and placed back in the attraction, animations would need to be wired up, we couldn't set it up as its supposed to be displayed. We couldn't set up our tent, que line stuff, and when do you put props out if its snowing for example.

These are the problems. It would take a monumental effort to even come close to what its suppose to look like and make it happen in time for the show.

The tour if we did would have to cost like 80 to 100 dollars and I'd have to get at least 1000 people just to break even on opening the thing. Tearing down the place each year cost me around 15 to 20k. So I already know I'm in store for we'll say 20k to take it back down... can't let it sit out in the summer and get rained on for six months.

As we all know its cheaper to tear down than set up... so just to set it up AS IN would probably cost $40 to 50k then another 10 to 12k to staff it. This doesn't include the materials needed so in short 80 to 100k to open Creepyworld is my guess.

We are out there right now prepping the place... so we are going to see if there is anything we can figure out.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Larry, the Legendary Bus tour is Nov 12 - 14. Wouldn't you still have Creepyworld set up from the season? If you did a lights-on tour during the day on Saturday Nov 14, you wouldn't need to fully staff it and you wouldn't have to make any changes from the season. Haunters usually appreciate the lights-on tours so you can see the details of an attraction and Creepyworld could be very popular.

Just putting it out there for your consideration. TW might already have something planned for Saturday during the day, but you won't know if you don't ask.

I understand the challenges to opening during the off season (we've opened our haunt three times for MHC in June). We're indoors and work on our attraction year round otherwise we wouldn't be able to do it.

I think your peers would appreciate the opportunity to see Creepyworld.

Kelly

Comment

• Kelly we would still have it up but I doubt very seriously for Legendary in Chicago they would would want to come down here... something tells me they wouldn't.

Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Wow that is very very cool. I also wanted to mention visited your haunted house during the show and found it to be excellent. Great job. I also hope you open Creepyworld. Good luck this coming season.

Comment

• Just wanted to mention the Darkness haunt tour video is coming soon... it will be the best one we've ever done. Should have it any day now.

Also believe it or not we are STILL working on The Darkness trying to get our falling book case done and repairs and more.

Anyway once the video is done look out... coming soon!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• The Darkness Haunted House Highlight Video is here!!!

Check it out!

Larry

Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• Awesome video. I noticed that Terror Visions wasn't featured on this video nor was Lemp. Do you have videos for those haunts?

Comment

Working...
                                X