No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I kind of posted some more photos and ran... as you noticed I didn't even say a word. What are we looking at... we are looking at a hallway that will be right after our kitchen scene. So it will be like a hallway that leads to a freezer which will have a CGI fx in it. Additionally this hallway when done will have some unique props never before done in the industry created by Ghost Ride.

The room directly after this hallway is the new attic scene which will feature possessed demons crawling on the walls, a couple cgi fx, and an animated demon.

This attic and hallway you are looking at here will be done more or less painted and all within two weeks I would guess.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• My Grandfather's "Rattle-ing Rattle snake!"

He used it to scare his friends as they would be walking. He had a rattle snake "Rattle" in a very small glass bottle maybe just 3 inches high by 1.5 inches wide.
      Of course to "Get" a rattlesnake rattle ..you had to ask the snake very politely? No! That would not work.
      140? years ago there were plenty of them all around this area living in the rock outcroppings along the rivers here.
      One day a group of men began killing rattlers and when they stopped the dead rattler count was 190!
      We still had a few of his "Toys" when i was a kid, and they still made that very distinctive sound "Chi-chi-chi-chi!"
      Which means "Run away slowly or i bite your ankle!"-in "Snake-Talk".
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• More pictures... and to answer those questions again this will be a supernatural attic. The attic will feature 4 CGI FX custom created by us, an animated possessed girl, crawling figures all over the walls and super cool detail work. Also part of this scene is a kitchen hallway that leads up to the Attic. This scene replaces the old morgue that was left over as part of the old funeral home theme we gave up a few years ago.
        image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage4.JPGimage5.JPGimage6.JPG

Let us know what you think.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• I'll try this again and see if you answer Larry where did you get those gargoyles?

[/url]image.jpg

Comment

• I don't think Larry actually reads anything on this forum, he only posts things.
            Tanner Phillips
            Mastermind
            The Darkest Hour
            http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

• No I read things I read a lot and learn a lot as well. I've just been really busy trying to get the Darkness going.

To answer your question UNIT 70 made all of that stuff.

Here is another scene we are building for The Darkness tour during Transworld.

Larry
              Library smaller [1].jpg
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Larry, who draws your concept art?
                Tanner Phillips
                Mastermind
                The Darkest Hour

Comment

• Lots of different people over the years so many I can't even remember them all... on these past few drawings Dan Faupel. He's an amazing artist.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• We are really going fast now... by the end of next week the new attic and kitchen hallway will be complete and being painted. We are going to start on the library as well. The Library will be the major room this year and it will be unreal!

123.jpg1223.jpg1233.jpg1234.jpg
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• i don't think you got those gargoyles from Unit 70 unless they do not sell them on their website. Any other ideas on where you got those Larry?

Comment

• Larry gets a lot of custom stuff from unit 70, and they don't update their website very often.
                        Brian Warner
                        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

• They where created by Unit 70 custom for me... he is now selling them just hasn't updated his website. He also made those crawling creatures.

UPDATE: We are working on www.thedarkness.com website. The new website will showcase a new look for us ... we are hoping to have it up and selling tickets the first week of January. The tickets will be cheaper if you buy them prior to February.

Here are the tours we are offering

Thursday: Behind the Scenes with Dinner and a Seminar.

Friday: Live Actor Haunted House at The Abyss Lemp Brewery (new concept its all dark)

Saturday: Live Actor Haunted House at The Darkness with a PARTY afterwards!

We are also considering on Sunday doing a zombie paintball demo and tour of our haunted hospital trailer haunt but that is not going up on the website just yet.

So last year we did two different behind the scenes tours this year it will be just one combined into one.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Larry, I'm going to try one more time. Is the first floor of the darkness still all for sale?

Will it be on display for transworld, or have you torn it down?

I'm interested in learning more about that deal. Or whether it's even still available.
                            Tanner Phillips
                            Mastermind
                            The Darkest Hour

Comment

• Thanks Larry.

Comment

• Couple things...

1) Here is another angle of our library we are building.

2) I wanted to mention why we are doing a library or why last year we did a kitchen or a bathroom... these rooms are so over done and so stereotypical.

The reason is because I know they are overdone and I know they are stereotypical. Our haunt tour needs to HELP YOUR business, not help our business. We want to do scenes we know most of you already have, will do or want to redo... we are taking these to the extreme to show no matter what theme you pick for a room there is no limit to how awesome you can make it. This new library will hopefully set the standard for many years to come... its going to be the flat out best scene we've ever done. It will feature multiple CGI FX, Pepper Ghost FX, a 20 foot high Library, spiral staircases, and thousands of dollars in taxidermy. We want to show you this year and to the EXTREME how bad ass you can make even the most played out concept for a haunted house... a library. If there is a more played out idea than a bathroom, bedroom, kitchen or library I don't know what it is. But when you see this library you just won't ever see them or think of them the same again. The work on the library starts NOW!

3) Our new How to Detail video will showcase how we built the Library, Attic, and carving a cave for the Worm scene. This new how to dvd will be available in March.

Library [2].jpg
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X