Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

This will be our 20th year for the Darkness and in celebration of such we are doing a very massive renovation of The Darkness. We have been working with vendors already, working on concepts and much more. We are also doing our own DIGITAL CGI Animations not only for The Darkness 2013 but also to sell to haunt owners World Wide at the Transworld Show. We will also be offering custom vac form we are finally pressing plastic, making molds and much more. We have been working on the CGI FX for months already, and the vac form for weeks as well.

So this 20th year celebration has been in the works for some time now... in addition to all of that we are also doing custom costumes, and those will be offered for sale at TW as well. We are going to be opening The Darkness for the TW show and we'll be doing a ton of outdoor que line stuff, live entertainment, and a totally renovated Darkness and I might add the best one ever!

We will start later this week and once again I will post the pictures as we go. The Darkness will be the best we've ever done without any doubt and I'm really really excited about the opportunity to renovate the place for the 20th season.

Follow this thread and we'll update you with any and all about this event.

I do NOT think we'll do anything but The Darkness to make it easier on the stress level we've experienced over the last couple years.

Additionally we want to seriously FOCUS on one massive renovation for The Darkness 20th season!

All tickets will once again be sold through www.thedarkness.com and additionally you can find all the details there as well.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

That's exciting Larry! We will be there this year to see how it turns out. Good luck with the renovation and congratulations on the 20 year mark!

Eric
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Just FYI... I will be swinging by the haunted house several times this week. I will be taking several photos of things we will SELL!

I'm planning on selling sever items out of the haunted house. If you are interested in things we are going to get rid of let me know or just look on the trading post for details.

We haven't started YET but we will the day after thanksgiving! Anything we plan on selling must be picked up quickly because I don't have the room to store stuff.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Spent SEVERAL hours at the Darkness today with our new team and we have a plan... now the trick is to see if we can get it done in time. As usual I'm going ALL OUT BALLS THE WALL and I feel I must do this because its our 20th year. We didn't have the best season this year, so I've made a choice NOT to do ANYTHING to Lemp. I can't afford to... I'm putting everything in Darkness.

I've said it before I can't nor would I feel good about opening just to open... I can't open Lemp if I'm not going to do something new worth seeing... so we'll keep the doors shut there.

We are going back to our heart and soul and putting everything we've got into DARKNESS ONLY! And honestly its all I can afford.

I think I'm going further than I've ever done so all the focus has to be on DARKNESS and its 20th season!

I was there today and I should have taken pics of everything I'm going to get rid of but I forgot... I will get those photos today.

It will be a long list I'm trying to rid my haunt of all Scarefactory animations for one... just don't want them anymore. We haven't bought really anything from them in several years so I'm getting sick of looking at it... I want to buy new stuff. So we'll have a bunch of Scarefactory stuff. We will also be selling several sets and stuff.

We are gutting like 12 rooms total all up stairs... we will start the Monday after thanksgiving.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Larry,

I will be keeping an eye out for the pictures. Have a great holiday.

Sean
          Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
          sean@pixelpushersinc.com
          312.613.7326 Mobile
          847.550.6560 X 102 Office
          844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

We will re-open Lemp in 2013 I just wasn't going to bother with it for the TW show... I figured everyone has seen it. Does everything think we should open it or what? I could open some new rooms of the building for you to explore or something but I don't really want to open it with actors.

I don't know you guys tell me!

Additionally I might have a VERY SECRET surprise for everyone very soon! I can't spill the beans yet but...

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
              We will re-open Lemp in 2013 I just wasn't going to bother with it for the TW show... I figured everyone has seen it. Does everything think we should open it or what? I could open some new rooms of the building for you to explore or something but I don't really want to open it with actors.

I don't know you guys tell me!

Larry
              Definitely open it for TW! The Lemp is one of my personal favorites, I think its awesome. Even if it was just lights on, no actors, behind the scenes, some new areas we didn't get to see last year (at TW) to explore as you mentioned, that would still be plenty cool!

Mark...

Comment

Hey. Crazy concept...what about a museum style tour with placards and prerecorded audio or video clips that play and explain a behind the scenes detail about how the scene was made or something? IDK. Just a thought since no actors.
                O'Shawn McClendon
                Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Hey Larry,

I would LOVE to see Lemp!
                  I've never been to Transworld before but I am going this year! Hell, I own a company that's vending there lol so you can bet your haunt I'll be there!

Maybe with no actors, just do it at your regular price??? I have been DYING to actually visit your haunts in person, and I can promise you that you have me as a customer should you open it up!

Comment

Couple things...

1) Okay we'll open LEMP and add it as a bonus behind the scenes tour. We'll open up some massive 20,000 square foot rooms that you can walk through and take photos of... we won't open it with actors I don't think.

2) We will post pics starting next week when we actually start the project. First pic is attached to this email here.

3) I am pulling out all the stops this year... if you've ever wanted to see The Darkness I think this will be it. The main reason I wasn't going to open Lemp is because I will be doing some projects for other people and I want to focus ALL OF MY TIME on Darkness because its the 20th season. We will do our best work EVER!

4) I will post a list of vendors and people from around the industry who will help us with this massive overhaul project. See list now...

Unit 70 - Ghost Ride - Interactive Ticketing - we are really close to ordering a few things from Gore Galore and we'll be getting Distortions to make something for us for their TV Show. I have Dan Faupel doing some drawings and he's doing amazing work.

More vendors to be named soon!

5) We will work next week to update www.TheDarkness.com. Prices will basically be the same as last year $50.00 for Darkness and $100 for the behind the scenes tour which we'll add The Lemp to the mix. We'll offer discounts for people who buy in January through discount codes via our facebook page. This includes Terror Visions 3D. Tickets will go on Sale January 1st. Alcove Reaper.jpgAlcove.jpgCemetary Arches [1].jpg

6) Major upgrades we are attempting: Basically the whole entire upstairs is being re-done nothing much to the downstairs. Terror Visions will get some new animations, a new facade que room and our museum is getting something HUGE... can't say yet.

Take care. Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Larry,

This scene resembles one of my scenes from this past year. Nice artwork!

Allan

Comment

Actually what it is ... its a scene we use to do in Darkness like 10 or 12 years ago. I'm bringing it back only doing it better than before. I think we had it featured on one of the DVD's we produced at some point it was in a scare section. You'll like it... it requires two actors to work the scene.

The dumpster is already placed outside The Darkness and we are starting WED! I'm meeting our 3D painters tonight about what we are doing to Terror Visions as well tonight. So everything is moving. I got Brainstorm updating the website www.thedarkness.com. We will add Lemp to the behind the scenes tour and we'll open up new rooms for you to check out but we will NOT open it with actors.

BTW... I'm pretty sure we'll be filming the Darkness event for Travel Channel. More on that later.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

We have finally really started to update www.thedarkness.com. Much of the information has been updated so check out the website.

Couple of quick announcements...

1) GORE GALORE will be producing a PARADE OF THE DEAD for the Darkness live show event. More details on this later but there will be someone super cool happening in the que line produced by GORE GALORE.

2) We have begun to build the darkness... there is NO TURNING BACK NOW! We are going see the pics... a massive dumpster is sitting outside the place getting filled up by the second! The money is pouring out the window now.

We have placed a massive order with Unit 70 and we have purchased stuff from Gore Galore and Ghost Ride. I will also have a shocking announcement soon that will blow your mind but keep following this thread.

Let me just say we are going back to our roots so if you like haunted mansion themes then you will love what we do here. We are going to make this very cool very disney haunted mansion like and it will be filled with TONS of digital cgi FX that we are making or having made. Lastly we are doing some really cool stuff to Terror Visions as well... we ripped out the entire facade area we are re-doing it. I can't say what yet but you'll see...

We are adding some additional stuff to TV as well more later.

Larry
                          DSC02431.JPGDSC02433.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

DSC02391.JPGDSC02395.JPG

BTW this was our booth at the IAAPA SHOW... this booth is being used in the new Darkness.
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Couple things...

1) www.thedarkness.com is basically totally updated although a few things might change but you can get all the details there. Tickets won't go on sale until January.

2) As you can see here in the new photos I've posted we are still tearing stuff out. We'll have EVERYTHING torn out by Tuesday and then we'll finally start putting it back together again. We are going fast now... Terror Visions is get started next week as well. I know these aren't the best photos but understand this is how it starts each year. The Darkness is NOW NO LONGER able to re-open at the drop of a dime the place is a wreck! LOL We'll get it done folks! This will be our best tour ever! Looking forward to it.

3) Lastly wanted to say that I added like 10 more items for sale on the trading post.

DSC02439.JPGDSC02441.JPGDSC02444.JPGDSC02448.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X