Get your tickets NOW www.thedarkness.com

Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Is their any doubt who's making the best CGI FX? We are making some really cool stuff now. We'll have several things going on in The Darkness during the tour.

Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• Have you been able to bring on Best Buy as a sponsor yet?
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

• As I stated originally we had no plans to do anything to Terror Visions then we changed our minds because we want the tour to be worth every penny... people make a lot of positive comments about Terror Visions so we wanted to improve it.

So we did...

Here is what we did...

1) We added one of those bungee actor jumps and built a scene around it.

2) We moved our TNT room into a smaller room then added a ceiling and repainted it.

3) We added more props like bowling pins that hang, more props and monsters in the claw game or shooting gallery.

More or less the whole place looks more complete now. The renovation of Terror Visions is a PURE example how for very little money you can make something look twice as good as before. When you come you'll see what I'm talking about.

2) IMG_1699.JPGIMG_1701.JPGIMG_1704.JPGIMG_1705.JPGIMG_1706.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• Great news to report ...

1) The Darkness will be done by Saturday. We have put every single person we have on it with a goal to finish by Saturday. There might be an animation here or there that won't be done but for the most part it will be done.

I will be down there again today and will snag a few more photos.

2) The place is simply put a work of art at this point... its unreal! I have figured out a figure here of how much we've invested into this building/the haunted house itself over the last 6 years since this show has been in St Louis and its staggering. You get to see it coming up here really soon.

There are only 68 Behind the Scenes Tour Tickets left. PLEASE GET YOUR TICKET NOW because once is sold out we are ordering the food and we are done.

The food will included TURKEY - BRISKET - BAKED BEANS - CHIPS and DRINKS.

GET YOU TICKET QUICKLY. I know people think I'm just saying this but this sells out every single year we only have so much space to hold people I'm serious. Once we reach that limit we are DONE!

When the show happens I could sell 100 maybe 200 more of these tickets but we are TOPPED OUT!

I'm telling you the best show of the weekend is the BEHIND THE SCENES TOUR ... if you really want to see how the place looks, see how we've done stuff COME TO THIS TOUR!

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

JUST SO YOU KNOW... we've spent several times more money on the show than we are charging. We want you to leave excited. I think this year we will do just that.

Hope to see you there.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• HERE IS THE FINAL TALLY...

Darkness

1st Floor: Hallway entry into Darkness (TOTALLY RENOVATED) - First Scene TOTALLY RENOVATED - MEDUSA ROOM ADDED NEW MEDUSA - OLD PUPPET SNAKE ROOM TOTALLY RENOVATED INTO WORM CAVE - SPIDER CAVE (ADDED NEW SPIDERS)

2nd Floor: Added new props to garage and facade of mansion - WHEEL CHAIR ANIMATION ROOM WORKS (YEAH) - MIRROR MAZE REPLACED result is technically two scenes (LIBRARY HALLWAY - 4 CGI FX and INCREDIBLE DETAIL) (LIBRARY - Falling Bookcase - 2 CGI FX - AMAZING DETAIL - Animation in Ceiling - SECOND LEVEL ENDLESS BOOKCASE FX) - ADDED NEW CGI TWO WAY MIRROR FX TO BEDROOM

OLD MORGUE REPLACED now is basically two scenes (KITCHEN HALLWAY FREEZER - One CGI FX and AMAZING DETAIL) (ATTIC - 3 CGI FX - 1 Animation and AMAZING DETAIL plus we built a hiding place for an actor out of junk). ADDED NEW ANIMATION TO ELEVATOR HALLWAY - ADDED NEW SPARK FENCE - ADDED ANIMATION TO SEWER TUNNEL - LASTLY WE ADDED ABOUT 30 Actor activated sound scares through out the Darkness.

Terror Visions

Old Magic Room REPLACED with newer version of TNT Room better place for actor to scare, TNT in roof, fake roof, and new painting - Added Bowling Pins to Hallway - Painted Several New Floor FX - OLD TNT ROOM REPLACED with a new Bungee Puppet Show Scene - Added New Props to the Claw Game and BOBO Shooting Gallery

HORROR MUSEUM

This was just totally redone its pretty awesome now. Additionally since last year we've also added several new displays and overall totally changed this room.

ACTOR ROOM

We have moved our actor room to our new building its now about 1500 Scare Feet. You can see this on the Behind the Scenes Tour.

Lastly since last year we have purchased a new building connected to The Darkness... this year the behind the scenes tour will hosted inside the NEW BUILDING which will soon enough become a new attraction. The Upper part and bottom part are new shop area you will get to see all of this on the Behind the Scenes Tour.

We now have about 18,000 square feet for our shop and about 50,000 square feet in outdoor storage space.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Do you need actors for The Darkness tour? Let us know.

Comment

• Wow is only thing I can say. This will be our first trip thru The Darkness looking very much forward to it. Your pictures are simply amazing. Ben

Comment

• FINAL UPDATE ... well in terms of photos there is really nothing else I can show you without you coming to the tour. We will be doing some lighting and yes things will look drastically different, but photo wise this about says it all. I'll be uploading more photos over the next few days. We have an our entire crew working again today SATURDAY and we are GOING TO TRY and get 90% of everything done. Getting everything done doesn't seem likely at this point to many things get uncovered at the last minute... we have to build a booth for TW now. Mainly the thing that needs to get done is lighting, sound and hooking up more animations.

Check out the photos of Terror Visions... now tell me this isn't bad ass. We really went to town on Terror Visions. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

IMG_1729.JPGIMG_1730.JPGIMG_1735.JPGIMG_1736.JPGIMG_1739.JPG
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• YES... if anyone wants to work at Darkness let me know! Larry

IMG_1744.JPGIMG_1745.JPGIMG_1746.JPGIMG_1752.JPGIMG_1756.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• I'm sorry this year I did not produce a video preview like I have done in so many years before. I was going to do it but we are just too freaking busy right now.

We are trying to build a booth for this show coming up next week... we are going to build the whole thing THIS WEEK! Yeah tell me about it. We are also shipping out a haunted house to client this week. SO I'm very sorry we couldn't do that this year. However we will have a really cool video available after the show.

I just wanted to say the behind the scenes tour is really down to like 25 tickets. We are trying to push this because if you want to come I need to close it down so I can order chairs and food.

So if you want to come please do it now!!!

QUICK! www.TheDarkness.com
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• BEHIND THE SCENES TOUR SCHEDULE

This will be our best event we produce because you are going to get to see AN AMAZING FLAT OUT the best most detailed work we've ever done bring the Darkness full circle on the detail side. You will get dinner, seminar, take photos, videos you name it. There is only about 25 tickets left. Here is the schedule for this event.

6pm Event Starts: We will serve dinner (BBQ Turkey - BBQ Brisket - Baked Beans - Chips) Promptly at 6pm. We will NOT allow anyone in the haunted house until 7pm. Between 6pm and 7pm we will do a Q/A about The Darkness while you eat. We will answer any questions about how we built scenes, detail techniques to marketing to whatever you want information about. You ask and we will provide you answers. This happens from 6pm to 7pm. We have enough chairs for everyone to sit and eat and ask questions.

7pm to 8:30pm: We will let people into the haunted house to walk thru at their own pace, no fog, show lights, take video, pictures, bring lights, whatever you want. I will hang out at the exit to hand everyone a copy of Hauntworld Magazine.

8:30pm until 9:30pm we will go back to the original room to again answer questions about the haunted house. Open house ask anything you want we will provide answers.

LASTLY in the past we had everyone start in our SHOP in the back... this year we will go into our NEW BUILDING its closer to the front door of The Darkness.

SO GO TO THE FRONT of the building there are two buildings connected the far left building is The Darkness and far right is our new building... START inside the new building far right door.

See you there.

Lastly I wanted to mention I will NOT be attending the Lemp Tour I have meetings with people scheduled but our entire staff will be there. I will be at Darkness on both Saturday and Thursday.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• FOR THOSE GOING TO LEMP... PLEASE READ

There is an AWESOME place nearly right next door called The Lemp Mansion and its supposed to be one of the top 10 most haunted places in America. http://www.lempmansion.com/

Eat dinner here you get to roam around the place, its really awesome place and the food is EXCELLENT!

The Lemp Tour will start at 7pm SHARP! The Lemp is only open between 7 and 9:30pm. You must show up and present your ticket PRIOR to 9:30pm.

The Lemp attractions is a new concept its in the DARK there is VERY little light in the whole entire place. Keep that in mind. NO CELL PHONES, CAMERAS, or LIGHT of any kind as it will RUIN the experience.

Just keep all this in mind!!! See you there.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• So if we picked the 8 pm time for the darkness behind the scenes your we show up at 6 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Ken Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X