Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post

PS: Brett to answer your question, we are using a hard coat from a company called CHEMLINE!
    I was looking at the Chemthane, but I believe you have to purchase their high pressure sprayer? Stew, how does cost on Arcusstone compate to the Senergy product?
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

• Depending on what quanity you buy.

I bought it at 28.00 a 50lb bag.
      I suggest buying the foam bonding its put on right before the concrete , and theres a hardner additive to make it even stronger.

Its by far the hardest concrete mix I have ever used, We build giant waterfalls(14,000 gal per hr.)
      that are outside in the winter with foam and this hardcoat.

You can climb on it... jump on it and will not even phase it.

I would post pics, but this is Larry's Post.....

thx
      Stew
      Last edited by Darksidestew; 01-31-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
        Bhays...If you use arcusstone there is no need for wire mesh. It has a bonding agent applied to the foam first then concrete.

After the concrete you apply the color then the penetrating sealer which absorbs into the concrete leaving a perfect stone finish. Not a plastic smooth feel at all. Like the real deal. Best product we have ever used when it comes to a concrete mix.

You have to take a class just to buy it....
        stew
        This is an online course right?
        John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

• Im not sure if its online now. You would have to check....

I hear sometimes if your a good negotiater they let some people slide by without taking the class.

Stew

Comment

• I think I'll take the class then, not that I'm not a good negotiator, I just want to make sure I get it right the first time. In my mind there's no room for mistakes!
            John Elks - Staff

Comment

• Hey back to talking about The Darkness. LOL

I wanted to mention several things... for one the tour is selling like super fast now. The tickets are cheaper now so get on over there to www.TheDarkness.com. I wanted to admit I really thought this would be the easiest renovation we've ever done and I was hoping it would be done already. We have a haunted house to build for a client in Africa. Oh well that idea of getting it done fast went out the window. LOL

Its coming along slow, and I've had to hire more people in fact to get this done. We are now up to like 15 people working every day.

There won't be another tour no matter who does it that will match what we are offering... the level of detail this time around is simply unreal to imagine. This library here is now going on week 3 to build and its no bigger than say 25 feet by 25 feet. When its all said and done it will be the single most elaborate room in The Darkness history. As you can see in these photos we've finally moved to painting certain area's of the attraction. It's moving along. Larry

IMG_1480.JPGIMG_1481.JPGIMG_1482.JPGIMG_1487.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Here are a few more pictures... one shows how we are changing another scene downstairs with all these impaled bodies. Its kind of cool actually because we are going to make you weave thru them so yes you can touch them and bump up against them and one is animated.

Another picture shows you a pretty cool prop Unit 70 made for our library. Lastly there are two more photos of the upstairs the second floor of our library... we've already installed mirrors and the crown in the ceiling. We also started to install the railings. Anyway the long and short of it is this... the library construction wise should be done TODAY! The painting process is going to take a while though maybe another two to three weeks. Then it will take another few weeks to install all the animations, and special fx. From there its sound, lighting, and installing the props. The Long and Short of it is this... I'm hoping EVERYTHING will be done by the end of this month.

We will then turn our focus to the Transworld booth we are building. Again get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

IMG_1478.JPGIMG_1483.JPGIMG_1486.JPGIMG_1491.JPG
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Okay several new picture for you... here are a few new pictures of the horror museum. The museum is actually bigger totally redone with all new figure and displays. The horror museum also includes a new scare you'll see when you come. www.TheDarkness.com

20120512_221301.JPG20120512_221405.JPG20120512_221558.JPG.
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• The carpentry aspect of the library will be done today and its onto paint and detail work. There are a few more things that must be done but there isn't much left now. This library is going to blow your mind. Get tickets now at www.TheDarkness.com

20120512_222507 - Copy.JPG20120512_222520 - Copy.JPG20120512_222308 - Copy.JPG20120512_222413 - Copy.JPG
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• And YES FINALLY we have some scenes that are ALMOST DONE! What do you think? I also wanted to make a major announcement here... we are re-doing two rooms in Terror Visions for your viewing pleasure. This truly will be the biggest haunt tour we've ever done. Get your tickets NOW at www.thedarkness.com because the prices go up in March. Larry

20120512_223836.JPG20120512_223901.JPG20120512_232004.JPG20120512_232027.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Today we got our worm cave hard coated. It will be sprayed with concrete today and by Monday it will be done painted, finished waiting for some really slow company called Gore Galore to produce our WORM PUPPET! LOL

Also the library is moving right along the construction is basically done we are down to painting. I'm hoping by mid-next week that will be done and we'll start to move in props. Its cooking. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

IMG_1493.JPGIMG_1495.JPGIMG_1501.jpgIMG_1502.jpgIMG_1503.jpg
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Here are some more pictures of the attic with a FLASH and what I mean is these pictures don't look that great. The room is basically done we have to wire up the animations, the cgi fx, hang a couple curtains and boom done. Well wait a second we also need to add the lighting and the sound. LOL

Listen this is flat out going to be the best haunt tour you do all year anywhere I'm telling you... you are going to be blown away.

We are also re-doing two rooms in Terror Visions which we are going to start on later day. We totally re created the horror museum, added tons of new stuff upstairs and downstairs.

We are pumped.. I think you guys are going to be speechless once this is completed.

www.thedarkness.com

Larry

IMG_1507.JPGIMG_1509.JPGIMG_1514.JPGIMG_1515.JPGIMG_1516.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• We have our first VIDEO... BING BING BING DING DING DING. LOL

We'll have many videos coming your way soon. This is a possessed girl who hides in a mirror. I can't say how we are going to do it because its so freaking cool I don't want to give it away. I will say it won't be an fx in on a TV.

If there was ANY DOUBT who's going to have the best haunt tour of the year hopefully this video will show you we are going all out... this is one bad ass fx once its complete.

Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Couple things to report here today...

1) Our behind the scenes tour is already 60% SOLD OUT. We are offering BBQ dinner starting at 6pm, behind the scenes tours where you can take pictures and video, and at the end we'll host a seminar where we explain how we built everything. Not to mention EVERYONE gets a free Hauntworld Magazine. Again I repeat this is 60% SOLD OUT. This is the best event we offer. I need to just say this is a FIRM event we only have some many spots so it will sell out its sold out every single year we've done it.

2) The LIVE TOUR on Saturday is already 55% SOLD OUT... this is limited to 1000 people! WHY? There are a couple things we've learned and one of them is we don't want to stay there until Midnight or 1am. We still have to go to the tradeshow the following day. Additionally we like to space out groups by up to 2 minutes and still close on time. We want everyone to have a great experience this is our top priority.

3) LASTLY these tours are CHEAPER RIGHT NOW ... get your tickets online now at www.thedarkness.com

4) See the photos below we have now officially hard coated and sprayed our worm cave with concrete. Monday we'll start painting it and by Tuesday we'll detail it. I will have some super awesome photos of it by Friday. Almost all the upgrades to the first floor are done. Very soon I'll have some cool photos.

5) Upstairs... the attic is done, the kitchen hallway is done, the library needs a little more work but I'm going on a limb here to say that by next Friday we might be hanging animal heads on the walls in the Library. The upstairs section of Darkness will take a couple weeks to complete that means all detail work and sets. The only thing left will be the lighting and fx.

6) Terror Visions: Yes we have finally decided to do something here... we actually started already. So when you come there will be two new scenes in Terror Visions as well. Nothing to report here yet but it has already got started and maybe it will also be done within 2 weeks.

BOTTOM LINE... within two to three weeks I will have a lot of really incredible detail photos to show. I will also make a haunt tour preview video within two weeks.

This will be without any questions the pinocle year for The Darkness.

DSC01585.JPGDSC01586.JPGDSC01587.JPGDSC01589.JPGDSC01590.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• Freaky!

Watched over & over the demon in mirror video, very cool! Very freaky as well! Just wish I could see it in person, I'll be back soon enough! Everybody have fun & enjoy!
                                ...like that really needs to be said! Haha
                                John Elks - Staff

Comment

Working...
                                X