No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay to the previous person and sorry I don't' know your name but I do actually agree with you its somewhat confusing. I have got a lot of emails asking questions more so than any other year so... I made this video that goes thru EVERYTHING. Please watch and share the video. This will help.

Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Another drawing of our Escape Game! We are working on it now... www.thedarkness.com

Serial Killer- Holding Cell [1].jpg
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• The haunted house is ALMOST DONE...

Working hard on the escape rooms now.

Larry
        IMG_4907.JPGIMG_4908.JPGIMG_4916.JPGIMG_4918.JPGIMG_4919.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• And more photos of the haunted house... I can tell you if you want to see a haunted house built from scratch this is it... I can also tell you our subway as seen here will double up a an escape game. So when its all done we'll have FOUR escape rooms to offer. Larry

IMG_4890.JPGIMG_4901.JPGIMG_4903.JPGIMG_4904.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• Couple more pics... we are building a new scene inside the Darkness as well and this giant monster will go inside. And a picture of our nearly completed serial killer escape room. FYI... I wanted to say the escape room tour is like 70% sold out. And the first behind the scenes tour is about 50% sold out. www.thedarkness.com

IMG_4929.JPGIMG_4937.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• Here is a VERY REAL update...

1) Our haunted house is still NOT done. However its looking really close. We have to finish the subway, sound, lighting and hook up the animations otherwise its more or less complete.

We had Bobbie Sutton in the house today checking out the place for his Zombie Laser Tag Demo's... I told him it would be the best zombie tag arena he'd ever seen. He said to me exactly that he thought I was just bragging, but after seeing it he was totally BLOWN AWAY! He admitted hands down it will be the best facility for zombie laser tag he's ever seen... now keep in mind its actually THREE THINGS.

a) Haunted House

b) Zombie Laser Tag

c) Escape Room

You'll see when you get here. And btw I'm NOT bragging when I say yes you'll think the place is simply amazing because it is! This is probably the best modular style haunted house we've ever done.

2) Escape Rooms: We won't have time to build three escape rooms however we'll have two ready to go. The serial killer maze is one day from being totally ready to theme and paint. The Mummy is a bit further away but I'm thinking by the end of next week both should be really close to being done. The clues and puzzles will be installed the week after next. Both escape rooms are going to be TOP NOTCH! We will begin to build our 3rd escape game after the first two are totally done.

Ticket Sales Update:

The event that is NEARLY sold out is the Escape Room seminar ... there is only 38 tickets left. The first behind the scenes tour has only 66 tickets left. I'm telling ONCE its sold out we can't offer anymore because all I'll get is complaints ... these escape rooms are ONLY SO BIG we can't fit more than what we are selling to see them. So if you want to go I'd suggest you hurry up!

Larry

IMG_4946.JPGIMG_4947.JPGIMG_4949.JPGIMG_4953.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Updated video for the Zombie Laser Tag. Larry

Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Watch us on Thrill Factor last season.

Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Here are some pictures of our escape rooms and our subway getting closer. The serial killer escape room is getting really close to being done.

Larry
                    IMG_4957.JPGIMG_4960.JPGIMG_4962.JPGIMG_4963.JPGIMG_4964.JPG
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Okay so here are pictures of our escape rooms... yeah yeah doesn't look finished and you'd be 110% right in saying that one. We are NOT going to have time to build out more than two of them (Mummy and Serial Killer). But both will be done.

Remember we are also creating a lobby as well... so we are building right now two escape rooms and the lobby. FINALLY the lobby is starting to come together. I would say by the end of NEXT week both escape rooms and the lobby and the entire space will be CLEAN and ready to go. Then it will be back to the haunted house. The serial killer is totally done in terms if build out, its being painted right now. Mummy we are hoping to have completely framed out today. These are both going to be very very detailed escape rooms that I can tell you. This is taking way longer than I had planned that I also know.

Lastly I wanted to mention the best selling ticket we have is the escape room seminar tour... only 31 tickets left. Get them now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

IMG_4960.JPGIMG_4962.JPGIMG_4963.JPGIMG_4967.JPGIMG_4968.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Silo-X is ALMOST DONE...

1) We have to add sound

2) Need to hook up animations

3) Secure all the props

4) Finish the Subway Car

5) Program the CGI FX

We are getting there trust me on that one. This has been WAY MORE WORK than I imagined... but you are going to see a haunted house built from SCRATCH. Its amazing to see this place because its simply awesome. I will admit however that its not what I want it to be because its not going to have built out ceilings or any of that there just isn't time... but its still amazing.

We are picking up yet MORE animations from Unit 70 next week including a new one I had him make I'm calling THE BLOB!

Larry

IMG_4969.JPGIMG_4972.JPGIMG_4973.JPGIMG_4976.JPGIMG_4978.JPG
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Okay so here is another update... we sold a TON of tickets today. Today was our biggest day so far... we sent out a mass email letting people know the amount of tickets left for each event and everyone started snatching them up. I wanted to STRESS TO YOU two main things...

1) the zombie laser tag demos can ONLY HOLD SO MANY PEOPLE because they are doing a seminar type thing with it. We only have SO MUCH ROOM TO HOLD these people so its limited. You should buy the tickets now its only $30 bucks and learn how to utilize your facility to host zombie laser tag. That is the point of this event.

2) Escape Room Seminar: Again we can ONLY HOLD SO MANY PEOPLE and then we are DONE! I can hold tons of you down stairs where we'll do the seminar the problem is I will ONLY have two escape rooms built plus my lobby. I can MAYBE fit like 25 people in each escape room to mill around inside at a time. I'll have to send people up in two waves... I CAN NOT TAKE ANY MORE PEOPLE! This event is going to CUT OFF TOTALLY and its doing so well I should have considered adding a second event. So as it stands with only this one event I'm letting you know there is only like 20 tickets left. And it will be the FIRST SOLD OUT!

3) The PRIVATE tour on Wed... its only for the first 100 people we are offering dinner and you get to mill around thru the entire place. This only has like 25 tickets left.

4) The normal behind the scenes tour has plenty of tickets left but its over half sold out itself.

5) Darkness Live event ... its about half sold out as well. Yes I could sell thousands of tickets but I AM NOT doing that because I'm running this new haunted house called Silo-X and I want to keep the numbers low to give a great show. The problem is with SIlo-X is that during peak season I would have to send people totally around my building to do it. I'm not doing that for TW I'm creating two lines one for silox and one for darkness. So by doing that I have to keep the total amount of tickets sold to a LOWER number. I don't care about the money I care about the people who do pay getting the best we can offer.

SO EVERYTHING is OVER half sold out and some things are like 85% sold out. If you want tickets www.thedarkness.com

Now here are some pictures of our escape room getting closer.

IMG_4994.JPGIMG_4995.JPGIMG_4996.JPGIMG_4998.JPGIMG_4999.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Here are pictures of the lobby of the escape room... keep in mind NONE OF THIS IS DONE! We have a long way to go let me tell you but its getting closer. We have built two bathrooms hopefully they'll be working when the show happens. This is a MOCK UP... I like to do MOCK UPS all the time. Mocking up something means laying out the room the way you think it will look when its done so you know how to build it correctly. So everything you see in here will be REMOVED so it can be painted then put back. LOL

The room will also have props, animations, and well it has to be painted obviously. But two days ago this room was a total MESS! Our goal was to build 3 escape rooms prior to TW but now its looking like ONLY two can be done in time. This is a much bigger project than I could have imagined. While some of the other escape rooms around town may have opened really quickly, they are more or less very basic while the ones I'm doing our well out of this WORLD detailed.

They won't officially open until late April or early May. But for this show coming up it will serve the purpose of our demo we're hosting at the attraction.

IMG_4981.JPGIMG_4982.JPGIMG_4983.JPGIMG_4984.JPG
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Sorry for the lack of updates but OMG we got ourselves in deep this time around. I really never thought it would be this much work and money. I thought it would be easy and I wasn't as involved as I have been over the last 7 years but as I realized more and more it wasn't going to get done, I've been spending a ton of time downtown at The Darkness. I'm there nearly every night now tonight I was there until about 10pm. So I'm getting home late and just kind of forgetting about updates.

This is really amazing here... we have built an entire new haunted house, escape rooms, bathrooms, staircase, installed new exit doors, electric, security system, not to mention built and installed some attractions for other clients, went to IAAPA, celebrated Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving and the list goes on. So we are a bit behind here...

Basically NOTHING IS DONE and we are still wondering if we can or can't build a booth for Transworld. Tough to say right now...

Here is what I can tell you and that is our new haunted house is AMAZING you are going to love it. Our two escape rooms that we will have done will be AMAZING as well... the lobby to our escape rooms will be the best overall. Everything is going to come together r at the last minute I'm sure.

We are also trying to do a new scene downstairs and that is turning into a disaster... I'm not sure that can be salvaged because we are spending all of our time upstairs. We have less than a month now and the clock is ticking.

All I will tell you for sure is this... if you came last year you won't believe what you are going to see all built in basically two months. I'm not sure ANYONE could have pulled this off and we still haven't so ... get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

As you can see in these pictures current status of our mummy escape and our subway getting further along. Don't waste your time with other events that won't help your business. our Goal here is to simply put help you on every single level and I think we'll do that.

Larry
                              IMG_5009.JPGIMG_5016.JPGIMG_5017.JPGIMG_5018.JPGIMG_5019.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• New props picked up from Unit 70 yesterday. Larry www.thedarkness.com

IMG_5021.JPGIMG_5026.JPGIMG_5029.JPGIMG_5030.JPG
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X