No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we are going to at least it will seem like we are starting from scratch ... in other words when we first started you saw bare walls, seemed like almost nothing. Well we are out of the upstairs for now and back downstairs to build the final two rooms. First check out Medusa which is finally started... it should be done in about a day or two. It will get hard coated next weekend then painted. We have done a lot of foam carving in this room and its the only room we are doing any foam carving.

This room will not look like much until its hard coated and painted. Also one picture of a bare room in Terror Visions plus one shot of the wheelchair animation coming together. We have 30 days and counting... get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC00370.JPGDSC00371.JPGDSC00372.JPGDSC00374.JPGDSC00287.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• This is going to be a HUGE WEEK FOLKS... we are going to get the construction of Medusa done THIS WEEK! It will be hard coated over the weekend and from there it will be painted. Won't look like much until its painted then it should look pretty awesome.

We will also start the LAST scene and we'll put EVERYONE on it and try to knock it out by probably Monday or Tuesday of next week. Terror Visions will be worked on and finished in about two weeks so nothing to report there really. Work on TV is somewhat suspended for this coming week. Also including several more shots from CGI shoots we recently did. We did one CGI that is going to be really really cool... more on that later. We also finished working on the Green House theming in these new Venus Fly traps. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com the behind the scenes tours are about 80% sold out.

DSC00286.JPGDSC00289.JPGDSC00334.JPGDSC00361.JPG
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• Skulliath is coming

SKULLIATH is coming!!!!!!!

Thought you might like to see how this is coming.
        Here is a size comparison for you to see this monster is about 6' 1/2 feet tall.
        Just wait till you see this guy flying out at you, grabbing you and trying to eat you.
        I think it is going to be something special.
        Attached Files
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• As stated we are working on SEVERAL new CGI FX and this one is for Terror Visions the Clown attraction. We will have this CGI at the Transworld Show. Its really hard to explain what happens but... see if you can guess. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com I can tell you its REALLY COOL and MY HEAD MY PERSONAL HEAD gets blown up! LOL

Larry
          !cid_ii_14466bcaf52eb51f.jpg
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• These couple of pictures do NOT give you a good idea of how we are building this room out but its getting closer... by the end of the day TODAY this room will be DONE and READY for hard coat. Once its hard coated we will paint this next week then FINALLY you'll see what it will look like. I have to be honest here I'm getting this room and the last room done by winging it something I don't normally do ... ahh what am I saying i'm always winging it. But on these two rooms we are totally 110% winging. Everyday we do a little something then I come in and figure out what we should do next to make it look better. Today was a near disaster as many of the things that got done while I wasn't there wasn't done the way I wanted so we basically started over. However I think this room should be done by the end of the day I AM HOPING! Next week when its painted then you'll really see how cool it should be when its all said and done.

Larry

DSC00394.JPGDSC00395.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• Another day another dollar spent... LOL

We are ALMOST finished with the Medusa room it will be done by the end of the day on Thursday. This room really won't look awesome until its hardcoated painted and detailed. But you are seeing we are back to doing a lot of foam work here.

Also I wanted to mention Patti is lining up ST LOUIS BBQ for the behind the scenes tour on Friday... that is the event with the seminars and all the how to stuff. So get your tickets NOW at www.thedarkness.com

Also I wanted to mention I'll be doing a seminar at Transworld called 'How to Renovate Your Haunt' so sign up quick for that.

Larry
              DSC00396.JPGDSC00398.JPGDSC00400.JPGDSC00402.JPGDSC00404.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Medusa room is DONE and it was a total just make it up on a fly kind of room. But I think it turned out great. Now we wait to have it hard coated and finally paint it next week.

Today we tried to set up the new puppet monster from Gore Galore and ran into a nightmare... we actually started building the room and by the time we finally set up this giant beast we realized it wouldn't work. The monster puppet is TOO BIG ... its huge! So we had to figure out a different way to configure the room which we did. It was a reality show moment to be honest... we sat in silence for about 10 minutes we moved the prop already hanging in four different corners of the room, then sat in silence for another 10 minutes to finally I figured out a plan.

The room is being done totally different but I think its going to be pretty cool!!! We start building it out today!!! So keep checking right here for updates. This puppet monster from Gore Galore is beyond incredible. Wait to u see it... its unpainted now but it will get there.

I did want to mention the tour on FRIDAY with food, seminar, and behind the scenes tour is about 85% sold out. We are going to serve St Louis BBQ, you get to walk through the attraction then finally come into our shop where we will talk about how we built the attraction, give you tips to create scenic work and more. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

DSC00405.JPGDSC00409.JPG
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Damon we don't sleep... I can tell you everyone is worn out tired and ready for this to be done. I don't think we can do as big a renovation next year... no way. I just got back myself ... me and John worked together to finish Medusa. By night I'm working on the new Hauntworld.com and we haven't even started to think about a booth for TW. LOL

Anyway we are going to try and get about 15 people to the Darkness next week and really try to get it done so we can build a booth for the show.

Here are a few more pictures.

I just hope we can get everything done. Its going to be tough! I did talk to Unit 70 today everything we ordered that we haven't got we'll get next Friday. So we are moving in the right direction I guess. LOL

DSC00419.JPGDSC00420.JPGDSC00421.JPG

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Okay this is related to The Darkness renovation we are building a CLAW game inside Terror Visions. You are inside the claw game and this video plays like this clown is in control of the claw. What do you think? Larry

Get tickets now www.thedarkness.com
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Check out this bad boy... awesome piece of art. We are going to do several photo shoots for the haunts this year with our actors and turn them into logos icons or whatever. This is the first one...

You can still get your tickets to the tour www.thedarkness.com

Larry

scarefest_doctor_character_2014.jpg
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• We got the hard coating done... trying to get this done its getting tough. Larry

DSC00422.JPGDSC00423.JPGDSC00424.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Here is an update...

1) The private behind the scenes tour has maybe 20 tickets left. We have no more room because we are serving food and reserving chairs and stuff. If you want to do this event here is what is happening... you will go through the behind the scenes tour first, come out in our shop grab some food sit down and we'll explain how we built, marketing the attraction whatever you want to know. We will go through it all... very educational experience. Again only like 20 tickets left.

2) Thursday night behind the scenes tour they also have limits BECAUSE of how slow everyone walks through there... that tour has about 35 tickets left. Go to www.TheDarkness.com and get your tickets NOW!

3) Update on the haunt itself... I'll be honest we are changing some stuff because we've simply run out of time. We can't do everything I wanted to do because of snow and bad weather. We are being impacted by weather like our synergy froze, couldn't get things hard coated, you name it because of the really bad weather here. This might be the worst weather we've had in years. With that being said our focus right now is simply to finalize what we already have going and we are hoping to do that by the end of this week. We are picking up more props from Unit 70 Friday, Gore Galore is bring in the last puppet so we'll have everything but the claw game we wanted to build is getting nixed no time...

The Medusa room looks really really good... as you can see not only did we FINALLY get it hard coated, but we have also sprayed it down with concrete. Its getting painted TODAY! The last room downstairs is also getting finalized hopefully today. We will start painting on that maybe Saturday. But after that its off to working on a booth for Transworld. We have no choice. We've put a lot into Darkness and honestly to do all I wanted to do would take another month and we just don't have it... so we are in the process of wrapping up everything we are working on it and moving onto our booth. Wish us luck!

Medusa is going to look incredible... pictures coming soon!

DSC00433.JPGDSC00438.JPGDSC00439.JPGDSC00445.JPGDSC00447.JPG

2)
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• THIS CGI FX is going in the haunt ...
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• Lots of updates today... we had about 20 people working today. I stayed working myself I was the last one to leave around 1am. We have to get this done... we bit off way more than we can chew that I can say honestly right now. On the other hand this is probably the best haunted house renovation in the history of haunts... I'm just saying if someone could do bigger, or better than this I'll be there with bells on. Its unbelievable what we've done and somehow so way we are going to TRY and get it done in less than a week what should take another month.

We are trying! We'll have another 15 to 20 people again today working. This is probably the biggest most expensive renovation we've ever done and yes I'm TOTALLY AND UTTERLY CRAZY FOR DOING IT! ANYONE and i mean ANYONE who doesn't come well they are crazier than me... this haunt will offer so much inspiration, idea's and invocation enough I might say for 10 haunt tours. Its really that outrageous.

We are planning on finishing Medusa today, we are planning on trying to finalize the last room today, and then its off to working on Terror Visions to finalize that thing. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

DSC00449.JPGDSC00455.JPGDSC00458.JPGDSC00459.JPGDSC00460.JPG
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X