No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much to look at but... things are slowly progressing. We have a dumpster outside the darkness and we filled that and had to order another one. We are SLOWING going on this because we have to install a bunch of projects here. Once those are all installed we'll be flying on this project. What you see here are two rooms being town apart and one picture of Terror Visions which is being torn out and another of some boiler area this is also being torn out. Larry

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• LOL

Here are some ROUGH sketches of what some of the things we are planning on doing. Will have better ones by weeks end. Just found out that Bo already had half my order done... once we get going we'll really get going. We are doing a ton of things to Terror Visions since everyone loves that thing... one of the things I'm having Bo make is a hillbilly clown and you walk under his legs and once under his but he'll fart on you... lol

Gore Galore is making a giant animated clown we are gutting a scene inside. Also to Terror Visions we are making custom door jams or some sort of detailed outline of every door way to really add more detail to the attraction.

In the downstairs we are building a Medusa Room with an animated Medusa, we are also building this super wild scene with the help of Gore Galore. We are building this monster that will eat you... its going to be wild!

Upstairs we are building a couple new scenes as well including a bathroom and it will be the craziest one you've ever been inside... it will have a roof built from dead bodies, an overflowing tub, a cgi fx, and much more. We are also building a room called SAWZILLA! Can't really explain that one but you will have a close encounter with a massive death saw that will rip across your head. Also upstairs we are rebuilding our green house and creating a giant venus fly trap that will swallow you whole. The haunts are going to be more touching and interactive. Tickets will go on sale in January. Lastly upstairs we are building another scene from scratch its called people under the stairs room... it will feature an actor ridden wheel chair. This might be the craziest thing we've ever done.

Medusa_Scene.jpgstaircase_room_rough.jpg
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• Couple updates...

We still haven't really done much because we spent the entire week in New York City but today we are going to TRY and finish the tear out project. What is funny is that several of the vendors we hired to do stuff are further along than us... Unit 70 already has a full truck of stuff for me and we haven't built anything yet. Gore Galore is almost done as well with one of the bigger things they are making.

We did have a short meeting today on getting this started... here is a drawing of one of the rooms we are building. This room will feature an animated wheelchair that actors will RIDE! The room will also be built about 20 plus feet tall to give it two levels because it has a staircase.

Lastly wanted to mention www.thedarkness.com has been somewhat updated. So check out the site to get some details. Larry

Darkness 2014- Staircase Scene small.jpg
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• And yes another drawing... keep in mind these drawings are concepts of these rooms they are not what the rooms are going to look like exactly.

But one thing you will see sorta in the ceiling is dead bodies... yes we are making a ceiling out of 20 dead bodies. It should be wild.

Larry
          bathroom scenesmall.jpg
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• As always here we go again starting from GROUND ZERO... I wanted to say this is fun to me now. But this year I'm a bit worried we won't be able to get it done. We work our magic every single year but this time around its going to be TOUGH! We had a huge meeting and walk through the attraction tonight and I felt a bit overwhelmed to say the least. We have now filled up two whole entire dumpsters ... I have added yes more work to this project its growing and growing.

We have our entire crew in Atlanta right doing an install and then Christmas then the whole crew go out of the country to yes the Middle East! LOL

We will get this done one way or another. When you look at these photos its right out of the Vanilla Ice Project. LOL

Larry
            photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• Rough concept of our Industrial themed room we are building ... the room will have death machines coming overhead from the ceiling. What do you think? We start monday... pictures almost daily from there on out. Larry
              Attached Files
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Good question... here is the answer. I have been super busy I've been in New York, Atlanta twice, Orlando, Minnesota all within the last 3 weeks. I'm back home now and I'm working on getting the magazine done, updates for this website and getting the haunt tour renovation itself started. The tickets we will have on sale this coming week... so we'll get that done. Trust me when it goes on sale I'll let everyone know. LOL

BTW while I was in Atlanta I went to an auction and bought an entire semi truck full of stuff... here are some pictures from the auction. They had stuff in there that cost new like 40,000.00 but it was dented, cracked, or whatever and you could get for only 10%. Check out the photos... I bought enough stuff for two haunt renovations. LOL

We are well on our way to getting this done... I have to call a few more vendors but overall most everything is almost done. We just have to start building the scenes, we have the props, the animations, and everything almost in place.
                20131228_145227.JPG20131228_145240.JPG20131228_145255.JPG20131228_145324.JPG20131228_145504.JPG

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Skulliath Actormatronic

Here is one of the projects Larry asked us to design and build for him.

SKULLIATH Giant Actormatronic

We are trying something new.
                  I sculpted some life-size hands and exaggerated skull.
                  We then sent them to a company to have them laser scanned and 3d foam printed.
                  I am pretty happy with the results so far.

I look forward to the final results and if you would like to experience being grabbed by it first hand then come check it out at the Darkness Tour.
                  We will also have it displayed at the Haunt Show, but I think it would have a better visual impact seeing it in a scene.
                  Attached Files
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• Okay folks a couple updates here but nothing amazing to report... we are started and honestly its taking more time than I thought to clean/demo the old scenes. We are removing scenes that have been there since the first year the Darkness was in this building. The walls on top of other changes and more... hard to explain. But we are getting there. We just filled up a third giant dumpster but FINALLY I think we have everything removed. We are focused on the bathroom right now... we bought like 2000 dollars worth of real tile. I spent the day walking around some old half falling apart 500,000 square foot building that we are going into to rip out real pipes, electrical boxes, industrial fans and more starting today.

We are getting off to a slow start but its going to start flying here soon... today I also hired this excellent carpenter who's going to build the room that Gore Galore puppet is going in. We have to go on another install here in about a week so that will slow us down again but when we get back from that we'll have 14 people working on this everyday trying to finish it.

The stuff we are doing its NUTS flat out... no one is going to say this isn't our craziest renovation yet! LOL

Gore Galore is coming on Saturday to install something more on that later... and Unit 70 is done with our sawzilla animation we are going to pick it up on Tuesday. I will be down at Darkness again today so I'll snag more pics. We are shooting more CGI FX today ... this will be the wildest one we've ever done trust me! It involves a crazy clown and every single person who works in our company... and everyone including myself's head will get blown up! You'll see... shooting today!

Remember tickets are cheaper this month only www.TheDarkness.com

DSC04198.jpgDSC04196.jpg
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Was at Darkness all day... we shot a TON of new CGI FX and you are flat out going to laugh your balls off (LOL) when you watch it. Its so hard to explain what is going to happen I'm not even going to try. In a couple weeks we are going to shoot even more CGI FX... when its all said and done we should have about 30 FX. We have plans to help anyone who wants CGI FX have them... we are just filming away on these. The two we shot today are specifically for clowned themed haunted houses ... the ones we are filming in a couple weeks will be for normal haunts. Everything we are doing will be featured in the new Darkness. Also you see a photo of a TRUCK FULL of cool props I bought...they are REAL stone or metal statues. Also you see our bathroom scene coming together. The bathroom will be made completely with real tile, and will include cool FX inside. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com Larry

DSC04206.jpgDSC04210.JPGDSC04211.JPGDSC04213.JPGDSC04214.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Couple more updates... we have purchased about 30 Silicone Masks for this tour. Half of them are in check it now we have about 50 or so. We also have been buying all sorts of other things like statues and more. You will see why when we get further along. I also bought a ton of new costumes ... get tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC04219.jpgDSC04220.jpgDSC04224.JPGDSC04225.JPGDSC04226.JPG
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Another update... for one we worked today including myself just got home its about 10:30pm. The Darkness is a TOTAL disaster zone... we really have this place torn up! LOL

We are trying to finish our new bathroom scene so we can paint it. We are getting closer on the new bathroom its going to be sick... we are doing some fun things like a torn out wall that you can see through to the other side. Monday we'll finish it and we'll be onto painting and theming it. We have to add baseboards, props and corn molding. Next we are going to work on our new GREEN HOUSE... so who was at the Darkness none other than Gore Galore and the guys from Evilvision. They spent the whole day installing this new incredible venus fly trap... you walk through the middle of it and it swallows you. More on this later. But for now we have to make some creative changes so next week we'll focus on the Green House and bang that out. I will say by next week The Darkness will be cleaner more organized so I can take some pics. The Green House will be done and our biggest room will be started this wheelchair foyer room where an actor will ride down the stairs in a wheelchair.

Get tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC04222.JPGDSC04223.JPGDSC04229.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• We are working on The Darkness now daily... we are about to paint and finish the bathroom, then we are going to work on the green house where you will be swallowed by plant monsters. Check it out.

Tickets are avail at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
                            DSC00001.jpgDSC00002.jpgDSC00003.jpgDSC00005.jpg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• As I may or may not have already stated we are doing a Medusa scene here are some concepts of what we are doing... right now we are building the new Green House and painting the bathroom scene. By the end of the week we would have moved onto the wheelchair room... I'm hoping by the end of next week we could have everything upstairs built including all the construction in Terror Visions. I'm hoping within 3 weeks to have Terror Visions updates built and painted. The hardest part of this project is ALL DOWN stairs... so we are working on it last because its so complicated. I find it best to work on the easiest stuff FIRST so you don't have to stress about everything just one thing... helps you think clearer. Tickets are on sale now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

Medusa angle left [1].jpgMedusa angle right [1].jpgMedusa end wall [1].jpg
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• Yes we are finally moving in the right direction the bathroom is finally getting props and getting painted. Yeah! We are almost done with the Green House as well! This bathroom will be SICK trust me it will be the most detailed and sickest bathroom you've ever seen in a haunt anywhere!!!!

You can't even believe the amount detail it already has and is still going to get!!!! You want to hear something crazy our new Green House will have EIGHT animations in it!

Larry
                                DSC00007.jpgDSC00009.jpgDSC00010.jpgDSC00011.jpgDSC00012.jpg
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X