No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No we don't sell any of that stuff... we only buy new stuff.

I wanted to say that we will start working on Darkness TODAY!!!!

Pictures coming soon!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
      I wanted to say that we will start working on Darkness TODAY!!!!

Pictures coming soon!

Larry
      New thread! New thread!

Great to hear Larry. Excited to see what this year's renovation will bring.
      *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

• Couple things... we tore out the mirror maze its GONE! We had a huge meeting today about what we are going to do. Feeling pretty good right now about the plans and really feel you guys will have the best experience ever. We are going to do a lot of little things that make the difference while also building several really cool new scenes. We are also planning on turning the street itself into a haunt as well... big big plans here.

As for a new thread I can do that ... I thought maybe I could keep this one going. But whatever you guys think is best. Larry

IMG_0182.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• New Thread

I enjoy following your renovation from the beginning of a new thread. I would say start a new one, but it doesn't matter either way. I enjoy keeping up!

Comment

• So you want to know what we are doing??? I typed this up like a few days ago...

Scenes will be rebuilding:

DOWNSTAIRS

Impaled Scene: Simply remove the props we discussed. Lets put
            everything we remove on the second floor new building. Bodies and animations will replace everything here.

WORM: that area where the snake is here is what must be done. Remove the
            snake but do NOT remove the mechanism. You will rebuild and relocate that
            mechanism so it comes out to the edge of the concrete. In other words so the
            new puppet can stretch across the room. You will tear out all the existing
            props but you do NOT remove the façade to the rope bridge.

We will be getting latex vines, egg pods, one animated egg pod, and a puppet worm.
            We will do some foam work to this room build a wall around the worm opening
            big enough for the worm to get out foam around, hard coat and spray with
            concrete. Ives will work these egg pods and vines. The room is suppose to
            be like a hatchery for these TREMORS type worms.

SPIDERS: Simply ordering 10 medium sized spiders and some spider egg pods
            to doll up the room.

SQUEEZE WALL: Going up the ramp will be added. Might need to build up the
            left wall for this and should we do 16 feet or 20 feet

NEW SNAKE: Add the new snake by walling off the first
            scene and removing the old Unit 70 Monster Animation

UPSTAIRS:

ATTIC: We have already discussed this room. Will build one hallway
            extension of the kitchen will add one CGI FX. Could add the Freezer Façade
            and add the CGI FX we already have. The room will go into an attic type
            scene with pitched roof to include all the crawling bodies and an animation

HALLOWEEN MONSTER SET: Building two facades, and one moving house with
            monster overhead. This is the major room that will be created which will include multiple animations, fx, and props.

Install the Zombie Cage animation
            reinstall all the figures and props back into darkness.

Terror Visions

claw room and game booth will be adding several new figures. Need to order an oversized teddy bear costume

OUTSIDE DARKNESS

Map out the front including the building so I know sizes for new signs. We
            will buy a bus, ambulance, hearses, and chainlink fence including fog
            machines, plus flame machine to set up out front as a scare zone. We will
            include 2 sliders, 1 chainsaw, buy two oversized costumes, and 2 actors with
            weapons, plus lighting fx and sound. Need a projector. Need a chainsaw.
            Build a façade as an entrance to the Darkness. Add gargoyles and flame
            machines to roof.

Order foot pads speakers make sounds and speakers to do it plus the digital
            sound players. We are going to do 6 in Terror Visions, 10 Downstairs, and 15
            upstairs.
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• Don't care if you start a new thread or not just keep the updates coming. We did not attend your haunt tour last year but we do plan on going this year. Bringing the entire staff everyone is excited. Don't let us down!

Comment

• We haven't posted much because we are confused right as to exactly what we are doing 110%. So in the meantime we are proceeding to build the first new scene check out the drawing. Additionally we know we are going to try and build out the exterior of the Darkness even for Transworld.

We will be updating the website soon as well. Nothing will be firm until January 1st. Here is what I can say its getting more complex by the second. We are doing more than we originally planned I know that much. We have Gore Galore doing something, Unit 70 doing a lot, we are doing custom CGI FX, we are building at least one big animation, we bought a lot of new masks, and awesome weapons.

This snake is going in the attraction and it wasn't easy getting it in...

Larry
                IMG_0225.JPGAttic Scene smaller2].jpg
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• We are at least starting to ramp up... spend the ENTIRE day at a taxidermy auction. If that gives you any clue what we might be doing. LOL We bought TONS and TONS of taxidermy and I mean TONS! We bought a truck and trailer packed with Taxidermy. Our new bigger scene will feature a lot of stuff. Larry

IMG_0263.JPG
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Love the scene sketch

Maybe wire so small fans move the hair of the "lovely ladies hanging out there" come on all at once or one at a time so people going through are constantly refocusing on each individual lady. But I LOVE that scene.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

• Just a quick update...

We spent the ENTIRE day at Darkness today trying to figure out how to get this project rolling. We haven't really don't anything but clean out the building. Boring right? Well I am happy to report that FINALLY we are ready to roll starting Monday we'll be going FULL STEAM AHEAD!

Over the weekend I will be writing up all the tour options, announcing all the upgrades to the Darkness, everything.

In total we are changing completely FOUR rooms and updating several others meaning adding animations, changing props and whatever. The two new rooms we are building UPSTAIRS will include everything from a pepper ghost fx, to new animations to crazy detailed sets.

We will also throw an AFTER PARTY this year because guess what we have room to do so... after the tour will will supply drinks and food.

Everything is being worked on and everything is being figured out and everything will be announced next week.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Hey guys still working on updating the website. Here is another drawing of a new scene we are building for the haunt tour. Hope you like it. Larry
                        Worm scenesmaller [1].jpg
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• We are getting the ball rolling here... moving in the right direction. Will have lots to show you over the coming weeks. Also we will make another how to detail video and an actor training video.

facebook_header_scarefest2_2015.jpg
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Larry,

Who draws your concept art? They are phenomenal! I absolutely HATE that I have zero drawing ability whatsoever! It would make my job so much easier if I had the ability to put what I'm thinking onto paper like this!

Also, what do you guys do with all the props/walls/Junk you tear out of your haunt when renovating? Please tell me you try to sell it? If not, I'll take everything off your hands!

Weren't you selling an entire floor earlier this year? Has that sold?
                            Tanner Phillips
                            Mastermind
                            The Darkest Hour
                            http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

• Even though I'm sure you won't read this or respond since I've been ignored in every other post I've asked you questions, I'll give it a try anyway.

What are we looking at here?
                              Tanner Phillips
                              Mastermind
                              The Darkest Hour
                              http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X