No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are some more pictures... this year we really focused on lighting. Everything looks pretty cool... came up with a 100 point list so we really have to get cracking! You can still get tickets... www.thedarkness.com

DSC03300.JPGDSC03305.JPGDSC03308.JPGDSC03311.JPGDSC03316.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Saturday night!

Thanks for all the long hours and hard work Larry! The place looks great! Can't wait to see it...

Comment

• Today was interesting day... was over at the tradeshow floor and we finished out booth then Distortions came by Darkness and we had a wild time trying to load out of their truck two monsters. But the Darkness Monster that will be on the show Making Monsters is now in the building not installed but in the building. Making Monsters will film at Darkness on Saturday.

You can still get tickets www.thedarkness.com

Larry
        DSC03357.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• Spent the entire day filming with Making Monsters, then went to our booth worked on that then worked on Darkness until 4AM with a couple guys from the show... thanks for helping. Fact is the haunt still isn't done even though I stayed there all night long. I'm still up at 4:17am... Can't even go to bed until I finish getting a seminar outline together. We build a make shift scene in front of the new props from Distortions in about one hour... I said to everyone I'm going to get this done in one hour had a little help and boom done in one hour. Its not the greatest but its all we could do ... LOL. Love the new monster from Distortions its very cool! The Darkness is looking good but still lots of work to do! You can still get tickets www.thedarkness.com

DSC03363.JPGDSC03406.JPGDSC03409.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• Can't wait to check it out again this weekend. Looks great.

Comment

• Thanks... I'm still at home even though the show is going on. I can't get black paint off my hands, I only got two hours sleep and all I've been doing since I woke up is working more on Darkness. I have 5 more guys coming down today to work ALL DAY LONG TO FIX THESE ISSUES!

Listen I CARE OKAY I REALLY DO... I expect perfection even though its not possible. I always do and I care if I take 50 cents of your money or 50 bucks I want to do my very best always!

I will keep spending money to fix these issues we are still having up until the last minute. Again because I want you guys to really enjoy your experience, I want you to learn something, and feel it was worth the investment. This is the best work we've ever done period... I appreciate everyones support. It means a lot so I'll skip the whole entire show if I have to!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Hey Folks... I will upload more pics of the event last night later. Gotta head out to the show. It was a HUGE success we actually had our biggest year to date with the exception of the very first year. I wanted to truly thank some people...

ONE... the entire haunted house industry! If you went to our tour or NOT doesn't matter to me really, I just wanted to thank you for making the show great! A huge thanks to the people who supported our tour AGAIN... and this time around I've decided to do it again next year. Why? Only because of the response we got from people and because its fun to me to work on the haunt. I had a great time this year probably the best time I've had of any of the five years we did this tour. So I look forward now to doing it again... it keeps my brain thinking! LOL

I wanted to thank all the actors who showed up last night and supported us and did an amazing job... thanks!

It was a long night... again thank you very much. Lastly I wanted to thank Distortions for showing up and talking to everyone who came and for filming the show there. They interviewed TONS of haunt owners... that was fun!

And mostly want to thank Gore Galore... see attached picture. They did an amazing job and their parade they put on was something to see it OPENED MY EYES to endless possibility. Their parade might have been the highlight of the night! THANK YOU!

Larry

DSC03470.JPGDSC03473.JPG

DSC03479.JPG
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• It was my honor

Larry,
                  All I can say is thank you.
                  It was an honor to get to work with you on some Darkness products and to create the Monster Parade for your event.

I don't know if this video will post since it is on facebook but I will try.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• Larry, thanks so much for showing off the Darkness again. We had a really great time. There was a static clown figure that scared the crap out of me. I completely thought it was a real person, and I crept towards it and around it just waiting for it to move. It was a great static prop.

Also, Gore Galore working the line was awesome. I smiled like a little kid watching the Macy's parade. Good times.

Comment

• Alrighty, Here is another video of the MOnster Parade at the Darkness haunt tour. We hope you enjoyed because it was a blast to produce and my actors had alot of fun too, despite the heavy wind at times.

Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

• Was it a parade or just all the cool GG costumed characters walking around and/or dancing?

DA

Comment

• DA,
                          Well we didn't just wank around. We would start a song and come out from a hidden location, stand in front of the crowd and perform for usually 2 songs and then return to the hidden location. We did this 3 separate times.
                          If we are talking semantics then I guess you wouldn't really call it a parade since the street dead ends But it certainly would be considered Queue-line entertainment. And we did work to draw the crowd in and get them to dance with the monsters.
                          Kevin R. Alvey
                          info at gore-galore.com
                          www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

• Kevin do you mean you didn't have parade floats, marching bands, and giant balloons? Your costumes look great even if its was not a parade, I still bought four of them this year. DA here is a link just in cast you don't understand what semantics means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantics

Phatman
                            Phatman

Comment

• You guys missed it ... the video Kevin put up here doesn't do the event justice. I think our video will be much better coming soon!

Either way you can't feel the excitement of what happened... everyone loved it! People where dancing with these costume monsters, taking pictures it was simply incredible. I had people coming up to me the following day saying... 'I was on the fence with those things now I bought 5 of them...'

It was very very exciting to watch. I was out there taking pictures, I had a camera man doing video I'm here to tell you it was a ton of fun!

The Darkness haunt tour can't just be about seeing incredible scenes, or new animations so this year we tried to add to the experience... we had zombies sweeping the floors (cleaning) it was funny, we had all these costumes running around, we had our band singing songs, we just went over the top I think. It was a ton of fun... you should have been there. Oh yeah and we had Distortions out there with a camera crew filming and doing interviews up and down the line. The Travel Channel guys filmed for hours they were on cloud nine... they never had so many people there at one time for an episode.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X